Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Oh god. Now I get to dread the rerun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got Nezha on JP and she owns. Best nuke.

Edit: Lol RBG sucks.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I want Circe, Nezha, and Sheba all real bad, but Melt Banner 2 is looming and we're not that far from catte alter so I may just have to place my hopes in the general pool for those I can.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i pulled mhx and now i have nothing to roll for until chiron who i can just ticket

the gacha spirit has left me and it's an odd feel

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Got some new spots.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Vengarr posted:

Didn't they change it on the rerun to be less grindy?

The Go West event was fine in NA. In JP DW had created it early on in FGO's life-cycle when they didn't know what they were doing but in NA the CEs gave a ton more currency drops. I didn't find it any more grindy than other events and the lite version will be even less grindy.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
After mostly finishing the event in Girls Frontline I figured I should really get around to finishing Shimousa, so just finished off the Rider/Zerker fight. Burned my Command seals, as I figured I would, but its done. The rest of the chapter looks a lot easier, Just throw Riders at the caster, ST Archers at the Saber and probably BB/Tamamo/Waver at the Avenger to just NP spam him to death. Am I missing a lot here? Because things look rather more simple from here on.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There's one fight in the endgame against a Saber boss that can be tricky but otherwise you're past the worst of it.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I didn't get Iskander...but I did get spooked by NP2 Waver instead. Which is just very funny to me honestly.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

HiKaizer posted:

I didn't get Iskander...but I did get spooked by NP2 Waver instead. Which is just very funny to me honestly.

"Sorry, I'm busy here and I can't come, have my tactician instead" - Iskander the Great

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
JP is live again.

Santa Nightingale is an AoE Quick Archer who is also Mary Poppins/Rambo.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

neither she nor astolfo are really friends of skadi, but hey at least they look cool and the event CE is the first ever good quick freebie

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This Christmas CM is extremely comfy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy20w72P_ek I had a hard time recognizing that thing Jalter is on until I realized that that's Darius, which is the first time I've seen Darius since Accel Zero Order.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Speaking of Jalter, I've been playing with the summon simulator and I think I might have a decent chance of getting her in January or whenever she's next rate up with 300 sq and 50 tix

This is totally how dumb random luck works.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 28, 2019

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Little Darius, Age 3. :3:

Nightingale: Now I have a machinegun, Ho-Ho-Ho

Looking foward to Salem, its really dumb that it has timelocks to keep you from just burning through the story immediately. If I want to trade apples for delicious plot, let me! :argh:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This is the first I hear of those, how many and how long are they?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

HGH posted:

This is the first I hear of those, how many and how long are they?

It spans a week, IIRC. With new chapters unlocking daily.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
so does saber astolfo have good NP gain?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

so does saber astolfo have good NP gain?

From what I can see so far it should be decent, two arts and quick cards with 3 hits each and a .52% NP gain should give pretty good NP gain. I haven't been able to see his skills yet though, so it might be better than I think.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Apparently, his first skill is a 3-turn NP charge that gives 10% per turn at level 1, and caps out at 20% per turn at level 10, so between 30-60% over three turns. 7/6/5 turn cooldown, and it also removes any debuffs he has when you use it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I did not get Bunnystolfo and also only 10 quartz compensation is some weak rear end poo poo!!!

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Astolfos NP gain is so bad that he’s at serious risk of not working with Skadi without life support and ending up unviable. He has advantages that MHXA, Diarmuid & Okita don’t have, but they also have real card performance.

There’s a chance he can find a way to sneak into viability but it’s looking like he’s nothing special, someone you should get just because you like Astolfo. Which isn’t a terrible thing, most servants fall into the “not special but worth it if you like them” category.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm sure he's fine if you just put him in chen gong system with double skadi waver bride ha ha

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Since I got a shiny new Skadi, how does the whole Skadi work?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Since I got a shiny new Skadi, how does the whole Skadi work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJluo6lJf3w

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Point two Skadi at your Skadi-Compatiable™ servant, load up on buffs and get them to 100% NP charge (via Kaleidoscope, usually) then NP. Refill them back up to 100% with a Skadi charge and repeat until all waves are dead.
That's it for wave farming, the only tricky part is learning the Skadi-Compatiable™ servants and what their minimum requirements are.

For boss killing there's a lot more leeway because brave chains give a lot more NP refund (which is why it's so sad that Astolfo still has trouble refunding in this enviroment) so you have more choice of CEs and support servants.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darox posted:

Point two Skadi at your Skadi-Compatiable™ servant, load up on buffs and get them to 100% NP charge (via Kaleidoscope, usually) then NP. Refill them back up to 100% with a Skadi charge and repeat until all waves are dead.
That's it for wave farming, the only tricky part is learning the Skadi-Compatiable™ servants and what their minimum requirements are.

For boss killing there's a lot more leeway because brave chains give a lot more NP refund (which is why it's so sad that Astolfo still has trouble refunding in this enviroment) so you have more choice of CEs and support servants.

I'm thinking of getting the Astolfo uniform that is now for sale using mana prisms. It'll mostly exhaust my remaining mana prisms, but I'm already pretty good on Fous (all my 5*s and most of my 4*'s and a couple good 3*'s are fully Fou'd) and my Astolfo is my only non-welfare NP5 SR so they beg to be used. Don't NP5 SR NPs generally do more damage than an equivalent NP1 SSR NP?

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Oh, I was referring to the new Saber Astolfo there.

Rider Astolfo works fine with the Skadi system, but he's kind of a hassle because he only works with a MLB Kaleidoscope and swapping in Waver which means it takes a lot more time to execute (and requires a lot more resources on your part). Rider Astolfo is just a useful farming rider in general though because he has a 50% charge so you don't even need Double Skadi to get use out of him.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Perfect

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Exia posted:

Perfect

I still see two 1000/2000

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

UchihaHirou posted:

I still see two 1000/2000

That's just because there hasn't been enough Gold Fou's for me to max everyone I want

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Perfect, I have Parvati, Atalante, Valkyrie, Lancelot, Marie, Fran, Astolfo and Lakshimbai. I even grailed Lakshmibai.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Decided to use my summon ticket stock to fish for Gil (or Okita). Got rainbows on the last ticket, and I guess I'm a mother now!

Honestly pretty happy with it. I love King Hassan but I've just seen friend Jacks do such stupid loving poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
https://www.twitter.com/fatego_usa/status/1200264235713871873?s=21

Login every day during December to get free stuff.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

On the first day of Christmas, my Pharaoh gave to me~

ONE RIIIDDERRR GEEEEEMMMM

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Darox posted:

Astolfos NP gain is so bad that he’s at serious risk of not working with Skadi without life support and ending up unviable. He has advantages that MHXA, Diarmuid & Okita don’t have, but they also have real card performance.

There’s a chance he can find a way to sneak into viability but it’s looking like he’s nothing special, someone you should get just because you like Astolfo. Which isn’t a terrible thing, most servants fall into the “not special but worth it if you like them” category.
There seems to be a setup with Summer BB that works, using NPQA chains to hit 80% and then his delayed battery rolls him over to 100%, while generating enough stars to crit even with the third card as Arts. The margins are awfully thin (the video's using Cute Orangette and dumping the Skadi batteries into him to get him started) and it requires a bit of card luck and setup, but it does work. I think people were trying to Quick Brave Chain and coming up short, but third card Arts crit is a pretty good amount of gauge for him. Since all his buffs last the full three turns, he has some pretty high potential output as long as he can hit Overgauge or something. Do have to be careful to generate enough stars though since his third skill increases his Buster starpull (and only his Buster starpull) for some ungodly reason.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

On the first day of Christmas, my Pharaoh gave to me~

ONE RIIIDDERRR GEEEEEMMMM

Not gonna lie, I wish they'd give a ton of blue gems.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

soon, lotto will be here

also we get four events with skill gem shops in the first half of next year!

e: hoping the advent calendar gives some stacks of special exchange tickets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Nakar posted:

since his third skill increases his Buster starpull (and only his Buster starpull) for some ungodly reason.

Evaporation of Sanity son.