Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Crunchyroll did it's top 100 list of the decade if you want to be mad at it like I am on twitter I guess https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/anime-feature/2019/11/26-1/crunchyroll-editorials-top-100-anime-of-the-decade-25-1

The cowards listed it alphabetically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

klapman posted:

the energy behind alphabetically-ordered lol

The amazing thing is they did a top 25 and still did it alphabetically

Anyway no Girls und Panzer is a crime but sure Black Clover is a top 100 anime I guess

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

dr stone is in the top 25. that's all I can muster the energy to get angry about.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i feel like even people who are into dr stone aren't that high on dr stone

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bloom into You not being on the list even though it's a real good and important work is perhaps the one I'm most angry about

well besides no Precure

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

i feel like even people who are into dr stone aren't that high on dr stone

yeah it's a perfectly adequate adaptation of a good manga

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anyway decade lists should be banned until another decade has passed so you can see what poo poo actually matters

maybe the one made in the moment are valuable as time capsules but idk

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
No GJ-Bu? No Rolling Girls?
NO REDLINE????!!!

gently caress you!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dr. Stone was my runner up for this year because I've cooled a bit on Fire Force and I haven't watched enough of Demon Slayer to say.

verbal enema posted:

NO REDLINE????!!!

I'll do a post for movies later!!!!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll do a post for movies later!!!!

I was yelling at crunchyroll but good to know

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I forgot which thread it was for a moment lol.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Do I need to know anything from Naruto to watch Boruto: The Next Generation™?

Black Clover isn't doing it for me anymore and I don't feel like retrying Gin Tama yet, so I figured I try one of the other epic saga anime shows.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Have you tried Legend of Galactic Heroes

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

yeah it's a perfectly adequate adaptation of a good manga

it's an okay manga

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wish they hadn't sped up the 'acquiring stuff to do science' steps so quickly. did they really need a whole rear end car that fast

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Argas posted:

Have you tried Legend of Galactic Heroes

Already caught up with the new one (on Crunchyroll).

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Aurora posted:

i don't think you watched the movie

I said it avoided lovely fanservice, not amazing fanservice.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:aaaaa:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ultra Cool

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

Do I need to know anything from Naruto to watch Boruto: The Next Generation™?

Black Clover isn't doing it for me anymore and I don't feel like retrying Gin Tama yet, so I figured I try one of the other epic saga anime shows.

this is a hard question

personally, i have not watched ALL of Naruto (and didn't really consider myself a Naruto fan) yet still really enjoy Boruto. but i have at least seen some, and i feel like it does affect my enjoyment of Boruto in a positive way that someone unfamiliar might not get... just from like, familiarity with characters that you now get to see much older as they grapple with parenthood etc.

ultimately i don't think you would be like, lost watching it, just maybe not getting the full charm?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/inkbypnut/status/1199224628813672450?s=19

yo can someone get me to Dallas

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
this smoking manga where cigarettes are cute girls is fuckin me up

on one hand I love cute girls

on the other I don't feel a need to start smoking again

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

this is a hard question

personally, i have not watched ALL of Naruto (and didn't really consider myself a Naruto fan) yet still really enjoy Boruto. but i have at least seen some, and i feel like it does affect my enjoyment of Boruto in a positive way that someone unfamiliar might not get... just from like, familiarity with characters that you now get to see much older as they grapple with parenthood etc.

ultimately i don't think you would be like, lost watching it, just maybe not getting the full charm?

all the scenes of the adults hanging out are absolutely enhanced by knowing these idiots as kids

absolutely loved the bit where kakashi tried to give sasuke dad advice

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Narutaru/Shadow Star

Probably don't watch it if you're not into elementary schoolers getting raped with test tubes though.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 27, 2019

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

How far in is the murata version of opm? I’ve been waiting for it to end so I can read it straight through because I’m tired of reading things with inconsistent releases

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Probably don't watch it if you're not into elementary schools getting raped with test tubes though.
oh yeah now I remember why I didn't do narutaru for halloweenis

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cuntellectual posted:

this smoking manga where cigarettes are cute girls is fuckin me up

on one hand I love cute girls

on the other I don't feel a need to start smoking again
You can always just not smoke and enjoy whatever aesthetic it has if that's your jam.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Wark Say posted:

You can always just not smoke

Hoo, buddy. If only it was that easy!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Toshimo posted:

Hoo, buddy. If only it was that easy!
Yeah, watching a fellow musician having to use that speaker thingy people without a functional larynx hafta use because cancer quickly puts things into perspective to stop loving about and say "Yeah, gently caress dat poo poo, I'm done".

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

anyway decade lists should be banned until another decade has passed so you can see what poo poo actually matters

maybe the one made in the moment are valuable as time capsules but idk

I would argue that decade lists are worthless no matter when they are made for something like anime where stuff from all decades is being made available for the first time every day

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

It’s just a fun little thing, like a character popularity poll.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Agronox posted:

you say fun but it just seems like everybody just gets mad about it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

you say fun but it just seems like everybody just gets mad about it

well you have to be performatively mad to implicitly express the superiority of your taste

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I would argue that decade lists are worthless no matter when they are made for something like anime where stuff from all decades is being made available for the first time every day

i think it depends on the lens you're taking the list through. obviously that sort of thing is not removed from the cultural context it was made in just because the tl was late. but when you look at it as what's having an impact now then yeah they would warrant inclusion. to me they feel like v different methods of evaluating a decade, both fine so long as you contextualize the list beforehand.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

theres new translated volume of cobra out now and its even more of a fever dream than usual

i love cobra

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thinking about an artist doing a traditional, slightly staid and meticulously planned worldbuilding scifi and next door buichi is yelling at the top of his lungs to his editor that NO THE CASTLE MUST BE ON TREADS, THIS IS AN INTERDIMENSIONAL NINJA ADVENTURE COMIC NOW!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

A PENAL PLANET WITH A ROBOT SKULL FOR THE MOON AND THE LEFT EYE FIRES A BEAM THAT REARRANGES YOUR DNA DR MOREAU STYLE

PINE TREES THAT CAN BE FIRED LIKE BALLISTIC MISSILES

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
trying to remember what I watched over a year is exhausting I can't even conceptualize trying to rank a whole decade

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Agronox posted:

Everyone listing their faves is less interesting to me than more specific topics like, what do you think are some overlooked anime of the decade, what is the most 2010s anime, in what ways has the industry changed from 2010 to 2019, and so on. That's just my perspective though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

thinking about an artist doing a traditional, slightly staid and meticulously planned worldbuilding scifi and next door buichi is yelling at the top of his lungs to his editor that NO THE CASTLE MUST BE ON TREADS, THIS IS AN INTERDIMENSIONAL NINJA ADVENTURE COMIC NOW!

I want someone to translate or release the old translation of his ninja comic

The anime for it has a great OP too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5E8yvkB6EE