Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why would anyone voluntarily listen to Enzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

a big fat bunny posted:

Encouraging people to listen to Enzo and Cass on a podcast should be probatable :colbert: . That's firmly in the "find a transcript" territory. Just like Graves giving his apology on his podcast. That's up on Fightful's site, by the way.

I don't think I've ever seen a lamer, more forced apology than this.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
RIP Rob

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a lamer, more forced apology than this.

It's not even a loving apology.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

alvarez: "rob if you throw up on air you're fired"

me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWn1odAk3IA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Producer Rob is the perfect kind of stupid, the kind that would eat a spicy chip on air BEFORE the christmas show.

(He's also actually very sweet and nice!)

There were points where Bryan was talking to him that sounded like he was talking to his 3-year-old daughter :3:

"You okay over there? You gonna throw up?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Second half of the Ny64 special and a special announcement about the future of the podcast at the end!

https://twitter.com/MonumentalPod/status/1199913432063107074

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

There were points where Bryan was talking to him that sounded like he was talking to his 3-year-old daughter :3:

"You okay over there? You gonna throw up?"
yeah there was a second where he was genuinely concerned and broke character, it was kinda sweet

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i only watch whatever they post on the youtube but bryan lamenting to the heavens about how stevie ray never learned how to work is some good poo poo

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
"A California Reaper?"

The bubble Bryan lives in it amazing sometimes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Meltzer can kiss my rear end... The Jericho celebration ruled.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I kinda can’t believe this keeps happening but Dave saying “they took it the wrong way because it was Jim Cornette and if anyone but Jim Cornette had said that it would’ve flown right under the radar” is some loving next level nonsense holy poo poo.

Like, holy poo poo.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave should stop talking about Cornette. He’s making it worse.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, Dave dancing around the Mauro/Graves issue in a very strange way before using it as an excuse to bring up the Cornette firing was bizarre

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

Yeah, Dave dancing around the Mauro/Graves issue in a very strange way before using it as an excuse to bring up the Cornette firing was bizarre
For the first part, Dave is iirc pretty friendly with Mauro or people close to him, so he probably knows way more about what’s going on than would be good for him to talk about.

He absolutely needs to shut the gently caress up about Cornette though

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

For the first part, Dave is iirc pretty friendly with Mauro or people close to him, so he probably knows way more about what’s going on than would be good for him to talk about.

He absolutely needs to shut the gently caress up about Cornette though

Oh yeah, it honestly seemed like he was trying to imply Graves had management's backing with the Mauro stuff. I just found it weird how he used that to go off on another Dave-style tangent about Cornette's enemies getting him fired.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i haven't listened to today's episode but dave seems extremely mad that cornette was fired while randy remains unpunished, failing to realize one incident was on a national "tv" show while the other person was drunk while streaming video games

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
To be fair, Randy should be fired because it would be extremely funny

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
randy being fired means theres a non-zero chance he goes to AEW and that is unacceptable

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

daves right that randy should face some consequence but his cornette takes are awful

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Excalibur: And The White Mamba takes out Cody with a vicious N-Bomb!
JR: Who is he? What's his motive?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I want this to be the worlds dumbest hill to die on for Meltzer as a side effect may be not having to hear him try and fail to justify how Randy should be in the hall of fame.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i haven't listened to today's episode but dave seems extremely mad that cornette was fired while randy remains unpunished, failing to realize one incident was on a national "tv" show while the other person was drunk while streaming video games

to be fair, video game streaming is a bigger industry than cosplay youtube wrestling shows

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
JR got in hot water over the use of 'oriental' over the summer, I'm curious to see if he'll have to make another apology here. I think it would be good if he did.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Keep digging Dave you're bound to pop out the other side eventually

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just dropped a rudocast episode in time for Turkey Day. We review AEW Dynamite and analyze the decline of ROH in 2019.
https://rudospodcast.co/episode-19-rudocast-thanksgiving-with-aew-dynamite-and-the-decline-of-roh/

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Meltzer going waaaaaaay out of his way to defend racism is certainly a thing.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it is not great

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's now gone from "what he said might've been racist" to "it was an innocuous comment".

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's boomers top to bottom. Starting to think wrestling journalism needs some younger and more inclusive voices than some old white dudes.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That's what Tights and Fights pitched themselves as and look at them

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, wrestlesplania is good for that but isn't hard news. Tights and Fights is fun but shallow as hell. They kind of just passivly watch WWE and AEW and talk about it.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Spikegal posted:

It's boomers top to bottom. Starting to think wrestling journalism needs some younger and more inclusive voices than some old white dudes.

but it's hard to stop things from being the way they have always been

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It never ceases to amaze me that white people, boomers in particular, think people being hurt by things they do are the problem and they're the real victims for having to face, not even real consequences, but just people telling them they did a bad thing, which they're sure they didn't, because they're good people and good people can't do bad things. So everybody rightly calling them out are liars just looking to be offended.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Spikegal posted:

spikegal give us the scoops

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Spikegal posted:

its not even boomers there is just no one really. its odd accounts on twitter scooping each other and the larger sites being pulled around by malicious sources and not wanting to burn bridges and being old af and plans change. The state of accountability and reporting in wrestling is horrible. imho and it kinda worries me but im a huge idiot (keep it up bix!)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

It never ceases to amaze me that white people, boomers in particular, think people being hurt by things they do are the problem and they're the real victims for having to face, not even real consequences, but just people telling them they did a bad thing, which they're sure they didn't, because they're good people and good people can't do bad things. So everybody rightly calling them out are liars just looking to be offended.

It's a fundamental misunderstanding of the impact of racism/sexism/etc from a place of privilege. If you're old and you've worked all your life losing your job is the worst thing ever, what's the harm in a few misplaced words, but they'll never understand that other races and genders can legitimately live in fear due to the way they're treated by society. I have no idea how to get this through their heads.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Raskolnikov38 posted:

dave's robot brain can't really think this way. He thinks "if they care about this one time, then why not also care about xyz, which were also a racism" and if they don't have equal punishments then its wrong

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dave shouldn't be mad about anyone being fired since cornette quit out of indignation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
bryan's new strategy of trying to limit Dave tangents by saying "we'll get to that later" is certainly ambitious