Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Very curious about that bee movie game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

blatman posted:

Very curious about that bee movie game

All I know about it is there's a glitch in the 360 version where the game quickly becomes unplayable because it gets faster every time you press the 'B' button.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Bee simulator just came out on the switch

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

gently caress you dbz:budokai is amazing

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Shrecknet posted:

gently caress you dbz:budokai 3 is amazing

The rest were crap

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
So can I stroll into the electronic desert that is my local Fry's and buy poo poo on a deep discount or are they still selling whatever inventory at full price while actively ignoring their doomed reality?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

Mister Facetious posted:

The rest were crap

Don't you dare say that about Crazy Frog Racer 2

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

So can I stroll into the electronic desert that is my local Fry's and buy poo poo on a deep discount or are they still selling whatever inventory at full price while actively ignoring their doomed reality?

Everything was full price when I was there last month, and the place was BARREN. Not like "Oh man they really should get a restock. Looking a little sad in here". The 40 yard long cable isle had literally ONE thing on a shelf. An RCA to Component cable. That was literally the only purchasable item.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Their story is everything is fine, so no discounts.

My guess is they’ll chug along through Black Friday and Christmas and then close up shop.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Doom Rooster posted:

Everything was full price when I was there last month, and the place was BARREN. Not like "Oh man they really should get a restock. Looking a little sad in here". The 40 yard long cable isle had literally ONE thing on a shelf. An RCA to Component cable. That was literally the only purchasable item.

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I would have been tempted to buy it just to fully empty the racks. I currently have no need of such a cable.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
An RCA to component cable seems like a weird thing to exist

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

TheScott2K posted:

An RCA to component cable seems like a weird thing to exist

No matter how insane the adapter cable would be in most conditions somebody, somewhere has a valid need for one.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I feel like Fry's will stick around for a bit longer than they reasonably should, just because they're part of the same big corporate umbrella as Kroger, Meijer's, Fred Meyer, and etc.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I feel like Fry's will stick around for a bit longer than they reasonably should, just because they're part of the same big corporate umbrella as Kroger, Meijer's, Fred Meyer, and etc.

Meyer and twenty other brands, yes. Meijer's no, that's a standalone company.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

No, they're not.

The regional grocery store chain is owned by Kroger and was founded by the same family as the electronics stores, but they're completely separate companies.

The electronics stores are the ones circling the drain with no stock on the shelves.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Space Gopher posted:

No, they're not.

The regional grocery store chain is owned by Kroger and was founded by the same family as the electronics stores, but they're completely separate companies.

The electronics stores are the ones circling the drain with no stock on the shelves.

IIRC the Fry's Electronics founders were the kids of the Fry's guy that founded the grocery store. Not entangled at the corporate level in any way.

EDIT

Checked and yeah, when the Fry's founder cashed out he gave his kids all $1 million checks with that and a fourth partner they founded Fry's Electronics.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I bet he thought we were talking about the grocery store the whole time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The grocery store is doing pretty well. They just opened the biggest location yet downtown. I'd love to have checked it out but it opened up the last day of my previous job, a small walk away from my office. Aw well.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Toys R Us returns from the dead:
https://www.nj.com/bergen/2019/11/toys-r-us-is-back-and-its-opening-its-1st-store-this-week-in-nj.html

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

quote:

software-powered “experiential retailer,”

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Guess you can't build hype if you mention the ones in Canada just kept trucking along...

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Figured they would since nobody else really sells physical toys anymore. All the big retail stores barely have any selection.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Do you mean specific types of toys or retailers, because every retailer I go to has aisles of poo poo I have to shove my kids past. Even god drat Barnes and Noble these days.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Funkopops aren't toys, mom. :colbert:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yes they have aisles of toys but it’s just a small section and usually not much variety. Unlike a big Toys R Us store.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Hand Row posted:

Do you mean specific types of toys or retailers, because every retailer I go to has aisles of poo poo I have to shove my kids past. Even god drat Barnes and Noble these days.

Seriously. There are like 4 aisles of toys at the freaking Tractor Supply near me. But somehow no ground anchors or pickets. You know, the kind of things that basically everyone uses when putting up temporary fences and portable garages. Two things that the store actually does sells.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Motronic posted:

Seriously. There are like 4 aisles of toys at the freaking Tractor Supply near me. But somehow no ground anchors or pickets. You know, the kind of things that basically everyone uses when putting up temporary fences and portable garages. Two things that the store actually does sells.

I feel like the death of retail is at least part due to the fact stocking policies are, to my view, completely insane.

Over the past two weeks, I've had to order things online which I wanted to buy, and attempted to buy, in nearby stores. Not obscure niche products, either. Just normal poo poo. Couldn't manage it, had to order them online.

I mean, if (for example) Best Buy can't actually stock Microsoft Surfaces -- the grand, new thing that's being advertised all over the place at Microsoft's expense -- what right do they have to complain that their retail business is hosed? Had to order some jeans online too because no one stocks 32x32 jeans in an acceptable cut.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.
To be fair, retail logistics in Canada are noticeably worse than south of the border.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's my understanding that we have a lot of distributor exclusivity loving things up protecting small business operators from online retail.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 28, 2019

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
At CVS we couldn't buy eye rinse, but we could buy this:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Beachcomber posted:

At CVS we couldn't buy eye rinse, but we could buy this:

To be fair, that is a great product

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

It's my understanding that we have a lot of distributor exclusivity loving things up protecting small business operators from online retail.

Oh God, don't get me started.

2 step distribution is dieing a hard death. Our Amazon lords will soon own all channel distribution, or at the very least exert complete control over the demands on manufacturers and its competitors.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
what do you take "days of dunking fun" to mean? Like it breaks after a week? Or you just leave cookies and milk out all the time and just nosh as you please?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dunking Log
Day 45

We have been dunking since daybreak. The dunk is relentless. I miss my wife and child.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It only comes with 6 cookies.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

It only comes with 6 cookies.

Dunking Log

Day 1

We ran out of cookies in two minutes. Massive unrest and crying among the children. State of Christmas Morning: RUINED.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

It’s great that they included a customized tricolor printed paper napkin in there. Really great.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Space Gopher posted:

No, they're not.

I mean, the red bags we put janky produce in to mark it down have all the stores in the corporate umbrella listed as being ~part of the donation program~, and that apparently includes Fry's Electronics

I might be wrong, this was a bit of a TIL when I saw it, but who knows

e: and yeah, they are absolutely circling the drain, I just suspect they might stop it up and refuse to go down fully for longer than say Best Buy or Microcenter

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PT6A posted:

I feel like the death of retail is at least part due to the fact stocking policies are, to my view, completely insane.

I have one for that too. I was attempting to buy air filters for one of my cars from the local AutoZone. They had one. There is no car where one of this part number is a thing. They are always replaced in pairs. They checked the nearby stores. All were stocked with exactly one. So they ordered one to be dropped off from the nearest store. Their system even indicated that these were to be replaced as quantity 2. So no excuses about not having the data.

Same store, different vehicle. Every nearby store had only left front brake calipers, once again something most often replaced in pairs.

Both times the employees knew enough to be like "what the gently caress" but why listen to them about how the store should be stocked? What could they possibly know.

If brick and mortar retail is going to be this bad why wouldn't I just say gently caress it and buy cheaper and wait for shipping? It's like they've already given up.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Retail should really be run bottom up, but since that involves listening to people who don't have business degrees it doesn't happen anymore.