Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Elephanthead posted:

So someone is listing all the marketplace ads on craigslist with their number hoping to do a flip? Just a tip everything on craigslist is a scam and also everything on facebook.

Not quite. Ads on Facebook get listed by different people with same contact number for different vehicles. This same contact number is used for some ads on Craigslist. However, can’t seem to find any business associated with number via google.

Honestly I don’t care if it’s shady as long as we can get a decent van with a title we can register for not too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
If those are accounts made overnight and recently, then it's probably a scam. But also, they could be people working for a dealership, or related to some flipper/seller business, who may or may not have a dealer's license and but/sell from his home location. It's a real thing nowadays, people selling cars as a side gig. Most of them are selling that same van, or are those different vehicles?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Different vehicles. I think it’s like you say a side gig. I called the number yesterday but no call back.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

This is amazing.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I would daily that. I entertain doing similar to my Crown Vic periodically.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Q_res posted:

Although the ad says automatic, the pictures confirm it's actually a manual. Quick, someone buy this piece of poo poo before I do...

2008?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
People on Facebook are even worse at filling out ads than CL cretins. The body of the ad though does say it's an 85.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Network42 posted:

This is amazing.

As long as it’s not the v6

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

For instance when looking at Miatas so many of them are listed as automatics in the drop down fields but you read the body of the ad or look at the pictures and there's the 3 pedals and stick.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Coredump posted:

For instance when looking at Miatas so many of them are listed as automatics in the drop down fields but you read the body of the ad or look at the pictures and there's the 3 pedals and stick.

I believe that's how I found my old Miata, and was able to snag it before anyone else. It either said auto or wasn't listed, but was obviously a manual.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Yeah, where are people looking for used vehicles these days? CL is dead. FB search is just terrible. OfferUp search is worse.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Facebook autofills a whole bunch of poo poo using whatever garbage rear end databases there are. It also defaults to automatic with a checkbox, if whatever you are selling is manual you have to uncheck it. Understandably people miss this all the time.

If you list something very odd, like a Daihatsu Rugger which shouldn't even *be* in their data set, and put in the trim as LX or whatever. it will automatically populate the rest of the ad with poo poo that doesn't actually matter like forcing automatics and weird options on a vehicle it has no idea about.

In closing, Facebook is hot goddamned garbage at absolutely everything, and this holds true when listing vehicles.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Agreed FB is garage. However, that's where the action is at currently.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Facebook is only good at showing you what it thinks you want to see. If you want to lazily scroll through bad memes and pictures of your friends doing nothing it’s great at that, which is what most people want. Trying to find anything specific is usually impossible. This experience is consistent across all parts of using it, from shitposting to marketplace.

I hate it so much and I wish that it wasn’t the de facto communication tool for most of my friends.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Okay then

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1909268012553410/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You could probably put plates on that in Florida

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I'm the... baking sheet? catching ATF 6 feet below the source of the drip.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm the... baking sheet? catching ATF 6 feet below the source of the drip.
Drip tray, it's significantly bigger than a baking sheet, and I am Jack's complete lack of surprise this meme continues.

I mean, it's interesting that the ATF is leaking, but drip trays are a pretty normal way of dealing with that.

edit: subtle

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 22, 2019

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I'm the P-51

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Germane to the current discussion in the terrible car stuff thread:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/475588773307270/

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1286126208399405/

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Ah yes the ultra rare two seat caddy.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know they downsized the DeVilles in 1977 but I didn't know it was that severe. :stonk:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

I know they downsized the DeVilles in 1977 but I didn't know it was that severe. :stonk:

They didn't, that's a 4 door that has been cut down. Likely done by Tomaso.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It looks like a goddamned photoshop.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Also, it's a Seville and not a De Ville. So it's not quite as drastic a cutdown as it might have initially seemed.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
It needs a longer nose, sidemount spares and to have been built from a bustleback Seville.

Like this!

https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=51595

Ok, maybe not the sidemount spares.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fornax Disaster posted:

It needs a longer nose, sidemount spares and to have been built from a bustleback Seville.

Like this!

great news!

that's called the opera coupe, not a photoshop

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Who would have been the market for those? My guess is widows who's husbands died under mysterious circumstances.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Who would have been the market for those? My guess is widows who's husbands died under mysterious circumstances.

They were around 40,000 1987 dollars for the conversion, which is like $90k adjusted for inflation, sooooooooooo drug dealers?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Fornax Disaster posted:

Like this!

I'll be damned, thanks for educating me that the term for those trunks are bustlebacks.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

When I was a kid in NJ in the early 80s that was exactly the kind of thing I thought was the ultimate luxury poo poo

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift posted:

They didn't, that's a 4 door that has been cut down. Likely done by Tomaso.

Needs a blower sticking out of the hood, radiused wheelwells, bias-ply slicks, and a solid front axle.

Yes, I know I have a problem.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'll be damned, thanks for educating me that the term for those trunks are bustlebacks.

They're meant to evoke the trunks of pre-WW2 cars, right? I've always thought they looked like garbage on things like the car pictured.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

MrYenko posted:

Needs a blower sticking out of the hood, radiused wheelwells, bias-ply slicks, and a solid front axle.

Yes, I know I have a problem.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Pham Nuwen posted:

They're meant to evoke the trunks of pre-WW2 cars, right? I've always thought they looked like garbage on things like the car pictured.

Neoclassical fads have happened a few times in the Detroit auto industry. Laundau bars, bustlebacks, wire wheelcovers and vinyl tops all come from that sort of thinking. Customs like those pictured above took those ideas and dialed them up to 11.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/d/saint-petersburg-2002-porsche-safari/7028671427.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That owns

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

I'll be in my bunk...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
I as a Craigslist seller just got TOTALLY loving SUCKERED into replying to a scam email. It's been a long goddamn time since I fell for one.

Today I was the Craigslist fool.