Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

I'm going to start working on openmw in my spare time and haven't played for years and my mod collection is even older, what are the essentials these days that work on openmw?

It's the op kept up to date with mods? Noticed the openmw list link is dead at least

There arent any notable openmw only mods and all of the good mwse mods arent compatible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Texture mods that have the "fake bump mapping" will show up as shiny pieces of poo poo in OpenMW. I highly suggest https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46221 this for a texture pack. It uses machine learning mumbo jumbo to increase the resolution of the original textures so it stays virtually 100% true to the original game

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Crow posted:

I'm going to start working on openmw in my spare time and haven't played for years and my mod collection is even older, what are the essentials these days that work on openmw?

It's the op kept up to date with mods? Noticed the openmw list link is dead at least

You can check here to see if a particular mod works or not
https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Mod_status

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

dude's kind of a dildo

also I like the weapon sheathing mod and I think that works with openmw

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

kazr posted:

Texture mods that have the "fake bump mapping" will show up as shiny pieces of poo poo in OpenMW. I highly suggest https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46221 this for a texture pack. It uses machine learning mumbo jumbo to increase the resolution of the original textures so it stays virtually 100% true to the original game

I can't download these in multiple browsers, choosing "Manual" just doesn't do anything. Is this happening to anyone else?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Node posted:

I can't download these in multiple browsers, choosing "Manual" just doesn't do anything. Is this happening to anyone else?

works fine to me

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Disable ad/pop-up/script blockers? Try a private window.

I know you need an account to download large files

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

kazr posted:

Disable ad/pop-up/script blockers? Try a private window.

I know you need an account to download large files

I was stupid and scrolled down to manually, uh, manually download the 4k texture pack. The button that simply says "Manual" which is next to the Vortex button didn't seem to do anything. Anyways, first world crisis averted.

I've been in the hospital for tons of the days the past few months and I'm considering starting up ol' Morrowind again to celebrate when I'm cured, or at least treated.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Node posted:

I was stupid and scrolled down to manually, uh, manually download the 4k texture pack. The button that simply says "Manual" which is next to the Vortex button didn't seem to do anything. Anyways, first world crisis averted.

I've been in the hospital for tons of the days the past few months and I'm considering starting up ol' Morrowind again to celebrate when I'm cured, or at least treated.

Outlander, there is no cure for corprus...

Sorry to hear that Node. Hoping everything goes well and you're out soon

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Node posted:

Alpha TR release very soon

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Alpha TR release very soon

have I been in a coma? is it 2030 CE?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Node posted:

have I been in a coma? is it 2030 CE?

There are two schools of thought

Edit: ah drat someone changed the link, the first one used to have dates on it going to up 2030. Aanthirin is almost out. And with it comes some new exteriors too, for the first time in a long time.

mbt fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 20, 2019

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

When we say Alpha, do we mean at least the complete landmass map to explore as well as some cities and buildings explorable and all that? I want that in me.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

When we say Alpha, do we mean at least the complete landmass map to explore as well as some cities and buildings explorable and all that? I want that in me.

We're talking the aanthirin release in the map above, alpha of finished product entering final playtesting and shipped.

The zone below it should have most of it included with exteriors and some interiors. That marks some of the first new exterior zones released in years. Those exteriors will also be released at the same time.

The area directly west of aanthirin is the next release area, and that's received a ton of significant changes. Many interiors and dungeons and npcs are already there. That will also be included with the release, and will enter focus after (full npc and questing).

The other zones south are waiting on finished assets. I would put money on the hlaalu lands finishing first over the dres, and the releases will probably diverge into hlaalu lands before redoran.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Looking forward to a complete and canon continent of Morrowind play through set in the 3rd era

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Also looking forward to dying alone, addicted to skooma in a shack located near Khuul

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

last friday I was discussing the use of mwse-lua for TR artifacts. due to how its written you can include optional overrides of vanilla scripts to make crazy stuff happen. someone else brought up that tes3mp had its own lua scripting and that potentially openmw might get its own third kind of scripting.

well, at the same time, a discord troublemaker was instigating between the generic morrowind modding discord and TR's, which got both communities lurking each other. the tes3mp dev read the conversation and said "oh i could add lua scripting to regular openmw."

after a huge back and forth unburning burnt-bridges between openmw and mwse-lua, the mwse-lua dev and the tes3mp dev are now working together on adding fully compatible mwse-(esque) lua to openmw

it is the least amount of work i have ever done on a friday and potentially the biggest new development in mw history this year lol

mbt fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 24, 2019

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
please don't fight, morrowfriends

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Node posted:

please don't fight, morrowfriends

Good news is it sounds like precisely the opposite happened!

I'm definitely going to steal "un-burning burnt bridges," though

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Well I'll be cornswaggled

Orv
May 4, 2011
That's weird, Christmas isn't for another month.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hideo Kojima has finally taught gamers how to build bridges with one another. Thank you Hideo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Hideo Kojima has finally taught gamers how to build bridges with one another. Thank you Hideo

Dearest Hideo,

Thank you for uniting the community once more. All of us sincerely regret our words and deeds.

With love,

- Gamers

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

last friday I was discussing the use of mwse-lua for TR artifacts. due to how its written you can include optional overrides of vanilla scripts to make crazy stuff happen. someone else brought up that tes3mp had its own lua scripting and that potentially openmw might get its own third kind of scripting.

well, at the same time, a discord troublemaker was instigating between the generic morrowind modding discord and TR's, which got both communities lurking each other. the tes3mp dev read the conversation and said "oh i could add lua scripting to regular openmw."

after a huge back and forth unburning burnt-bridges between openmw and mwse-lua, the mwse-lua dev and the tes3mp dev are now working together on adding fully compatible mwse-(esque) lua to openmw

it is the least amount of work i have ever done on a friday and potentially the biggest new development in mw history this year lol
I was there too!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving n'wahs. Hope your ash yams are bountiful

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Thanksgiving is a festival of the outlander colonists. The only dunmer who would celebrate it are the hlaalu collaborators

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Soricidus posted:

Thanksgiving is a festival of the outlander colonists. The only dunmer who would celebrate it are the hlaalu collaborators

you're drat right. cheers

Orv
May 4, 2011
Gonna collaborate the poo poo outta some zucchini bread, s'wits.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

A round of mazte for everyone!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Aunt Felisa’s complaining about the lizards again :rolleyes:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
drat, we completely burnt the guar. It's ruined!

Come on family, get dressed. We're going out to eat.

*Goes to only place open, Cauis Calocadus Callofloupus' foriegn eatery*

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
summoned by a mother, turkey again

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Our stuffing is yours, friends.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
welcome, friend, the day is yours. now, let’s talk about when you’re going to settle down and have kids

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
We make a special dish for you, vegan, same low price

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The blue plates are nice, but the brown ones seem to last longer.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to poo poo on the floor

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm going to poo poo on the floor

...where is that poster... these boots are ruined...

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Has anyone here tried 4NM's Magic Mod? (https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47095?tab=description)

Without knowing much about it or the author, I'd say it looks like the kind of thing that's likely to lead to lots of instability and bugs, although a lot of the ideas are interesting (non-linear resistance curves, spell strength increasing as a function of willpower etc ...)

The documentation isn't great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Entropy238 posted:

The documentation isn't great.

this kills mods for me. If you don't give me information on everything your mod does in some location I can find without pulling it up in the CS, in case I have to troubleshoot it or make sure it's not conflicting with anything else, I can't ever justify using it.