Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

terrorist ambulance posted:

Basically my point is if you want historical fidelity dont listen to a podcast where the only thing the guy knows about the topic is what he is audibly reading from his tablet taken from whatever book he ripped off

literally everyone here knows that's the podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The mince pie episode was one of my favorites and I appreciated the callback.

That said, gently caress Jan.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I'm sure that this request has been asked before, but I didn't see it in any recent posts: I started listening to the Dollop when they dropped their episodes on Trump, and while I'm not a regular listener (the audio recordings from some of their live shows tend to be a turn-off for me, so I usually end up skipping those episodes), my favorite episodes have been about other assholes like McCain, Bush, Reagan, etc. or events like the Veterans' Stand or the Third Wave. Does anyone have any recommendations for similar episodes?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm sure that this request has been asked before, but I didn't see it in any recent posts: I started listening to the Dollop when they dropped their episodes on Trump, and while I'm not a regular listener (the audio recordings from some of their live shows tend to be a turn-off for me, so I usually end up skipping those episodes), my favorite episodes have been about other assholes like McCain, Bush, Reagan, etc. or events like the Veterans' Stand or the Third Wave. Does anyone have any recommendations for similar episodes?

Caning of Sumner (#286), The Lobotomy Doctor (#7), The Girl Watchers (#194), James Sullivan and the 1904 Olympic Games (#150), The Iraq War (#122)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Olympic Games one is insanity

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Any dollop on a modern company is garanteed to be batshit.

Off the top of my head: enron, wells fargo, soylent, uber

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
The business plot has all the characters you're looking for

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Uber is worth it alone for jam pad

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Harriet Tubman (276) and Uber (271) are great episodes, for completely different reasons.

Veskit posted:

Uber is worth it alone for jam pad

Speaking of which, what episode does the "I'M THE GODDAMN HIPPO GUY" come from?

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
104, The Hippo Bill

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Shinji2015 posted:

The one on the Resnicks for sure. It's an infuriating one though. Also you'd probably like the one on John Delorean

oh and Proctor and Satan (364) is a fun one

Revins fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 27, 2019

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

huey long, tesla vs edison, jim traficant, proctor and satan, the resnicks,

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
erik prince

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
and, of course, the LAPD saga

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

scary ghost dog posted:

and, of course, the LAPD saga

I wasn't fully onboard with the Dollop, I thought it was funny, I thought it was good, but I didn't see why it was so popular. The LAPD Saga (#39, #40, #42, and #44) are all awesome.

I also didn't recommend it because it didn't seem like it fit with your list, but I think that The Falling Pilot (#247) is one of my all time favorite episodes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Thomas Kincaid is another really great one about an absolute lunatic

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FlamingLiberal posted:

Thomas Kincaid is another really great one about an absolute lunatic

My mom had a small part time job working in a doll house gift shop, and the upper floor was dedicated to Thomas Kinkade paintings that she had to manage, and used to tell me that dealing with his company was awful. I knew he was kind of lovely and hated in the art community but I never knew how bad he truly was.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Olympic Games one is insanity

Just listened to this per your post and you are not lying. Holy poo poo was that crazy at every turn.

Phantom of the Open is my new favorite I think.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
all the reverse dollops are amazing. pulgasari is a must-listen

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Digital Jedi posted:

Just listened to this per your post and you are not lying. Holy poo poo was that crazy at every turn.

yea I had forgotten about it and this is amazing, I knew the story of those Olympics already but even with that knowledge I was shocked by some things.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Digital Jedi posted:

Phantom of the Open had some great names, especially Gene Pachecki and Troy Atlantis.

The New York to Paris Auto Race live ep with James Adomian is also a really good crazy story. Obviously, since it's about a race from New York to Paris using automobiles, not amphibious vehicles.

The Two Indigenous Actors episode is pretty good, nothing super crazy in the story itself (using other episodes of The Dollop as a comparison). But at one point (I forget how and why), it's brought up that the guest, Bert Kreischer, has a quicksand fetish, and he goes from trying to downplay it and get back to the story, to eventually just leaning into it and saying, "yeah, I've seen that video before, it's pretty good, but here's another one I like better." It gets a little weird, but not too bad. It's mostly a fun little tangent where everybody learns more about Bert Kreischer than they wanted to, and then they go back to talking about Jay Silverheels and Iron-eyes Cody.

GANDHITRON posted:

104, The Hippo Bill

NO! SLEEP! 'TIL HIPPO!

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 28, 2019

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Try some of the lighter / happy ones, too. Action park! Is good. Battle of hayes pond. Phantom of the open is an all timer. Pedestrianism. Disco demolition and 10 cent beer night. Otto in the attic. Whalesplosion. JET PACK MADNESS. The falling pilot. Ross perot. Ludwig leichardt. Mince pie. Abalonia. The rube

All of the reverse dollops are exceptional.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

terrorist ambulance posted:

Try some of the lighter / happy ones, too. Action park! Is good. Battle of hayes pond. Phantom of the open is an all timer. Pedestrianism. Disco demolition and 10 cent beer night. Otto in the attic. Whalesplosion. JET PACK MADNESS. The falling pilot. Ross perot. Ludwig leichardt. Mince pie. Abalonia. The rube

All of the reverse dollops are exceptional.

A good list

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wonder why we don't have a New York to Paris car race movie yet.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wonder why we don't have a New York to Paris car race movie yet.

There were two, problem is the first one was made in 1908 and the other in 1965

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

My favorite episodes are the ones like The Jet-Pack episode and the Bone Wars, about two dudes in a niche field who have a minor dispute that leads to a growing life-long feud that continuously escalates in stupidity and pettiness.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
jade helm episode is great as well

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
been thinking about my favorite episodes all day.....thanks for asking this question op

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

My favorite episodes are the ones like The Jet-Pack episode and the Bone Wars, about two dudes in a niche field who have a minor dispute that leads to a growing life-long feud that continuously escalates in stupidity and pettiness.
The Truck Nutz one is the same kind of deal

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The truck nut wars one is amazing. Just a redneck feud over a niche.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Forceholy posted:

The truck nut wars one is amazing. Just a redneck feud over a niche.

Yeah, Truck Nuts is peak dollop. It was the first episode I ever listened to, and i still can't believe how that became a thing and the war over who created it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dimebags Brain posted:

If anyone else is interested in episodes like that The Actor Rivalry (#116) is incredible

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, Truck Nuts is peak dollop. It was the first episode I ever listened to, and i still can't believe how that became a thing and the war over who created it.

The thing I still don't understand is why neither of the competing products were called "truck nuts", because their actual names suck.

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
What I most love is that neither of them came up with the idea, they just copied some other rednecks who already had truck nuts.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
While we're talking about our favorite episodes, Otto in the Attic is a personal favorite of mine. Just a good old fashioned batshit insane story involving bologna, huge breasts, and murder

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The one about the secret US navy taskforce to root out homsexuals is one of my all time favorites.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Phillby posted:

The one about the secret US navy taskforce to root out homsexuals is one of my all time favorites.

which was that?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

which was that?

episode 56 - Newport Sex Scandal

the investigator's "notes" are loving hilarious.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

The second London live episode (The Rabbit Situation) just went up and it is, as Dave says, a little bit spicy. I highly recommend it.

Edit: and my long-time favourite is a tie between The Rube and 10 Cent Beer Night. The James Otis episode gets an honourable mention just for Gareth's reaction at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Alaois posted:

There were two, problem is the first one was made in 1908 and the other in 1965

Are you talking about the movie with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon for the 1965? Don’t get me wrong I love The Great Race, but I really think it could be described as “Inspired By” at best. I certainly don’t recall a giant pie fight in the Dollop version.

That being said, I think a movie that held close to the actual facts and people involved could be make a hilarious movie with the right cast and director.