Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Does the thread really need to turn into this poo poo every few days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Okay, I’ll fix that. It’s confusing to me because it started as a prefix and now it’s a separate word, but I’ll go edit.

No worries! Trans terminology is like a loving rocket still.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
If a cisperson has an injury, genetic condition, or any other number of variables that can cause their sin zone to appear differently than a potential sexual partner might initially suspect, when are they required to inform said partner and am I still legally allowed to do violence to their body?

Acute Grill has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Nov 29, 2019

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Acute Grill posted:

If a cisperson has an injury, genetic condition, or any other number of variables that can cause their sin zone to appear differently than a potential sexual partner might initially suspect, when are they required to inform said partner and am I still legally allowed to do violent to their body?

can you imagine the yelling if circumcision was a legal defense for violence

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I can imagine the yelling if that motherfucker from the last page had to live a life like ours for a while.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

eating only apples posted:

I feel like I should post this shocking, horrible, terrible article.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/nov/23/blind-date-jen-anna-glasses-fog-up

Turns out... oh. They had a perfectly nice evening and said lovely things about each other afterwards. How... awful. :geno:

the thing is, no mainstream trans folk talk about the "cotton ceiling" being an actual thing, it's entirely a fringe idea that anti-trans bigots seized on as evidence that transfolk are sexually predacious.

if they were coming from honest intentions, they'd talk about transphobia in dating, and how bio-essentialist the public perception of "lesbian" is. (ani difranco dating a subaru. (the actual answer is the public perception of a lesbian is a cis woman who dates only other cis women.))

kind of like the phrase "black on black violence" is a dogwhistle for white supremacists in a way that "poor on poor violence" never is.

the fact that their bad intentions didn't play out like they wanted is a big relief.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Acute Grill posted:

If a cisperson has an injury, genetic condition, or any other number of variables that can cause their sin zone to appear differently than a potential sexual partner might initially suspect, when are they required to inform said partner and am I still legally allowed to do violence to their body?

I mean if you a micropenis haver put in your tinder you have a 12 inch dick then probably asap

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Any cisman with a dong smaller than average has to register with the government and inform everyone he meets or he is legally required to be hunted for sport.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

fisting by many posted:

you only care to date someone if you're eventually getting sex.

I'm going to confess that I thought that was the whole purpose of dating, like, that's the intent that separates it from just hanging out with friends or meeting new people.

Which absolutely does not condone bigoted violence, before I get accused of that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, that is obviously the whole purpose of dating.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Acute Grill posted:

Any cisman with a dong smaller than average has to register with the government and inform everyone he meets or he is legally required to be hunted for sport.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I mean if you a micropenis haver put in your tinder you have a 12 inch dick then probably asap

I'm a woman with a micropenis, call me.

(Don't actually sex gets in the way of my posting career)

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

It depends on the person, but i'd say its one of the purposes of dating. Not the only one.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Byzantine posted:

I'm going to confess that I thought that was the whole purpose of dating, like, that's the intent that separates it from just hanging out with friends or meeting new people.

Which absolutely does not condone bigoted violence, before I get accused of that.

Sex is a part of relationships, sure, but there's a lot more to it than that, and there's intimacy besides sex. A potential partner's body doesn't need to be the first topic of conversation.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Acute Grill posted:

Do you have a link to the form? Is it online?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Trans women are just women and I can tell that by the fact that none of them will date me.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Smackdillion posted:

So it's the cis persons fault for their reaction (if it's negative) when you inform them that despite all outward appearances, you aren't what you appear to be. And that deception from the jump, in your view, is the most appropriate way forward.

Got it. Totally reasonable.

lol lets ignore your transphobia for a moment. Who the gently caress else is responsible for your reactions?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Trans women are just women and I can tell that by the fact that none of them will date me.

Have you considered screaming demands at them to reveal their private(s) information before the apterifs are served

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Honestly I'm glad anyone is tolerating my dumb rear end enough to go on a date with me, whether they tell me they are trans now or later is irrelevant

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

The best thing about all these clever boomer comebacks is they can be just as easily dismissed with “ok boomer”.

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts
So I'm the only one who thinks it's inappropriate to not be up front with the fact that you are trans if you are on a blind date with someone you may become intimate with / may develop feelings for you based on the assumption that what they have seen with their eyes and the manner in which you've acted has led them to believe that you have a penis or vagina?

really?

I guess I'm just an rear end in a top hat, but that seems like a lovely thing to do.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Smackdillion posted:

So I'm the only one who thinks it's inappropriate to not be up front with the fact that you are trans if you are on a blind date with someone you may become intimate with / may develop feelings for you based on the assumption that what they have seen with their eyes and the manner in which you've acted has led them to believe that you have a penis or vagina?

really?

I guess I'm just an rear end in a top hat, but that seems like a lovely thing to do.

dig up

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

EL BROMANCE posted:

Does the thread really need to turn into this poo poo every few days?

This thread derails every other day. That's one of the reasons I have it bookmarked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Smackdillion posted:

really?

Do you hear that? it's the sound of no one disagreeing with you.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Smackdillion posted:

So I'm the only

OK boomer

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Smackdillion posted:

really?

Having seen very few people naked, I don't have a data set large enough to come to any reasonable conclusions either way. Really, the only reasonable conclusion is that they'll throw a shoe at me if I look at them while naked.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Smackdillion posted:

I guess I'm just an rear end in a top hat

I'd use stronger language but you're not wrong.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Smackdillion posted:

really?

buddy, you don't have to worry about going on any surprise dates with trans folk. it's not going to be a factor in your life. chill.

also, sex in trans relationships doesn't work like sex in cis relationships. in trans relationships, one of you wears cat ears and podcasts about harry potter loving young lenin and the other programs baby-seeking missiles for Raytheon. That's how trans folk have sex. I think trans men have something special they do with kettlebells but they're reluctant to share secrets with a gaijin like me.

PHIZ KALIFA has a new favorite as of 05:51 on Nov 29, 2019

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Smackdillion posted:

really?

You're not the only one. There are, regrettably, many people who share your opinions.

There are a lot of reasons you are wrong, but one of the simplest is that a relationship between two people can fail to spark for many reasons. It could happen on the first date or the second or the fifth, and it could be for reasons entirely unrelated to genitals. If you are a person whose identity may put them in danger, maybe you wait until you feel safe disclosing that identity to make sure that the relationship isn't going to fizzle out before you reach that point anyway.

But also, maybe take a moment to examine why you are using language like "lead someone to believe you have a penis or vagina". Do you think trans people are being misleading? Do you want to fill in the blank from your earlier post?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
nonbinary people gently caress by finding some cats and petting the cats and singing little songs about the cats they are petting as they pet them, in the style of the singing Belcher Boy from Robert's Burgers, an animated television sitcom of some humorous merit.

edit- i want to say, his name is Eugene?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

zoux posted:

It's unreal to me how insulted they get by OK boomer, it's so drat mild

I got to explain the meme to my boomer mom over Thanksgiving. She'd seen people complaining about it it on facebook but had no idea what it meant. Once she understood what her FB friends were getting butthurt about, she told me they probably deserved it.

My mom's a good egg. :unsmith: I'll miss her when the Millennial Death Squads guillotine everyone over the age of 60.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm cis and that's not how I gently caress, that's just how I live every day of my life. Have I been sending the wrong signals to my enby friends?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Smackdillion posted:

I'm just an rear end in a top hat

Just say what you really think about trans people already.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Smackdillion posted:

really?

Maybe you should try being up front about your genital preferences? Start off every date with "Hi, I'm Smackdillion, and I'm not going to gently caress you if you have a dick." I'm sure it will go well for you!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Acute Grill posted:

God dammit

I'mma need a head start

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I honestly believe the vast majority of problems in Western democracies could be solved if we just didn't let people over the age of 50 vote.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Byzantine posted:

Hey, you know how messed up is for us aces when it comes to dating? It's bad because of that thinking. Getting coerced in to an activity you dont enjoy or care about because is "what is expected" by your date/partner is sooo hosed up.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/geekylonglegs/status/1199068257925435394?s=20

No so much idiots as much as embarrassment, but I guess be thankful these aren't your families.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lol just lol at anyone who's seriously like "gotta be up front about your bits up front" like they're some kinda casanovas that always get laid on the first date, or ever

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

..ani difranco dating a subaru...

What's this all about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

sick of Applebees posted:

What's this all about?

Ani di franco and subarus are bothered stereotypical things for lesbians to like.