Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
craftsdwarves are kind of weird lol. most of the input (wood, rocks, bone) are basically free, and the skills go up quick. also it's the go-to skill for strange moods, so random farmers will routinely become legendary at it out of the blue

e: otoh, the usefulnes of crafts is also p limited. we can trade for stuff, but apart from a couple of items most of the stuff will be stored away forever. makes the fortress wealth number go up tho

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 28, 2019

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

how do i display these cool things? or do the dwarves that make them just like, pocket em?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
first of all happy thanksgiving to my fellow dwarves

:neckbeard:

secondly: has anyone played this game enough "years" to have the little dwarf babies grow up to be viable dwarf adults/workers etc. or are the babies just a drain on our resources? not saying we should eat the babies but is it possible to eat the babies? do the dwarves get sad if another dwarf eats their baby?

:ohdear:

nut

*waits by his figurine to see if anyone notices the resemblance*

Heather Papps

hello friend

Luvcow posted:

is it possible to eat the babies? do the dwarves get sad if another dwarf eats their baby?

:ohdear:

mods help

HappyKitty

Has dwarven justice been unfucked or will the hammerer still go around maiming all your best craftsdwarves because they failed to make exactly three toy forges out of schist at the whim of some minor noble

Heather Papps

hello friend

HappyKitty posted:

Has dwarven justice been unfucked or will the hammerer still go around maiming all your best craftsdwarves because they failed to make exactly three toy forges out of schist at the whim of some minor noble

i honestly have no idea hey you wanna be a dwarf>?

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Heather Papps posted:

To Be Dwarfed:
Korean Boomhauer
"mojangles"
FreshCutFries
vanisher
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
super mario batali
Dungeon Ecology

any requests? there is a surplus of dwarfs currently, otherwise imma just name cool dwarfs after posters

hi I don't post here much (mostly only that time GBS got shut down) but i like kittens and purple so maybe I'm byobish enough to be a dwarf?

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i think we can make display cases for some items. but that still leaves the 1000+ masterwork slate amulets we hoard away in storage

HappyKitty posted:

afaik, sometimes random fish gutters get a death sentence as well. but yeah, justice is still both harsh and arbitrary

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 28, 2019

google THIS

Im reading that the trick is to designate a non lethal weapon for punishment like a really wimpy hammer, does it have to be a hammer or would say a scourge work asking for a friend :grin:

FreshCutFries

Heather Papps posted:

To Be Dwarfed:
Korean Boomhauer
"mojangles"
FreshCutFries
vanisher
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
super mario batali
Dungeon Ecology

any requests? there is a surplus of dwarfs currently, otherwise imma just name cool dwarfs after posters

do you know how to pull up the overviews of each dwarf? it's pretty fun to be able to see your dwarfs bio.

also it helps me keep track of who has been dwarfed lol

Nosfereefer

google THIS posted:

Im reading that the trick is to designate a non lethal weapon for punishment like a really wimpy hammer, does it have to be a hammer or would say a scourge work asking for a friend :grin:

that, or a permanently bedridden dwarf assigned as hammerer. we have a lot to learn from dwarven justice imo

Angry Diplomat

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
you can also assign a clumsy, feeble, cowardly dwarf to be the hammerer, in which case they'll usually just feebly flail at the offending party before dutifully informing the bourgeoisie that justice has been done. incompetence as praxis

also I would like to be a dwarf if you've got dorfs to spare

e: one time my husband made a dwarf with a crippled knee into his hammerer. dude spent like a year slowly crutch-walking after people trying to hit them. eventually he caught some poor sap in his bed and absolutely pummeled the snot out of him. we checked his inventory and he wasn't even carrying a weapon so we think maybe he just clobbered the poor fella with his crutches

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 29, 2019

Nosfereefer

dwarven political economy is a fascinating topic

virtually all property an possessions are collectively owned and distributed freely at no cost. work in general has no hierarchies, and there is no material gain or loss dependent on participation

everybody contributes when the need arises, and a master smith will happily haul rocks unless despite something more important is going on

also, there is an hereditary nobility which makes arbitrary production orders on the pain of death

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'll make my way thru the list but im trying to pick funny ones

Nosfereefer

jesus, he did it the madman

he calculated dwarves down to the cubic centimetre

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i like that the dwarf baby likes to consume cherry wine

Heather Papps

hello friend

wow okay i guess i should have seen this coming

Heather Papps

hello friend

lol

Nosfereefer

newly born dwarves are priced for their ambition

Nosfereefer

i realize now that i have a harder time reading those neatly organised screens than that of the original ui

it's me, im toady

Heather Papps

hello friend

Nosfereefer posted:

i realize now that i have a harder time reading those neatly organised screens than that of the original ui

it's me, im toady

i pretty much always have photoshop open, if my computer is on.

um also, a fun thing about these threads is that each poster running a year has a completely different posting style. i have been doing a lot of like, single image updates, versus larger effortposts, because one, i don't really know what i am doing, and two, i am taking my time, and three, if i can post like 5 times in a row in a thread i am going to do it

Nosfereefer

that is why yearly fortress management is magic! we're all just dicking around or fixing up past dickings

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
it looks like mrs. dwarf paps drank straight through her pregnancy

also: who is getting all these dwarves pregnant?

Heather Papps

hello friend

how do i tell how much longer my year is?

Nosfereefer

there is a calendar, if you check the [z] screen there should be something like "opal the 24th"

check with the wiki, and you will know what this actually means?

e: more or less its a standard gregorian calendar w/ twelve 30 days months, four seasons, no leap years

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 29, 2019

Heather Papps

hello friend

migrants arrived! time to name some dwarfs!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

migrants arrived! time to name some dwarfs!

listen i like bad pop music okay fight me

Heather Papps

hello friend

here is stuff

Heather Papps

hello friend

so now all animals are "available"

Nosfereefer

looks like you have a lot to do :colbert:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Nosfereefer posted:

looks like you have a lot to do :colbert:

i have been takin' my time and havin' fun!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Heather Papps posted:

so now all animals are "available"

Nosfereefer

Heather Papps posted:

i have been takin' my time and havin' fun!

breaking the spirit of the game, i see :goonsay:

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

I'm a baby who falls in love easily. If a sexy werewolf shows up I'm outta here.

Nosfereefer

why is this thread not stickied???

i did not pay 10bux for this, plz fix tia

Heather Papps

hello friend

this is a more accurate runecast than any star chart or tarot read anyone has ever done for me

Heather Papps

hello friend

i think we need a kennel. do we already have a kennel? maybe we need another one!

Heather Papps

hello friend

uh oh! so someone is trying to feed them but they are inaccessible. gotta find em i guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

uh oh! so someone is trying to feed them but they are inaccessible. gotta find em i guess!

okay?