Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:trustme: If a player plays Star Citizen, they will lose sanity and possibly big amounts of money. Work around: Please avoid Star Citizen for now.

E: Taxxe

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Aramoro posted:

time to stop.

Thank you for sharing a $300 million disaster.

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019
Meanwhile NMS is killing it.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

echothreealpha posted:

Meanwhile NMS any other half-decent game is killing it.

FTFY

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Thank you for sharing a $300 million disaster.

Out of nowhere, I found out that this was roughly how much Evander Holyfield earned during his career.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hav posted:

Out of nowhere, I found out that this was roughly how much Evander Holyfield earned during his career.

But did Roberts get his ear bit off?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

skeletors_condom posted:

249 million euro = 275 million USD, no?

I am not running the contest, just doing it for fun.

ah i forgot that they were in USD. well i leave it to no_recall to decide if its in dollar or euro. afterall its only way how star citizen is meant to be played.

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 28, 2019

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Fidelity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waViZBJL6Xw

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

^^^ Goddamn is that a horribly unflattering way to show off your character model.

Does CIG have any in-game footage that isn't edited to hide the FPS drops? Do they have any gameplay at all that runs smooth because by all accounts its a reskinned Crysis?

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 28, 2019

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Foch, warn me before dropping that sonuvabitch on me :/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dark Off posted:

ah i forgot that they were in USD. well i leave it to no_recall to decide if its in dollar or euro. afterall its only how star citizen is meant to be played.

I would like to make a motion that VAT would be included.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Have they not heard of lip sync tech? Or is it currenently Tier 0?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's cool that CIG just really leaned into the "racist space alien tropes" thing by having the one set of aliens who aren't directly swiped from Chinese or Japanese culture do the "wacky Japanese tv commercial" thing.

Also FWIW I think the rocket launcher is being pushed out because it's the core of the "anti-vehicle" class for their new battlefield knockoff.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I Love Chocolate Elves: New Star Citizen Trailer Is All About Alien Ships as Crowdfunding Passes $146 Million posted:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Funny how they misspelled ripoff as hommage.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Good lord, it somehow keeps getting worse.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sandweed posted:

Lots of people did once it became clear that the Lord was blessed by god and challenging him was to challenge the Divine.

Yeah, so not for free.

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019

Beet Wagon posted:

It's cool that CIG just really leaned into the "racist space alien tropes" thing by having the one set of aliens who aren't directly swiped from Chinese or Japanese culture do the "wacky Japanese tv commercial" thing.

Also FWIW I think the rocket launcher is being pushed out because it's the core of the "anti-vehicle" class for their new battlefield knockoff.

Probably, like it would ever be ready. They can't even get throwing grenades right.

Watched the footage again and the grenade flew out after the throwing animation finishes. Not to mention how wonky the arc the grenade flies at looked.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I'm glad that SC's character animations are clearly superior to other current AAA games, such as... Oblivion, I guess?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Ambaire posted:

Ok, yeah, you're right, I was wrong, and I agree, Star Citizen is a loving hilarious trainwreck I can't look away from, and that glitzy 'we fixed head bobbing' video almost suckered me.

I've never spent any money on this stupid cultist simulator and I hopefully never will.

No Man's Sky is shaping up to be a drat decent planet explorer / base builder, anyway. Elite Dangerous is a bit too grindy and time consuming for my tastes.

Sorry if we came off rough friend. Welcome to the never ending hilarity which is SC.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

some guys on discord were asking how long until star citizen would charge for completely useless, non-functional, purely decorative things

oh to be so pure and innocent again.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Inacio posted:

some guys on discord were asking how long until star citizen would charge for completely useless, non-functional, purely decorative things

oh to be so pure and innocent again.

Is this still only for that single ship or did they actually make it work for at least one other ship?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

commando in tophat posted:

Is this still only for that single ship or did they actually make it work for at least one other ship?

What does your heart tell you?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Star Citizen is the most successful forum-based game that never was.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3RZ_Y7wJw

Well it impressed Twerk... interesting that Tony Z is clearly reading from a script. The end of free association *dreams.txt*?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jonny Shiloh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3RZ_Y7wJw

Well it impressed Twerk... interesting that Tony Z is clearly reading from a script. The end of free association *dreams.txt*?

“Changed gaming economics forever”… by implementing a pointless visualisation for an economy sim that games have been using for, what? A quarter of a century?

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Decrepus posted:

Star Citizen is the most successful forum-based game that never was.

It's a reality TV show that takes place 80% online and 20% IRL.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DigitalPenny posted:

Who is the this undercover shill? .. The real Beet would have played full burn during take off ... Or at the very least when in free falling to arc corp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFScbd4BtTI

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

please make this the thread title

also the fps counting down as you died was very bene

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 28, 2019

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:swoon:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

lol.

Time to break out the credit cards after that demo.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Colostomy Bag posted:

lol.

Time to break out the credit cards after that demo.

Credit cards? Just took out a HELOC on my house, GO BIG OR GO HOME BABY!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Come oooonnnn! Spend more you fuckers. I have a bet to win. Don't you love ships? Ain't Tony Z the smartest? Isn't Chris the one? Why won't you support them as they deserve?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

monkeytek posted:

Credit cards? Just took out a HELOC on my house, GO BIG OR GO HOME BABY!

I'm homeless because of this game you insensitive clod.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

commando in tophat posted:

As predicted at the time, it is for that ship only. Star Citizen is a series of single-serving demos designed to extract as much money as possible from idiots with goldfish memories

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
gosh when will this nightmare called star citizen be over.
i cannot take it anymore.
thinking about getting a lobotomy so i can forget all about this dumpster fire.

i desperately want to see the conclusion.

...but let me guess. the conclusion was pushed back to q3 2023.
goddamit chris!! get it over with already!

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Sandepande posted:

The Tools are the citizenry's Wunderwaffen.

Steiners SSOCS division will save CIG Frankfurt from destruction.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I stopped playing Warframe when I hit a bottleneck where I had to create a "lithos relic" or something to proceed. The game technically tells you how to do it but I didn't feel like using my brain for five seconds. Is this a common roadblock in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:five:

God drat this makes me want to buy in big!

Do they still have that $27,000.00 Legatus Pack?