Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i want to say that's a joke, but she is a proud Bolsonaro supporter

https://twitter.com/realjuliasong/status/1113995596329832448?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

If you read her Twitter it’s genuinely impossible to tell if she is a real chud or a deep cover troll. the way she posts is completely indistinguishable from leftist parodies of chuds

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Ayn Randi posted:

dirk gently's holistic privatisation agency

In Douglas Adam's day Britain had a working airplane that could be turned into an eagle, now they'd have to borrow an American plane to do that

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Finally someone is saying it

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

State propaganda.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Encouraging apathetic people to not vote and disengage from political discourse is downright sinister.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

That’s a parody or something, right? Especially the last one is pretty on the nose.

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

love my impartial bbc

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

dpf posted:

love my impartial bbc

save a thought for the guardian and johnny crace, and their impartial views on the corb

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Refried Noodle posted:

That’s a parody or something, right? Especially the last one is pretty on the nose.

they're real, sent out the same day as the voter registration deadline

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so i gather the media has learned on how to deal with corbyn since the last election

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
they treated labour as a joke last time because they thought there was no way he could win. they learned their lesson and also that laws to protect elections in the UK are a joke

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

they also learned that end stage conservative manifestos are such wank that they must do anything in their power to stop reporting on them, as they believe that May lost it last time because of her manifesto promises

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1199780448056041472

a close up as boris johnson eats a scone and fakes an orgasm

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Kurtofan posted:

so i gather the media has learned on how to deal with corbyn since the last election

eh imo establishment opposition has hardened somewhat, and they've discovered that antisemitism sticks so they can run with that. on the other hand, labour's campaign office is actually united and are clearly running a pretty good campaign atm, which they weren't really before. first they focused hard on increasing turnout, which was very good indeed, and they've shown themselves willing to be a bit cynical about manipulating the agenda and using populist rhetoric. if this ends with anything but a tory majority the 2019 labour campaign is going to be remembered as an absolute masterclass in the genre, on par with the 2008 obama campaign. if they actually win a majority, everyone involved in the campaign are going to be wanted in every centre-left campaign team for the foreseeable future.

at any rate, the simple fact that there's room for a 10-point increase in vote share over the course of a campaign suggests that there's something very, very wrong

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

funniest result: lib-con coalition pledging a 2nd referendum, but both johnson and swinson lose their seats along with a slew of senior brexiteers

it would be such an impossibly unstable government lol

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1200015939774877697

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Who could've predicted that a state-run media organization could've turned to supporting the party in power and denigrating the opposition? Who?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Who could've predicted that a state-run media organization could've turned to supporting the party in power and denigrating the opposition? Who?

stfu american

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
What actually happens if the Tories win but Boris loses his seat? Has that ever happened before?

Doctor Nick
Dec 27, 2003

As someone who's visiting from the US, I find it very odd that only ONE newspaper has the "NHS for sale" story on its front page:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dravs posted:

What actually happens if the Tories win but Boris loses his seat? Has that ever happened before?

uncharted constitutional territory but the closest parallel is cabinet ministers losing their seats, and they resign as soon as that is clear

that said, there is strictly speaking no requirement that the pm be an mp—just the strong implication that they are expected to be one at the time they become pm

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
pretty sure the tories changed their internal rules so their leader has to be an MP and therefore the PM does

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jose posted:

pretty sure the tories changed their internal rules so their leader has to be an MP and therefore the PM does

the leader had to be in parliament at the time it their election to leadership, but not necessarily to continue as leader

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

also there is not req that the pm be a party leader. the cabinet manual says that they normally will be, but

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the entirety of british govt works off of the interactions of an accumulation of gentlemens agreements among the aristocracy

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

many of them are written down but by no means all of them, incl far too many of the ones you really want to work the same way every time w minimal ambiguity

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Turns out the USA works the same way even though a lot of it is written down.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

If Bozo does lose his seat they'll parachute him into another safe Tory seat and hold a by-election.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a bojo chicken run would be the absolutely perfect addition to his comedy show pm follies

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

silvergoose posted:

Turns out the USA works the same way even though a lot of it is written down.

A lot of the constitution was explicitly not written down especially when it came to the President because the Framers knew George Washington would be the first President and figured that he would just set the precedent and everyone who came after would respect Washington so much that they would just follow his precedents like they were actual law

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Squizzle posted:

a bojo chicken run would be the absolutely perfect addition to his comedy show pm follies

what? that's a "chicken run?" i thought it was just like, the pen that you keep chickens in.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

what? that's a "chicken run?" i thought it was just like, the pen that you keep chickens in.

in the 90s labour tried to brand the panicked carpetbagging of a buncha tories as the “chicken run” because the british are just miserably bad at catchy branding

but the term has sorta half-lingered for lack of a better one since

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I thought Chicken Run was a movie starring the voice of Mel Gibson as a plucky adventurer who orchestrates a daring escape from the evil farmer?!

gently caress, spoilers!

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
I expect they would just appoint him to the Lords and he can remain as PM from there. Hasn't been done for over 100 years but there is precedent.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

V. Illych L. posted:

, everyone involved in the campaign are going to be wanted in every centre-left campaign team for the foreseeable future.
“Here’s what you have to do; find the things the average worker wants/wants to protect and truly run on that, no triangulation bullshit to appease the upper middle class.”
*center-left party runs on a promise to exterminate all Muslims to secure a future for white children.*

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/notstelfc/status/1199824212397109248

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Doctor Nick posted:

As someone who's visiting from the US, I find it very odd that only ONE newspaper has the "NHS for sale" story on its front page:

tbf that stand is missing the mirror, which is the only actual labour paper, which also had that story

also some guy who was on television in the 80s and had been dying for the last 10 years died on Sunday so that was big news which should eat up loads of attention

no offense to Clive James, I listened to two ten minute segments about him on BBC radio's flagship evening news programme and it seems like he was a nice guy, but using 20 minutes out of an hour to do an obituary and then burying 2 minutes of discussion of the trade talks 45 minutes into the program was loving obscene

especially as they led into that 2 minutes with "labour are attempting to change the subject from antisemitism" and they framed it very much in terms of "labour are lying when they said the NHS is being discussed as part of a trade deal because no UK minister actually said they would sell anything" which isn't the point and the documents show it is being discussed you loving disingenuous cunts

BBC news is a loving disgrace

e: oh and Evan Davis did another 10 minutes about social care framed in a really smug "well nobody is talking about this and it's a really important issue so we're going to do a programme on it :smug:" way, which it is but labour have promised loads of money in the manifesto and maybe the reason they weren't discussing it at that particular moment is not because they didn't want to discuss it ever but because they wanted to talk about something else like the NHS maybe??

cunts

XMNN has issued a correction as of 16:10 on Nov 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Seksiness posted:

I expect they would just appoint him to the Lords and he can remain as PM from there. Hasn't been done for over 100 years but there is precedent.

might not be possible now—the aforementioned cabinet manual specifies that the pm always sits in the house of commons, specifically to stop victorian shenanigans like the pm chillin w the lords

more recently, douglas-home renounced his peerage to be pm