Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Goons Are Great posted:

Feel absolutely free to post a picture or seven of chicks in cradle mode, you're a good mom

this is from a few days ago, i can't hold them in one hand anymore, but they still accept my hands as some sort of parental figure and as soon as i cup them they press their heads against my fingers and go to sleep

then they quiver delicately with bird dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fauna posted:

the big ones

they are all big

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

cinci zoo sniper posted:

they are all big
this is extremely untrue.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

which of these are small

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
They’re all Big starring Tom Hanks

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

cinci zoo sniper posted:

which of these are small
all three of those are adults. felafel, in the far back, is the rooster. the dark hen is frida quailo, who has one chick, friday; the yellow hen is hot chip, who has three powerful children that i can't tell apart yet, named qimmy, quiche and quetzacoatl. (i can tell which chick hatched from which egg laid by which hen because all eggs have a subtly individual shell pattern)

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Got a call from my mother in law a few days ago, asked if I would go hunting quail with my father in law if she got us a trip for Christmas. I've never hunted, I thought of avs... and said yeah okay I guess. Maybe we'll end up shooting each other in a karmic justice thing.

Was on a flight to Denver yesterday, sat in aisle seat next to AOC's boyfriend in middle and AOC in window seat. Just said "big fan, thank you for endorsing Bernie", they seemed very nice. My wife asked for a picture when we got off the plane and we got one with us and our kids.

Last night my dad told me what he remembered about his family, what everyone did, how everyone died etc. while I typed the gist in evernote. He's got COPD and hasn't moved to an O2 tank yet, but he has cans of oxygen like in spaceballs.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fauna posted:

all three of those are adults. felafel, in the far back, is the rooster. the dark hen is frida quailo, who has one chick, friday; the yellow hen is hot chip, who has three powerful children that i can't tell apart yet, named qimmy, quiche and quetzacoatl. (i can tell which chick hatched from which egg laid by which hen because all eggs have a subtly individual shell pattern)

:eyepop:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pangstrom posted:

Got a call from my mother in law a few days ago, asked if I would go hunting quail with my father in law if she got us a trip for Christmas. I've never hunted, I thought of avs... and said yeah okay I guess. Maybe we'll end up shooting each other in a karmic justice thing.

Was on a flight to Denver yesterday, sat in aisle seat next to AOC's boyfriend in middle and AOC in window seat. Just said "big fan, thank you for endorsing Bernie", they seemed very nice. My wife asked for a picture when we got off the plane and we got one with us and our kids.

Last night my dad told me what he remembered about his family, what everyone did, how everyone died etc. while I typed the gist in evernote. He's got COPD and hasn't moved to an O2 tank yet, but he has cans of oxygen like in spaceballs.

please don’t shoot your mil even if she is a bad person, also take care

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
oh I meant it would be accidental, I like both my mil and fil even though they listen to cable news all day long and their brains are kinda melted.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

fauna posted:

this is from a few days ago, i can't hold them in one hand anymore, but they still accept my hands as some sort of parental figure and as soon as i cup them they press their heads against my fingers and go to sleep

then they quiver delicately with bird dreams

I love them

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I spent ages looking at the big one in the background before I figured out the actual scale of the photo

“Wow is that how small pallets are in Australia?” I was thinking

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

They worship your hands as gods

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_Donald_Trump

credit where it's due

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

He is the chosen one.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

star wars is so good

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
avs, is it true all of the koala's are dead?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

For some reason they refuse to climb down from trees to escape the rampaging wildfires. :(

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

not as a species, but the north nsw population may not survive :(

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They found a 18 000 -year-old dog and named it Dogor.

e: That's not him, just read about it.

ee: Oh it's dead.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
fred trump gets merked in the newest watch men episode... it's good

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Koalas seem like one of those species that seem determined to give the middle finger to the concept of "not going extinct"

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Every dead koala is a terrible loss for the universe. :smith:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

while i do not condone any animals burning alive, weren’t koalas actually gross and kinda poo poo otherwise?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

while i do not condone any animals burning alive, weren’t koalas actually gross and kinda poo poo otherwise?

They're... animals. "Oh no these aren't the good animals these are the bad animals!" - Animal Sciencer

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

They're... animals. "Oh no these aren't the good animals these are the bad animals!" - Animal Sciencer

i dont equally care for cute animals ive never seen and not cute animals ive never seen, e.g. finnish mountain goats vs red pandas

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

There's specifically a charity that tries to raise funding and awareness for the uglier animals who deserve to not go extinct just as much as the cute ones.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i dont equally care for cute animals ive never seen and not cute animals ive never seen, e.g. finnish mountain goats vs red pandas

Yeah but why would you care if an animal is poo poo in Australia?

Tesseraction posted:

There's specifically a charity that tries to raise funding and awareness for the uglier animals who deserve to not go extinct just as much as the cute ones.

Yeah I make a deece six figgies off them.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah but why would you care if an animal is poo poo in Australia?

I wouldn’t particularly care much, I just would empathetically feel that it is a less terrible loss than that of an animal I find cute. That does not mean that I think they deserve to die or that no special efforts should be made to preserve them.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

in other words, i like animals i find cute more than those that i don’t. not really a rocket science

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Knives Out is very good I think

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

Knives Out is very good I think

Is it anything like that Cluedo movie?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is it anything like that Cluedo movie?

No, though there is a moment where a character looks at the house and compares it to the Clue house.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

No, though there is a moment where a character looks at the house and compares it to the Clue house.

Imagine if they'd commented on it having stairs instead :eyepoop:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh, and Daniel Craig plays a guy named Mr. Blanc

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i'm not a fan of this cut of silence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
It’s weird that people I don’t know @ me on twitter to ask that I ban forums superstars and actual famous people.

Like there might be merit to the request but it’s still weird