Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Missy’s exit press

Again, all over email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

quote:

Karishma and I have talked it all out, I love and appreciate her.

Talked it out after Karishma gets voted out? Accidental spoiler maybe?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The cast are together after FTC and before they fly back out to the US, and also uh the several months in between. I don't know why you'd automatically assume that the only time they could talk is at Ponderosa before final tribal.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

The cast are together after FTC and before they fly back out to the US, and also uh the several months in between. I don't know why you'd automatically assume that the only time they could talk is at Ponderosa before final tribal.

Ah I’m dumb and forgot about the time after FTC. I doubted they would talk much, especially about that issue, during the months before the finale though.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nottherealaborn posted:

Ah I’m dumb and forgot about the time after FTC. I doubted they would talk much, especially about that issue, during the months before the finale though.

They're the only people they can really talk to about the game though due to NDA (not sure about the people that come for the family visit). So yeah I imagine most of the issues get hashed out in the months interim.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm treating Missy the same I am Aaron and will eventually Dan and maybe Elizabeth. I don't really trust her and just because she says "I loved her, we've worked it out" doesn't necessarily mean anything on its own especially when she doesn't really acknowledge any of the stuff she did. She just goes "I was in game mode" and doesn't like address that she just treated people badly. And the whole not doing live interviews thing and just a pretty softball email interview (one of the other big perks of one of those is no followup questions).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's probably worth waiting for Karishma and Janet's interviews (whenever they come) to see if they corroborate with any of this stuff.

I'm harsher on Missy than Aaron though, because she's a lot more complicit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Agreed. Aaron has that "mansplaining" incident but that's really it. I mean, I didn't like him all season but it was mostly just generic arrogant douchebag stuff. Nothing needing a major apology. Missy has the "play it up" thing with Elizabeth, the gaslighting of Janet, and the season long treatments of Karishima. Plus like smaller random things like "why the hell did you lie to Tommy about your vote after you were voted out?" or "Why did you demand vengeance against Elaine like she murdered your family?" And it seems like her only answer to it all is "I was in game mode."

Elizabeth is the interesting case because she's guilty of most of the same stuff Missy is, and they seemed like close enough allies that she seems complicit with all of Missy's stuff. But she didn't come off all bullyish and "vowing revenge" nutso so she'll probably get it easier.

And yeah, if Karishima comes out and is like "me and Missy worked it out, we're cool" then cool. I'll probably chalk that up more to Karishima's capacity for forgiveness and moving on than Missy's contriteness or self awareness, but either way its ultimately between them.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 24, 2019

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Elizabeth is a also a cute blonde white woman and therefore will never be judged as harshly

That said, she is more of a follower to Missy, so I too dislike Missy more, and I don't think it's a race thing

blue squares fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 24, 2019

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think Liz is getting it just as bad if not worse than Missy, considering she's actually complained about Dan on-screen (I can't remember if Missy did) before 'reversing' her stance later on. Plus she's the one who told Elaine to play up her discomfort to Janet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't pay enough attention to the fan following to know so I defer to you. I do remember someone (one of the RHAP people?) saying that their family were swim fans and were confused as to why "every hated Elizabeth Beisel now." So I guess she's getting it somewhere.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
So.

I’m feeling an Elaine win.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
She's too likable. She's already been targeted for that, and I think she was out last week if she hadn't had immunity. I don't see her being able to go under the radar. Best case scenario is she's really good at building small fires quickly after the F4 immunity winner freaks out that she's still around.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can't really anticipate who will win because I can't really anticipate who the next target will be. Taking out Missy and Aaron takes away what appeared to be the main strategizing core. There's still Tommy and Lauren and Rob C seems to think Tommy has the game on lock for some reason I don't really grasp, but the tribe seems broken up enough at this stage that I could see them targeting just about anyone this week. Except probably Karishima.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah I agree with PMach, I think I called Elaine getting booted at 7 or 8 a month-ish ago and I stand by that.

I think Dan, Noura, and Karishma will be in the final four barring idols.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 26, 2019

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Dan wins, does S40, Sandra fucks him up because she knows his poo poo.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Welp Silas Gaither from Survivor: Africa was arrested on rape and assault charges

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/2019/11/26/survivor-contestant-silas-gaither-arrested-assault-charges/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How many more eps do we have?

and big yikes about Silas. It's easy to peg a douchebag castaway but that's some evil poo poo

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
4?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The finale is December 18.

So yeah, four episodes left.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I always forget, do they normally go into the final episode with six or five remaining recently? If it's five that means we need another double elimination episode in the next three.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IcePhoenix posted:

I always forget, do they normally go into the final episode with six or five remaining recently? If it's five that means we need another double elimination episode in the next three.

Pretty sure it's been 6 most recently. But also the final 2 hour episode usually runs long and the garbage reunion is like 30 minutes of people peddling books and charities.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

the garbage reunion

a pretty apt name for it this season

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Karihma proud of her game and armpit doesn't realize at all that she just goated through

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ughhhh Karishma is so fuckin whiny

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Karishma getting the winner's edit

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
not without knowing what the challenge is lol

edit: oh good nevermind

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
She really does have a bead on this tribe

I think she's right about the two

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, and with Kellee getting two-idol-pocket voted out,primarily because she was relying on Lauren's expertise and trust makes it sound like she's a bigger player than we've been shown.

I do think Karishma might be getting that winner's edit, though. At this point in the game I would be surprised if she didn't make the end.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahaha I hope this scheme "works" so he can get burned later on lmao

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:swoon:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A fake advantage to provide cover for your fake advantage lol.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Survivor 39 - bacon is not a carb

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I would laugh if Nora and Eliz both sit out haha

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahaha cutaway to noura just making a face for a second in a confessional, dont give her a quip or nothing

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Can anyone explain Dean's fake fake advantage scheme? I don't understand what he's trying to do.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Can anyone explain Dean's fake fake advantage scheme? I don't understand what he's trying to do.

Pretty sure he wants to play his fake advantage at 9 as a HII so that people won't know he has the real (fake) legacy advantage from Jamal at 6...

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

He thinks his fake advantage is real so he's going to pretend to burn it at this tribal to get it off people's radars so he can use it at 6

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

He thinks the legacy advantage Jamal gave him is real, so he made a fake one that he's going to play tonight to throw off the scent, and hope nobody notices it's different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wow, Karishma really win this?