Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

London bridge has to be one of the most secured public places in the world outside of parliament itself, as evidenced by how fast the cops turned up and started shooting people. If that doesn't suggest that you can't police terror attacks out of existence I don't know what does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

mediaphage posted:

Why is his majesty’s throne room so cold

Corbyn won't turn the heating on.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

London bridge has to be one of the most secured public places in the world outside of parliament itself, as evidenced by how fast the cops turned up and started shooting people. If that doesn't suggest that you can't police terror attacks out of existence I don't know what does.

No no, maybe if we give up more of other people's freedoms we can finally be perfectly safe and live forever!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Reuters now saying police believe ‘a number of people have been injured in London Bridge incident’ - presumably more than the stab victim and the dead stabber (?). No article tho, just an alert.

Nettle Soup posted:

Corbyn won't turn the heating on.

Well he didn’t promise free heating with those houses in the manifesto....

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Imagine being a terrorist. Going out to stab people. Getting beat up by the general public and then shot in the face by a cop on video lol.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/Harvey_Bman/status/1200429804916559880?s=09

Heavy poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
drat he's got fingerprints all over the knife and hosed up the evidence

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nice to know the cops can just execute people lol.

Feeling v safe rn.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bape Culture posted:

Imagine being a terrorist.
What's my motivation?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jose posted:

drat he's got fingerprints all over the knife and hosed up the evidence

Even if that were a concern, cops could just print him to rule out anything he’d left.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
That looked like a loving execution, he was disarmed at that point.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
From a libdem leaflet I got today (uploaded it to the leaflet site)

WHAT LABOUR DO ABOUT BREXIT???
*exactly what Labour will do*

Also says what Jo will do when they win a majority.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Nice to know the cops can just execute people lol.

Feeling v safe rn.

So the guy was disarmed, on the ground and surrounded by cops. Will the justification be that he might have had a bomb on him?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Probably.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Shooting bombs is how you prevent them from exploding, you idiot, you loving moron

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Was it last time there was a stabbing on london bridge that the cops managed to shoot a random person in a nearby building in the head?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Necrothatcher posted:

So the guy was disarmed, on the ground and surrounded by cops. Will the justification be that he might have had a bomb on him?
Melanin can explode in stressful situations #policephysics

OwlFancier posted:

Was it last time there was a stabbing on london bridge that the cops managed to shoot a random person in a nearby building in the head?
Yup, other side of the river. They blamed him for being outside.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Necrothatcher posted:

It's well known that terrorists have super strength.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

What's my motivation?

Greggs has run out of festive bakes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Love that random people are able work together in time of need to subdue the guy and then are brave boys come along with their assault rifles and shoot him on the ground. Definitely shows why we need the police.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That had better be a suicide vest or that was straight up execution

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The all-inportant question - was he white?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

We can't tell, in an almost perfect angle this tweet is closer but you only ever see the back of the head with the rest hidden by the crash barrier CONTENT WARNING https://twitter.com/AuroraIntel/status/1200423477905416192

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

TheRat posted:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Graun reporting that five people were injured in the attack. Scotland Yard CT involved...does anyone know how involved they get in cases that don’t turn out to be terror-related?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2MW4DKpMjM

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/Harvey_Bman/status/1200435207226171392

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheRat posted:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mediaphage posted:

Graun reporting that five people were injured in the attack. Scotland Yard CT involved...does anyone know how involved they get in cases that don’t turn out to be terror-related?

I think any attack like this will be investigated by Slipper. Need to find out who this person is, their motivation, etc. while the Met are more about prevention and reaction-in-the-now.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

To be honest, the cops look loving terrified so I'm guessing suicide vest

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cops always look terrified because they're panicky psychopaths with guns.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The way they all run for it, something was up.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Idk, I'm as acab as anyone, but that looks like genuine fear rather than blood thirst

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jippa posted:

The way they all run for it, something was up.

The guy being pulled off appears to have been "caught" by the attacker - the attacker's legs appear to be wrapped around his legs. In a leg-log basically.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

loving hell.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I might suggest most people would run away if three screaming cops with assault rifles turned up pointing them at you.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That poor stabber I hope he’s okay

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

probably memory holed but was there any follow up on the british spook who "founded" the "white helmets" and his mysterious death?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Yeah that definitely makes it look a bit more like the attacker was still in the middle of attacking someone and was trying to get back up before they shot him. The guy they pull off just looks like a member of the public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

probably memory holed but was there any follow up on the british spook who "founded" the "white helmets" and his mysterious death?

He felt overcome with guilt and Javert-ed himself.