Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Sword and Shield’s endgame just depresses me. I just don’t like raids enough to get into whatever is going on here.

Which Pokémon game would you say is SwSh’s opposite when it comes to endgame content. Which one had you playing for tens of hours beyond the championship fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

RatHat posted:

Wooloo is the only good plushie choice here. Where’s Sobble? Chewtie? Snom? Yamper? Applin? Cufant? Morpeko?

Excuse you, Drednaw is excellent.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Which Pokémon game would you say is SwSh’s opposite when it comes to endgame content. Which one had you playing for tens of hours beyond the championship fight?
Any one with the Battle Frontier. Bring it back, dummies. Especially the Battle Factory.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm still pretty sour about them not making a Ribombee plushie at some point. It even managed to be a Totem and they gave it nothing.

I need Ribombee in my life

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Tempura Wizard posted:

Any one with the Battle Frontier. Bring it back, dummies. Especially the Battle Factory.
God, I spent so much time in the Battle Factory in Emerald. Hundreds of hours. I loved it.

I vaguely remember liking the tournaments you could do in the postgame of Black/White 2.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

im liking the endgame of swsh because theres finally a proper villain and its these inbred royals i'm going to decapitate with aegislash

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Yaaay my duck :h:
Weird that sold out items just vanish from the search entirely, giving no hint they ever existed. And yeah, why no Canadian shipping?? :(

Pokémon centre not shipping to Canada is a drat shame, but it’s probably saved me a bunch of money.

Though I did buy a special Chandelure line teacup and saucer for $50 back in Gen 5 because it was limited edition Halloween merch that I got shipped from Japan. The best part is the tiny Joltik hanging from a thread on the saucer.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Sword and Shield’s endgame just depresses me. I just don’t like raids enough to get into whatever is going on here.

Platinum’s Battle Frontier. I also loved the Gym Leader bar in the post game and would go there every day to level up mons.

Black and White 2’s World Tournament. I went through the Elite 4 with every mono-typed team and tried the world tourney’s with each type too. I also got so many medals. Loved that post-game.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I just looked up the Emerald Battle Frontier and this looks awesome. Absolutely the kind of poo poo I want out of a Pokémon endgame. How hard is it? Can I reasonably compete with Pokémon found in Emerald or am I gonna need to being monsters from other games into the mix?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Someone made a regional variant Fighting/Ghost Machamp and now I want it so badly

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
What the hell is with these NPC teams, Game Freak. A Hawlucha that feather dances(doesn't work on shields!), A Wobuffet, and an Eevee that spammed Helping Hand, including once on Wobuffet. If these things just broke shields these raids would be a cakewalk but I guess that's too hard to program.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

lezard_valeth posted:

Someone made a regional variant Fighting/Ghost Machamp and now I want it so badly

that's mega medicham

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Baller Ina posted:

What the hell is with these NPC teams, Game Freak. A Hawlucha that feather dances(doesn't work on shields!), A Wobuffet, and an Eevee that spammed Helping Hand, including once on Wobuffet. If these things just broke shields these raids would be a cakewalk but I guess that's too hard to program.

Oh I think it's worse than that. For example who the gently caress puts a togepi out onto high level raid? Let alone a wobbuffet? No, they arranged these NPC teams to punish the player for not going online. They're poo poo on purpose I swear. And it wouldn't matter if online actually loving WORKED half the time!

lezard_valeth posted:

Needs more bandages and purple coloring.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Flopsy posted:

Oh I think it's worse than that. For example who the gently caress puts a togepi out onto high level raid? Let alone a wobbuffet? No, they arranged these NPC teams to punish the player for not going online. They're poo poo on purpose I swear. And it wouldn't matter if online actually loving WORKED half the time!

I really wonder if their online system even works in Japan. Like is the Japanese audience complaining about it as much as we are? Cause it's really dumb that they can't even implement a queue for random five star raid button.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Baller Ina posted:

Yeah they are definitely bad on purpose. There's a Solrock that will spend 1/3 of it's turns using Rock Polish, another 1/3 of their turns using Cosmic Power, and the last 1/3 actually attacking.

Heck the Wobbufett doesn't even have Mirror Coat, meaning it's completely helpless against raids with Pokemon that only have Special Attacks.

e: and the worst part is that you are not even allowed to leave the raid to reset the NPCs. I've gotten in a raid with said Solrock, Wobbuffet and the Magikarp and I had to sit there waiting for the inevitable wipe

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 29, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Eimi posted:

I really wonder if their online system even works in Japan. Like is the Japanese audience complaining about it as much as we are? Cause it's really dumb that they can't even implement a queue for random five star raid button.

Here's some real madness for you. You can interact with other players in the wild area yeah? And when they're next to a den making a calling motion does the game reasonably allow you to join their raid? Oh hell no, you have the press the Y button and play and fast and loose with it. And 9 times out of 10 unless that raid is near the very top of the queue it's a no go.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

HGSS tends to push me into the triple digits in terms of playtime, and it's mostly around leveling up my pokemon for the gym and Elite Four rematches before kicking Red's teeth in

BW2 has me grinding money at the Nimbasa Stadiums and making the most grind-friendly Join Avenue imaginable on top of going through Pokestar's movies and becoming a millionaire while cursing the PWT's RNG nature because what is making a competitively-viable pokemon - I made it harder on myself by only using my story team for themetic purposes and I unlocked the Champion League once, and never again, because World Leaders x10 is complete BS

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

lezard_valeth posted:

Yeah they are definitely bad on purpose. There's a Solrock that will spend 1/3 of it's turns using Rock Polish, another 1/3 of their turns using Cosmic Power, and the last 1/3 actually attacking.

Heck the Wobbufett doesn't even have Mirror Coat, meaning it's completely helpless against raids with Pokemon that only have Special Attacks.

e: and the worst part is that you are not even allowed to leave the raid to reset the NPCs. I've gotten in a raid with said Solrock, Wobbuffet and the Magikarp and I had to sit there waiting for the inevitable wipe

The Wobb does have Mirror Coat it just prefers to use Counter most of the time. The only good thing about Wobb is I've never seen it actually die.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

lezard_valeth posted:

That reminds me of the fake Gmax Asura Machamp with a set of giant prayer beads handing from its waist ,and how comparitively boring normal Gmax Machamp looks.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

poo poo I just realized I never beat red in Gen 2. I gotta fix that.

How was the Team Rainbow Rocket stuff in USUM? Was that pretty fun/engaging?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

gen 4 had that whole extra island area with the heatran dungeon on it, as well as battle frontier in platinum. I ran around there for ages looking for new pokemon and stuff.

Vinylshadow posted:

HGSS tends to push me into the triple digits in terms of playtime, and it's mostly around leveling up my pokemon for the gym and Elite Four rematches before kicking Red's teeth in

BW2 has me grinding money at the Nimbasa Stadiums and making the most grind-friendly Join Avenue imaginable on top of going through Pokestar's movies and becoming a millionaire while cursing the PWT's RNG nature because what is making a competitively-viable pokemon - I made it harder on myself by only using my story team for themetic purposes and I unlocked the Champion League once, and never again, because World Leaders x10 is complete BS
I really wish they would bring back the PWT at some point if only because breeding competitive mons before gen 6 sucks rear end and I refuse to do it

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I found a shiny Lampent in a raid and the AI Salazzle and Heatmor tried their darnedest to ruin it for me by both immediately activating it's Flash Fire. Fortunately Inteleon was able to take it out before it roasted everyone.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

How was the Team Rainbow Rocket stuff in USUM? Was that pretty fun/engaging?

It was a cool concept but really it was just a million identical Rocket Grunts in a row and then like 6 boss battles.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Someone in this thread gave me some foreign 5 iv dittos for Sun and Moon and that person will forever be my hero.

They actually made breeding fun, or at least much less unbearable.

I should learn how to hack mons and spread the love, hacked mons are a blessing.

Someone handed out 6 iv dittos in x and y and I want my Uber breeding ditto for SwSh. Though I don’t think it was a foreign ditto unfortunately.

Flopsy posted:

Dragon centipede takes offense at your blasphemy.

Turn in your Corviknight av for neglecting your metallic gmax bird god. :colbert:

lezard_valeth posted:

New Ashura’s Wrath looking good.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Love to finally bust thru a Dinamax shield and then seeing Torkoal Clear Smogging the monster immediately

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I REALLY wish there was an option to turn solo raids into a double or triple battle against the thing. I get that they want to push multiplayer features, but sometimes it's 3am and no one wants to fight a 5 star bewear for exp candies

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Eimi posted:

I see a fair bit of japanese character names coming up when I turn on the internet instead of just local communication. I suppose they could all be weebs but that seems unlikely.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Evil Fluffy posted:

Someone handed out 6 iv dittos in x and y and I want my Uber breeding ditto for SwSh. Though I don’t think it was a foreign ditto unfortunately.

I just got a shiny 6 IV ditto with pokerus and I feel morally justified.

e: foreign language too

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

you know, it occurs to me that Rose's dumb as poo poo plan would've seemed less dumb, (like, say, gen 3 villain dumb) if there was more foreshadowing. As it is, it's like if most of the game happened, and then Archie showed up and went "yarrg matey, I'm gonna flood this place." Archie and Maxie were dumb, but seemed slightly less so because they at least had some buildup.

e: what i'm trying to say is - plot twist stuff only works if the villain isn't a total dipshit. if they're a dipshit, then you need to let them chew the scenery for a bit, y'know?

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 29, 2019

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Plat is definitely the opposite of SwSh. It's a wealth of content in almost every way, and the post-game feels just as expansive as the campaign. Kinda making me want to replay it...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nothing is as dumb as the gen6 villain.

Like the villains in this game are idiots but at least you can say their plan had good intentions? Making it slightly better than most crazy poke plans.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The Bee posted:

An obvious patch to me feels like not letting Ditto Dynamax if it turns into a Dynamax capable mon. Being able to steal a 4x/4x Gyarados' boosts, then further glom them into a 6x/6x, is disgusting.

Consider instead Giga-Ditto with G-Amalgamate that copies the entire enemy team.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eimi posted:

Like the villains in this game are idiots but at least you can say their plan had good intentions? Making it slightly better than most crazy poke plans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN9DW4rrEjY

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Eimi posted:

Oh yeah gen 6 is like, bottom of the barrel
villain writing from best to worst: Aether/Skull > BW Plasma > Galactic > BW2 Plasma > Gen 1Rocket > Aqua/Magma > Gen 2 Rocket* > Macro Cosmos > Flare

*gen 2 rocket are so low because their plan is literally ":qq: bosss come baaacckk"

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Eimi posted:

French intellectuals love fascists, the pokemon team really did their research for Kalos.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Falinks should have been fighting/fairy and named Faelinks

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

pospysyl posted:

French intellectuals love fascists, the pokemon team really did their research for Kalos.

I skipped that game, but it sounds like he's a trickle down economist who doesn't want to bother with the trickling down

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

CainFortea posted:

I skipped that game, but it sounds like he's a trickle down economist who doesn't want to bother with the trickling down

So all of them?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

CainFortea posted:

Its more he doesn't think things that aren't beautiful should exist. Also really hates the idea of aging or changing in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I just want to say I'm really proud that I ended up naming my Dragapult with the infiltrator ability John Brown.

None of my irl friends appreciated it.

Blaziken386 posted:

Oh yeah gen 6 is like, bottom of the barrel
villain writing from best to worst: Aether/Skull > BW Plasma > Galactic > BW2 Plasma > Gen 1Rocket > Aqua/Magma > Gen 2 Rocket* > Macro Cosmos > Flare

*gen 2 rocket are so low because their plan is literally ":qq: bosss come baaacckk"
This is pretty fair, but why are Galactic so high? Their whole gimmick was they were a cult who didn't know what they were doing and their leader had a crazy anime plan to remake the world. I guess it's not as actively bad as some other evil teams, but it was weak as heck. I appreciate Aqua/Magma more than them myself, as at least Aqua/Magma had like a specific plan to improve the world. A dumb plan with nonsense assumptions, but still, there was something there and that was kind of charming.

I'd also put team Yell up there, maybe behind BW Plasma, even if they're not actually an evil team at all. Their enthusiastic and incompetent support of everything was pretty great. I loved the grunts trying to keep you from waking up the sleepy snake.