Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Midig posted:

Problem isn't balance, it is making stuff both balanced and fun, both to play and I guess to a lesser extent, to watch. Also each champion has to be unique and have a special niche, if that niche is not strong enough it becomes a generic champ that does 4 things different things when they press buttons, so for example to have an assassin that cannot KO someone fast, you wont feel like you are playing an assassin. I think this video does a great job of explaining this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsC8io4w1sY

you get into a stupid arms race if you try and do this in such a huge ecosystem as league. if you can nerf 5 characters or buff 10, then you need to address the other 150 characters that are now behind as well. its faster and easier to adjust the 5 instead of the remainder.

especially when a 'nerf' as far as riot games is concerned is making a 35% slow a 33.3% slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

this matchmaking is loving normal

(we won, eat poo poo fwii)

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Servaetes posted:

(we won, eat poo poo fwii)
Sounds like it's working pretty well then?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
yeah honestly thats a pretty good match

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

it was really goddamn hard!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
What app/site is that that gives you those stats?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

fwii is known as being super ragey and also having said racist poo poo so you go girl

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

and now I have former rank 1 NA sophist sage and his mid duo smurfing on my team :\

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
So what's the opinion on the new Omnistone rune? I totally forgot it replaced Kleptomancy so I'm currently playing Illaoi with it :downs:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

pahuyuth posted:

So what's the opinion on the new Omnistone rune? I totally forgot it replaced Kleptomancy so I'm currently playing Illaoi with it :downs:

It's loving poo poo lol

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It clearly exists because they wanted to completely remove Klepto but didn't want to leave inspiration with only two keystones, so they did something that requires minimal time and effort on their part.

I don't understand why anyone would use it. Even the ones that can use most/all of the keystones would probably be better served just by picking one and sticking to it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

And we stomped, our mid and adc were up like 100cs at 20 minutes

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

It's loving poo poo lol

Pretty much. I've tried it a few times, you really need to be playing someone who can proc stuff easy. The only real strength I can see is the low cooldown (7s for melee) but as mentioned it's probably better to take what you normally would anyway

E: the 2 games where I had success with it were easy matchups (Darius into cho, gnar into trynd) and I would've stomped lane regardless. Plus taking a normal keystone would've been better for the transition to mid-late, its impossible to keep track of what keystone you have in the thick of a teamfight

el dingo fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 29, 2019

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Like, you can have one rune, or you can have that rune plus all these other ones you don't want or need, and can't control! Plus you're locked into the Inspiration tree, which isn't the worst thing per se, but it just kinda spreads yourself even thinner as it doesn't really improve your offensive capabilities at all which you'd want to proc all these goddamn runes. It's like some Magic the Gathering poo poo; more colors and a bigger deck is better, right??? :downs:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

The number sites are showing, though with low % of games used, it works best on characters that have a combination of:

Tanky
Has sustained damage
Weaves in lots of autos.
And most importantly, has multiple keystones that are viable for them and aren't pigeonholed into a single choice.

So champs like Ornn, Sion, Poppy, Cho'gath, even Kayle all show positive winrates with Omnistone, if you are playing something that makes full use of conqueror or whose gameplan is to blow someone up in under 5 seconds, why would you even consider using Omnistone on it?

Gonna take awhile for people to catch onto that I think since they are used to klepto working on a entirely different type of character for the most part and Omnistone is going to be even more niche then klepto was.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 29, 2019

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Uggggghhhh god yes

I beat some Kaisa jungle player while I was filling with Volibear jungle and all I say is "lol" as their nexus explodes

He then spams his twitch.tv link in the post game chat and he starts going off about how I picked a braindead champ, have no game sense, terrible sense, 400 games plat, his top laner was trolling, his midlaner needs to stop playing, and then immediately he shuts down his 1 viewer stream

Watching ragers lose their poo poo is like my manna from heaven

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Midig posted:

Problem isn't balance, it is making stuff both balanced and fun, both to play and I guess to a lesser extent, to watch. Also each champion has to be unique and have a special niche, if that niche is not strong enough it becomes a generic champ that does 4 things different things when they press buttons, so for example to have an assassin that cannot KO someone fast, you wont feel like you are playing an assassin. I think this video does a great job of explaining this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsC8io4w1sY

core a gaming is a joy to watch but this is for fighting games, which have a totally different balance requirement than a 5v5 game with a giant roster of characters who interact with each other. it was mentioned earlier how unbalanceable that is, but we can also look to the metagolem era to see the problem with buff forward design in hon-clones.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Shen with shield bash seems really good right now for some reason. Means you lose the demolish rune but it seems to play a lot like his old ki strike passive.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hi, my account got hacked by a russian dude and then banned. Anyway to actually get it back or am I hosed?

yeah I havent played the game in ages but still

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

Hi, my account got hacked by a russian dude and then banned. Anyway to actually get it back or am I hosed?

yeah I havent played the game in ages but still

Contact support and see what they can do. If you ever purchased RP on that account, you can at least verify that you're the original owner via the receipt or credit card information.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Send a ticket to riot support, they’re usually pretty good about knowing that after years for some reason you logged in from somewhere in Russia and then back in your home town again

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Well I send a ticket and they still havent replied so that's kinda a bummer.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

pahuyuth posted:

Queue five stack in ARAM, everybody take Omnistone.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

and now I have former rank 1 NA sophist sage and his mid duo smurfing on my team :\

What website/app is this?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

Well I send a ticket and they still havent replied so that's kinda a bummer.

Keep in mind that yesterday was Thanksgiving in the States, so support services have likely been understaffed, if operational at all.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Hellioning posted:

What website/app is this?

porofessor

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Vermain posted:

Keep in mind that yesterday was Thanksgiving in the States, so support services have likely been understaffed, if operational at all.

To boot on top of that there's the gigantic snafu with the account name thing where if you had a PBE account with the same name as your primary account, it demands you change your name. So there's a ton of tickets up, I'd bet.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Anyone know of a site that tells you your stats across many games? For example - CS at 10 minutes? I know op.gg will tell you these things but you have to manually open each game in your match history to see the stats.

If such a thing doesn't exist, I was thinking of building it. Already started playing around with the League API.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Mobalytics is pretty good iirc

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

huhu posted:

Anyone know of a site that tells you your stats across many games? For example - CS at 10 minutes? I know op.gg will tell you these things but you have to manually open each game in your match history to see the stats.

If such a thing doesn't exist, I was thinking of building it. Already started playing around with the League API.

Not sure if it has what you are looking for but I think blitz has this thing.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

are any ryze pickers willing to out themselves publicly to answer the simple question: why?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Wangsbig posted:

are any ryze pickers willing to out themselves publicly to answer the simple question: why?

champ owns, send tweet

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
for like ADC people I'm not sure if I"m using fleet footwork right, I see that most people take it on Caitlyn but like

is it so that you can kite in teamfights better? or like in lane am I supposed to be proccing it on a minion then using the boost to walk up and shoot someone while they CS and get away, or should I be trying to proc it on the actual opponents so I get the full heal and THEN using the move speed to walk away?

I noticed that taking lethal tempo is definitely a minority choice but at least with that I know what to do with it (shoot mans) and I've found it to be real good in terms of like sometimes you can Q opponents and then use the attack speed boost to finish off a dragon or tower or something real fast

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

for like ADC people I'm not sure if I"m using fleet footwork right, I see that most people take it on Caitlyn but like

is it so that you can kite in teamfights better? or like in lane am I supposed to be proccing it on a minion then using the boost to walk up and shoot someone while they CS and get away, or should I be trying to proc it on the actual opponents so I get the full heal and THEN using the move speed to walk away?

I noticed that taking lethal tempo is definitely a minority choice but at least with that I know what to do with it (shoot mans) and I've found it to be real good in terms of like sometimes you can Q opponents and then use the attack speed boost to finish off a dragon or tower or something real fast

first, consider that movespeed is the most powerful stat in league of legends. ask yourself how often you see games where players do not have boots. next, fleet footwork provides three things - movespeed, burst damage, and sustain. the damage is not life changing, but getting procs and using move speed to escape and get some hp boosts, that is extremely good. it helps you win trades extremely hard in lane. since caitlyn is all about having powerful trades, this is very valuable.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

pog boyfriend posted:

first, consider that movespeed is the most powerful stat in league of legends. ask yourself how often you see games where players do not have boots. next, fleet footwork provides three things - movespeed, burst damage, and sustain. the damage is not life changing, but getting procs and using move speed to escape and get some hp boosts, that is extremely good. it helps you win trades extremely hard in lane. since caitlyn is all about having powerful trades, this is very valuable.

not to be super nitpicky but it doesn't actually do any damage

and yeah I mean I know it provides move speed I'm just asking like on a micro level how exactly am I supposed to be using it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

not to be super nitpicky but it doesn't actually do any damage

and yeah I mean I know it provides move speed I'm just asking like on a micro level how exactly am I supposed to be using it

i meant burst damage in the form of dealing damage and getting a free trade and leaving, but in retrospect that was absolutely not clear at all. your goal is to attack the enemy when they go in for a last hit when you have fleet footwork up, and as they are working through their auto attack, use your movespeed to get away so they are unable to retaliate. if you can coordinate that with a headshot you are eating chicken

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

People take it for the healing hth

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Wangsbig posted:

Now spell flux spreads automatically he is hilariously easy to play in a big teamfight and does ridiculous damage.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

People take it for the healing hth

Yeah so in that case should I be like trying to hit opponents with it?

Cause on minions it heals for like literally 2-3 HP every time it's up which doesn't seem like a lot in lane but I suppose it adds up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

pog boyfriend posted:

i meant burst damage in the form of dealing damage and getting a free trade and leaving, but in retrospect that was absolutely not clear at all. your goal is to attack the enemy when they go in for a last hit when you have fleet footwork up, and as they are working through their auto attack, use your movespeed to get away so they are unable to retaliate. if you can coordinate that with a headshot you are eating chicken

i want steak