Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Looking at the YouGov MRP, Chuka and Berger are both looking to lose their seats by a massive margin, and Swinson is in real danger too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Maugrim posted:

I'm way behind on the thread but gently caress you, cbeebies is a lifesaver for me as a parent and worth the licence fee on its own

Best source of news too.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Doccykins posted:

Just a reminder now that leaflets appear to be coming through at a higher rate:

Please photograph and upload any election leaflets/scare letters to https://electionleaflets.org/ so we can catalogue them

The real investigative journos do use them in their research to challenge candidates.

if there's suitable precedent and/or regulation for those "[constituency] Future" ones being explicitly dodgy, I know campaign peeps here wants to throw the kitchen sink at it and would be v grateful. i will pay you in shitposts.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

Looking at the YouGov MRP, Chuka and Berger are both looking to lose their seats by a massive margin, and Swinson is in real danger too.

Gonna look forward to Berger accusing Golders Green of being anti-Semitic.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

My old high school is on fire currently.

How come cool poo poo didnt happen when i was in high school

This reminds me when my 6th form art building caught fire and we didn't have to go for a few days, it ruled.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Honestly I’m kind of surprised there isn’t a collated resource of racist poo poo Boris has said. Since there are very clear examples all over the internet (as opposed to the general inability for anyone to point to specifics for Corbyn).

TheRat posted:

oh polls are good and cool and accurate again, got it

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

CyberPingu posted:

My old high school is on fire currently.

How come cool poo poo didnt happen when i was in high school

My school was torched by a ne'er-do well pupil and one of my most blessed memories is of my mum coming into my room in the morning, waking me up, me thinking i'd slept through my alarm, and her telling me sounding all sad that the place was burned and I didn't need to go in today or at all for several weeks till they arranged an alternative. Honestly slept the best I think I ever have till about midday.

Yes I know in retrospect this put a lot of pressure on my parents - both of them employed - and lost me a good bit of education but god drat if it wasn't incredible to my oblivious ~12 year old self.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

I think Boris has literally said every racism gleefully and pompously in print at some point. He is a golem powered by an ancient book of racist jokes. I don't think trying to keep people from finding this out is going to work :D

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mediaphage posted:

Honestly I’m kind of surprised there isn’t a collated resource of racist poo poo Boris has said. Since there are very clear examples all over the internet (as opposed to the general inability for anyone to point to specifics for Corbyn).

it's called literally all reporting about or by him

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol listening to Trash Future and they're reading the Lib Dem manifesto and when Riley reads "when the Lib Dems win a majority" and the whole pod burst into laughter

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

it's called literally all reporting about or by him

Sure, but there’s a difference I think in providing context about why something is racist for people who might not otherwise understand. Perhaps it would only ever be preaching to the choir, I dunno.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Guavanaut posted:

That's a bit of an insult to the Greatest Generation, many of whom, including both my grandads to differing degrees, were raised by single mothers due to that spat we had between 1914-18 and the resultant public health issues.

Will Johnson be apologizing to our veterans?

Johnson, who refuses to say how many children he has, attacked single mothers for “producing a generation of ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate children”, saying that social housing was an enticement for them to become pregnant.

"It's great!" he continued.

:mrapig:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol the DUP apparently think Joris's bridge idea is GRATE https://twitter.com/markdevenport/status/1200058411670523904

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

lol the DUP apparently think Joris's bridge idea is GRATE https://twitter.com/markdevenport/status/1200058411670523904

I’m only about half surprised Elon musk hasn’t volunteered to dig a tunnel

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

mediaphage posted:

He does not work with pedophiles.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tesseraction posted:

Remember that these were the same people who thought heating farm driveways and lanes was a good idea to throw £500 million at.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

mediaphage posted:

Too busy trying to swat whistleblowers

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

As I was scrolling the thread, Ben Bradshaw came round to canvas for Ben Bradshaw. I said I would be voting Labour and he said thank you very much and gave me a leaflet. Some here might say I should have pressed him about saying anti Corbyn stuff to the press over the last couple of years, but I have anxiety about talking anyway, and this cold I've had has made me all croaky. It's just as well for him that he didn't come round earlier in the week, I might have coughed my horrible disease all over him, that certainly wouldn't have been good for Labour.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

https://twitter.com/BrianReade/status/1200077647612694528

gently caress me I'd forgotten there even was a retrial. Nice to know nobody was criminally responsible for 96 deaths, thanks British justice system

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jollity Farm posted:

As I was scrolling the thread, Ben Bradshaw came round to canvas for Ben Bradshaw. I said I would be voting Labour and he said thank you very much and gave me a leaflet. Some here might say I should have pressed him about saying anti Corbyn stuff to the press over the last couple of years, but I have anxiety about talking anyway, and this cold I've had has made me all croaky. It's just as well for him that he didn't come round earlier in the week, I might have coughed my horrible disease all over him, that certainly wouldn't have been good for Labour.

I just like to think this happened to him so many times he's given up and just resigned himself to hearing they're voting Labour, thanking the person and handing them a leaflet then slinking off to the next house where it happens again.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Jollity Farm posted:

we have a little exeter goon contingent going on Monday to offer our services for canvassing / leafletting

get involved!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Tesseraction posted:

I just like to think this happened to him so many times he's given up and just resigned himself to hearing they're voting Labour, thanking the person and handing them a leaflet then slinking off to the next house where it happens again.

Confused dot com - I thought Bradshaw was standing as Labour candidate?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Confused dot com - I thought Bradshaw was standing as Labour candidate?

hahaha I confused him with that Tory vice-chair for youth

he's spent so long being JOROMY COBRON BAD I forgot he's nominally Labour

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ben Bradley, that's the one, the Tory

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Perhaps Tesseraction was suggesting that Bradshaw, as a Blairite remnant, wants to see Corbyn fail. He didn't seem like he did, I don't think he'd bother to come out door knocking himself if it was that. I mean, it's cold out. He also told me I have the same first name as his sister, and that it's "one of my favourite names", so he was friendly, he wasn't dismissive. It was me that was being rubbish tbh.

Edit: I have occasionally been confused to see Ben Bradley mentioned as a horrible racist or whatever kind of shitbag he was, before reading the thing again, so I understand the confusion :)

Jollity Farm fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 28, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Huh, Labour beat the Tories in fundraising for week two

488 u sey

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

VideoGames posted:

He does not work with pedophiles.

It'd put him on a bad footing with the public.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

Tesseraction posted:

Huh, Labour beat the Tories in fundraising for week two

488 u sey
That's even just donations over £7500 (which is probably large cash transfers from unions). I guarantee they blew the Tories out of the water if you account for the small donations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I looked it up, it's two donations from Unite - £3m and then a second donation of £8k... no idea why the smaller one.

£425k from the Communication Workers Union.

Finally two personal donations - £20k from a man named Tom Hearn, and £35k from Dale Vince via his company Ecotricity.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Yeah the union cash drop is nice. At least all the social media poo poo posting is properly funded.

To all the comrades who oscillate rapidly between hope and despair whenever a new poll drops, just remember this: Trump is coming to the UK next week.

There's nothing more likely to make people vote Labour than the orange one opening his big gob and saying "You should vote for my friend Boris. Great - Great man prime minister. We talk all the time. He's a funny, smart man"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

J_RBG posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianReade/status/1200077647612694528

gently caress me I'd forgotten there even was a retrial. Nice to know nobody was criminally responsible for 96 deaths, thanks British justice system

loving hell the judge in this trial told the jury to ignore the previous trials findings as irrelevant because this was criminal proceedings

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am curious how the trump visit is going to go, the press are gonna have to give him a big sloppy BJ because BJ is gonna have to be all cosy with him.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

OwlFancier posted:

I am curious how the trump visit is going to go, the press are gonna have to give him a big sloppy BJ because BJ is gonna have to be all cosy with him.

There will be some supposedly statesman like photos of them talking about*serious business* and a press confer ence where Trump will insist the US has no interest in interfering in the NHS. This will be a total lie but the newspapers will largely run with it and accept it at face value.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

:siren: EPISODE 18 PART 1 :siren:

That's right we're doing sequels now! Turns out people gushed about the labour manifesto for so long we had a 3 hour episode that needed to be chopped in half. First half out now for your listening pleasure!

e: gently caress I should probably include the link shouldn't I? This is what you get when you ask me to do things, Naptime!

Miftan fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 28, 2019

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Tesseraction posted:

I looked it up, it's two donations from Unite - £3m and then a second donation of £8k... no idea why the smaller one.

£425k from the Communication Workers Union.

Finally two personal donations - £20k from a man named Tom Hearn, and £35k from Dale Vince via his company Ecotricity.

Ah cool my electric company made a donation :)

E: that is, the company we buy our electric from, I am not Dale Vince and I do not claim my £5.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

team overhead smash posted:

There will be some supposedly statesman like photos of them talking about*serious business* and a press confer ence where Trump will insist the US has no interest in interfering in the NHS. This will be a total lie but the newspapers will largely run with it and accept it at face value.

Trump isn't capable of doing that he'll just start about death panels etc

Tories delenda est

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Looked it up and it seems Tom Hearn works at Nude Brand Creation who work on minimalist branding and packaging. Either that or he's a random party boi on Facebook.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

I've been meaning to volunteer for campaigning and the complete shitshow over the past few days has finally encouraged me to register, so now I'm gonna be knocking on doors. :holy:

I'm in Merseyside, if anyone else is in the North West - hopefully we'll be campaigning in Southport, West Wirral, and Crewe & Nantwich over the next two weeks. Also dropped a donation to the party.

Not going to let the Tories take this without a loving fight.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

UCU strike day 4 update: I petted at least 5 dogs at pickets today. Was also given a free sandwich.

I hear Warwick have taken special measures to ensure all pay deduction comes out of staff's Christmas pay packet :jerkbag:

& a nice endorsement:
https://twitter.com/MagicMagid/status/1200074908480548865?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

team overhead smash posted:

Poison Jam posted:

Trump isn't capable of doing that he'll just start about death panels etc

Tories delenda est

Yeah I'm not sure trump is capable of cooperating with johnson.