Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Stravag posted:

So this doesnt sound like a good thing but I swear it is. Tonight Kedah decided she was ready for bed and i was still loving around so she went into the bedroom and stayed there by herself for a good 15-20 minutes until i started packing things up for tomorrow and making noise with my computer. Since the day I've gotten her unless I was leaving her at grooming or boarding it has taken a command to make her leave my side and then its only for so long before she decides she needs to be next to me again. Hopefully shes getting more comfortable and can start making the transition to being left alone for longer than 15 minutes before losing it. Maybe I can get her up to an hour or so before our adoption anniversay.

I totally understand what you mean. For a long time, if Pit Pat was alone in a room for even a minute - and even if HE was the reason he was alone in there - he'd panic and poop.

But lately, in the last few months, he's started wandering around the house and even curling up on the couch when no one's there. It's weird to say "I was so happy to see Pit Pat alone on the couch!" but it was a big change for him.

Good girl, Kedah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Can confirm how good that is for Kedah - Apollo has bad separation anxiety, so god help me if I ever leave the house without him. But! Over the years he has improved so he can hang out in other rooms, and I often sleep with my door open so he can patrol the house / get the morning newspaper with mom without any issues. He's extremely well adjusted for a shelter dog and I love him to bits.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
We should maybe give some people the same consideration when they improve by some amount.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’ve been home a lot lately waiting on a new project. I finally got cleared and I start back full time next week. Monty has gotten very clingy and has started getting really mopey and whines when I’m starting to get ready to leave at ANY time of day. It’s heartbreaking :(

When I’m around, half the time he couldn’t care less that I exist. But as soon as I grab my shoes...

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Goober Peas posted:

Those ears were made for scritches

These hands are made for scritchin'
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these hands are gonna
Scritch that doggo's floof

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

BOOTY-ADE posted:

These hands are made for scritchin'
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these hands are gonna
Scritch that doggo's floof

They sent a poet

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1199045026602344448

:luca:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Sneaking caboose.gif lol

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
oh my :kimchi:

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Lemmy takes his head massages seriously.

Two fur the price of one

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/El_Gustache/status/1199501853609742336?s=19

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So, someone dumped a husky near work today, in an area popular for dumping unwanted animals. This is the same area one of our maintenance guys saw someone kick a puppy out of their car (which he took home with him that day :) )

She doesn’t have a name, but I think it’ll be Julie. There’s a husky rescue in the area that our intern is going to drop her off at tomorrow.

Poor girl was a bit nippy when we first got to her, but she was starving. I grabbed some dog food from my boss’ office (no idea why she has it there, but whatever) and we coaxed this good girl into our intern’s car. Intern took this good girl to the vet to look for a chip, and there wasn’t one...just a raging thirst (she drank somewhere around a gallon of water).

I don’t have words terrible enough for shitheels that dump dogs in that area. There’s barely any freshwater for miles in any direction, nothing for a dog to really eat, and when they go down to the canals to drink (it’s brackish, but they’ll try it sooner or later), there are good odds of a gator waiting for them. At least we found this girl and got her a second chance :unsmith:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ah yes, the terrifying version of Luca. Good for you saving her though

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Her coat is so nice too. Someone just decided they didnt want a husky anymore is my guess after getting one cuz of GOT. Stupid people buying dogs with semi real needs for training and grooming

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Sylvia Plath is a poor role model for dogs.

Icon Of Sin posted:

So, someone dumped a husky near work today, in an area popular for dumping unwanted animals. This is the same area one of our maintenance guys saw someone kick a puppy out of their car (which he took home with him that day :) )

She doesn’t have a name, but I think it’ll be Julie. There’s a husky rescue in the area that our intern is going to drop her off at tomorrow.

Poor girl was a bit nippy when we first got to her, but she was starving. I grabbed some dog food from my boss’ office (no idea why she has it there, but whatever) and we coaxed this good girl into our intern’s car. Intern took this good girl to the vet to look for a chip, and there wasn’t one...just a raging thirst (she drank somewhere around a gallon of water).

I don’t have words terrible enough for shitheels that dump dogs in that area. There’s barely any freshwater for miles in any direction, nothing for a dog to really eat, and when they go down to the canals to drink (it’s brackish, but they’ll try it sooner or later), there are good odds of a gator waiting for them. At least we found this girl and got her a second chance :unsmith:

Good job taking in those good dogs. Why on earth would people just dump dogs? At least take them to a shelter directly for gently caress sake.

Weltlich fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 27, 2019

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/1199504759314497536?s=19

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I would adopt that husky in a second, she's gorgeous, and I miss having one from when I was a kid.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Worth it. IMHO, it is better to have known the love of a dog and die a horrible death from a rare bacterial infection then to not have known the love of a dog.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Icon Of Sin posted:

There's a special place in hell for people who dump, neglect or abuse dogs. gently caress whoever did this & thank you for being a decent human, I hope this pretty girl gets a good forever home!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Daaaaaaaaaaaddddddd, I want to go to the paaaarrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Daaaaaaaaaaaad I’ve been home from my walk for one minute; where’s my breakfaaaaaaaaaast?! I’m staaaaaaaarving!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Amazing image of the illusive dog shark.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Kedah has started rolling over for belly rubs more often but also hiding her head under pillows when she does like shes embarassed. Confirming she is super adorable but also super weird

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
My old golden Maggie still has bad separation anxiety. What helped her was getting her a support dog.

She still burys food in couches, and has accidents.

https://i.imgur.com/GpxaUUi.jpg

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
You got an emotional support dog for your emotional support dog.

it's like Petception

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’m afraid we’ve got a bad case of blurry-dog here, I think applying noggin pats and butt scritches is the only way forward :ohdear:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Stay safe, blurry pupper :ohdear:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Somebody is in his favorite spot 😂

https://i.imgur.com/yP3CSLP.mp4

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Icon Of Sin posted:

Somebody is in his favorite spot 😂

https://i.imgur.com/yP3CSLP.mp4

Was prepared to tell you to move.

Now I don’t know what to do.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Omfg :kimchi:

*boop*

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

IM NOT CRYING

https://www.doc.govt.nz/news/media-releases/2019/extraordinary-rescue-from-ends-of-the-earth/

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Apparently feet are comfy. Who knew?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Stravag posted:

Apparently feet are comfy. Who knew?

Dude he’s trying to warm you up, you should reward that because doggo slipper best slipper.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Shes been super clingy the past couple days all of a sudden

Edit: and shes been given a bunch of cookies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008