Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
The final couple pages are definitely harder. Summarized up to that, chauffeur brings the three interns around (and has taped the front window Endeavor smashed together). Everyone busts out from the remaining intact windows in dynamic entry, while Ending starts kiling people for Endeavor taking so long. Bakugo snatches Natsuo, Shoto preps the big jet burst dad tries to teach him, Deku saves the civilians about to become collateral. Endeavor acts like proper dad for the first package and hugs his son, Shoto and Deku take off to apprehend the villain.

Next week should have payoff for some of the big beats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

UnderFreddy posted:

Does anybody have any idea what happened in that chapter? So confusing to read
It was pretty clear to me but the scan and cleaning were pretty poo poo

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I like how even when talking about not letting anyone die, Bakugou still manages to only look slightly less deranged than the actual villain.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The new volume 25 cover is sick.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

"I'm loving this poo poo!"

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I had to read this chapter twice, but only because I didn't realize that everything is meant to be happening nearly simultaneously. That was fantastic.

I kinda like utility whip Deku in action, kinda reminds me of Spiderman.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Shiggy goin' all "HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA"

I feel like this entire mini-arc will easily fit into one or two episodes, because this entire chapter would maybe take 1-2 minutes total

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

It seems like we're heading towards the final arc.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It'll be sad to see this go.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Air Force Deku owns

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

drat, it's ending already?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I hope that the same week Vigilantes ends, Crawler and Pop*Step both show up in MHA with their daughter to play with Eri

Actually, there are still some dangling threads to cover before the end, including why Knuckleduster is still semi-active, where Trigger comes from, etc. Hope they can clear that stuff up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think it gets lost a bit because it's not brought up much but Pop is a middle-schooler still and Koichi is in college. Koichi probably about 22, pop is probably 14 at the current time in the manga.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Fabricated posted:

I think it gets lost a bit because it's not brought up much but Pop is a middle-schooler still and Koichi is in college. Koichi probably about 22, pop is probably 14 at the current time in the manga.

Pop definitely wasn’t eleven when the manga started

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

She should be 17 or so if Koichi's a senior now.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Shere posted:

I had to read this chapter twice, but only because I didn't realize that everything is meant to be happening nearly simultaneously. That was fantastic.

I kinda like utility whip Deku in action, kinda reminds me of Spiderman.

It is extremely Spider-Man, I’m gonna laugh if all of One for All’s extra powers just make him more and more like Spidey

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm not sure since I read most of Vigilantes in like three sittings, but has there been a bit of a time skip in Vigilantes? I remember when knuckleduster left, they said he'd only been with our team for like three four months, and it doesn't seem like the captain celebrity plot etc has taken two and a half years.

There's definitely some loose threads though. Crawler's powers, what happened to knuckleduster, the villain factory, trigger, but that's all probably one arc I suppose. We could be in for another year or two just with that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Koichi was doing lowkey vigilante stuff on his own before he met Knuckleduster(back when all he did was pick up garbage and give directions and such), so he might be taking that into account when he says three years.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Mirage posted:

Actually, there are still some dangling threads to cover before the end, including why Knuckleduster is still semi-active,

Knuckleduster was active at the start because the drug dealer bee was using his daughter as a host. Currently he got involved because the main bad guy is an insane fan of the Hero he used to be and is using his old power, making him one of the better suited guys for fighting him.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

We represent the local cat cafe. :black101: Please stop causing problems in our neighborhood...or else...and you work for us now
I love that we kept all these mooks around.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
That first panel in page 5, dude's gotten pretty drat good at dodging.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dodging enemies much larger than he is, and casually talking while doing so...and he's named Crawler

...nah, nothing to interpret there, I'm sure

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

Dodging enemies much larger than he is, and casually talking while doing so...and he's named Crawler

...nah, nothing to interpret there, I'm sure

He's named Cruller, get it right.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

He's named Cruller, get it right.

You mean the Hauler, right?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I can't believe Koichi was Overhaul the whole time

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Koichi really destroys kindergartners? No dignity.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Funky Valentine posted:

Koichi really destroys kindergartners? No dignity.

I thought Eri was a preschooler...

Edit: I didn't wanna doublepost, but nobody posted after me, so I'll edit in the next Viz translation.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 25, 2019

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
With the Viz scan and translation I can actually tell what's going on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Caleb's commentary https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1198735538464772096

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Missed opportunity to call yourself the Road Warrior, dude

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Zomborgon posted:

Missed opportunity to call yourself the Road Warrior, dude

Roadkill seems more thematically appropriate

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh that's fascinating, I thought the guy just had the ability to manipulate paper for some reason.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Bro Dad posted:

Indeed!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Come to think of it, we haven't gotten an explanation of this guy's Quirk yet, have we?

Bro Dad posted:

:golfclap:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Come to think of it, we haven't gotten an explanation of this guy's Quirk yet, have we?
Not in like a textbox or anything, but from context and the official translator's breakdown it is rather obvious. I definitely thought it was just cloth at first too last week but there's very little uncertainty left now.

Stenis
Jun 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Am I the only one who can't tell what's happening in a lot of the fight scenes

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Stenis posted:

No, not even after reading those parts twice

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Stenis posted:

Not even a little bit! I'm bad at following manga action, so I just wait for th anime.

On that note, I'm looking forward to Mirio beating the poo poo out of Overhaul.

Stenis
Jun 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
*wide shot of a character dashing toward like, a crane or something, was there even one of those in this scene?*
*massive unidentifiable explosion*
*panel of someone's face but they're so sooty(?) and angry you can't tell who it is*
*picture of some random object next to a "snap" sound effect*
*Silent closeups of multiple characters looking dazed. This is probably really meaningful*
Deku: Can it... can it be!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I haven't had really any problems reading the action. Could use a few more pages to elaborate on what's happening though