Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/world/hong-kong-police-abusing-power-says-detainee-5rnn7jhjh

quote:

...they were subject to “torrents” of abuse, with an officer making racial and sexual slurs in Cantonese. “You can use your imagination,” he said.

At one stage he heard “howls of pain” from behind a curtained off area near by. “It was kind of chilling, and the incident went on for about five minutes,” Mr Godden said. He suspected that officers were pinning a detainee against a metal shutter. “The amount of violence and the physical noise of struggle caused great concern,” he added...

Moola fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Grimdude posted:

I tried the range quest for nazeebo at lvl 1 (thing of the deep) and it was pretty fun. Just gotta be good at getting minion stacks quickly. In other words, be good at nazeebo.

I heard he wasn't very good currently, but since most games are people feeding and then multiple lanes needing clearing I find it works out well.

Seriously, play a hero with wave clear. Always. It's the best way to "carry."

I've started playing fenix recently, and doing his auto attack build on icy veins. His waveclear is pretty decent, and then when needed for an actual teamfight, he shits out surprisingly good damage.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

hong kong isnt free and yall playing hots smdh

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

CoDMW2-boycott-steamgroup.jpg

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

gently caress this, not worth it.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 27, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Haha gently caress off

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Tatsuta Age posted:

Actually I never stopped and think not playing a video game is just about the dumbest thing I can think of to actually make a stand on such things.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

Actually I never stopped and think not playing a video game is just about the dumbest thing I can think of to actually make a stand on such things.

You have doomed Hong Kong

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Blizz uses metrics of engagement so you playing supports them even if you don't give them money

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
We're Weekend at Bernie's-ing a dead game at this point, if anything. The numbers are terrible. I don't think anything, let alone playing it sporadically and without paying, is going to raise it any further than the level it's on now. Does me saying this mean I love bootlicking? No (I'll bet I'm somehow wrong). I've sworn off paying anything for any product AB makes forever unless they're somehow actually taking steps to rectify the slop they've clumsily yet purposefully stepped into. If you can make a good case for how blizzard makes a measurable sum off of me doing a ranked a game every blue moon I'd be happy to reconsider.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
De-install all Blizzard games

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
No I don't think I will.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I watched the Deathwing trailer and I thought the dude who did the voice overs (Kevin wasn't it?) left for bigger and brighter things?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

He did, but they called him in just to do the Deathwing spotlight.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
He’s also in the Mengsk spotlight for SC2. Maybe these were recorded a long time ago because they’re such iconic characters, but...

(gently caress China)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Shadowlyger posted:

No I don't think I will.

Agreed.

Delete your Blizzard account instead friend

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I started dating a really cool girl recently and I went back to her place to discover a bunch of hots toys in her closet

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm sorry for your loss :(

I also have a Grom action figure

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I see most of the new posts since the other day are people claiming superiority by not playing an already dead rear end game.

They already know people are pissed at them, they gave a half-assed apology at the start of Blizzcon. You posting about not playing their dead game in these dead forums doesn't mean poo poo. Just stop visiting this thread or the entire subforum for that matter.

Now experience globes, that's something I'd talk about. My impression is that it's basically an all around buff for melee heroes and a nerf for ranged ones. Imagine now having to run into the middle of the lane to get experience as loving Hanzo or like Kael'thas. I guess Ragnaros' lava wave will grab globes but I don't know about Azmodan's Q or other long range abilities that kill minions. Whole thing seems dumb.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Bogart posted:

He’s also in the Mengsk spotlight for SC2. Maybe these were recorded a long time ago because they’re such iconic characters, but...

(gently caress China)

He was also part of the announce team covering the SC2 finals at Blizzcon.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Grimdude posted:

I see most of the new posts since the other day are people claiming superiority by not playing an already dead rear end game.

They already know people are pissed at them, they gave a half-assed apology at the start of Blizzcon. You posting about not playing their dead game in these dead forums doesn't mean poo poo. Just stop visiting this thread or the entire subforum for that matter.

Now experience globes, that's something I'd talk about. My impression is that it's basically an all around buff for melee heroes and a nerf for ranged ones. Imagine now having to run into the middle of the lane to get experience as loving Hanzo or like Kael'thas. I guess Ragnaros' lava wave will grab globes but I don't know about Azmodan's Q or other long range abilities that kill minions. Whole thing seems dumb.

Sorry bud this is the Free Hong Kong subforum

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Grimdude posted:

You're not my dad

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

fyallm posted:

I've started playing fenix recently, and doing his auto attack build on icy veins. His waveclear is pretty decent, and then when needed for an actual teamfight, he shits out surprisingly good damage.

Yeah fenix can 1v1 quitte à few heroes with ease. Valla for sure you can just take out.

There’s a w-cancel trick that lets you get a little more dps out of the w that works well with the lvl 1 stutter step talent and the press 1 for more damage talent.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Tatsuta Age posted:

this is why i raise hong kong awareness in every match i play.

dicks out for hong kong.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Grimdude posted:

I’d like a number 5 with extra cheese, hold the onion.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Moola posted:

Agreed.

Delete your Blizzard account instead friend

No, I don't think I will do that either.

Bogart posted:

(gently caress China)

He confirmed on Twitter that they called him in for this one. Dunno about Mengsk.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Shadowlyger posted:

No, I don't think I will do that either.

I think wiping your hard drive is a little too far tbh

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Well I AM getting a new computer.

Which I will be transferring WoW and HotS to.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
buying a new computer to then transfer hots and wow to and then trashing the computer is a pretty ballsy move

And I salute you for it!

Moola fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 28, 2019

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

I will not stop playing a game over something happening in China, sorry.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Shadowlyger posted:

I will not stop playing a game over something happening in China, sorry.

y'all mind if i prioritize my dying moba over human rights violations

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

They're not mutually exclusive.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
It's cool some of you are so passionate about the Hong Kong thing, more power to you, but you accomplish literally nothing by your repeat posting of memes and such here on the SA forums, what have you done outside these forums in protest of China?

Curious, did you delete your Blizzard accounts Moola & Bogart? Why not show us all how serious you are with a picture of said deleted account, email confirmation, etc. Telling others to do so is easy, but tells Blizzard nothing. Kinda hard to take you guys seriously when you can't put your money where your mouth is.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I did. Also, I don't owe you anything lmao

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
lmao, all talk no action, lmao

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

hmm hk would be free if only forums user appropriate metaphor had deleted his bliz account.

sorry hk'ers gotta log in and dunk on some n00bs

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
true comrades play HotS but ruin every game they're in, thereby encouraging more people to quit than simply quitting themselves would

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
are the other blizz threads like this, or is it just people strategically sacrificing this old dead game for good feelies?

real talk, these XP globes are going to be a disaster. randos don't even pick up health globes, much less XP I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
How are they gonna work?