Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Panfilo posted:

Speaking of which, back in October there was some story going around Facebook about a divorced couple where the mom wanted to put one of her children on puberty blockers because she said they are trans, and the dad was opposed to this. Whatever happened to that drama? Happened in Texas I think, and seemed to serve as rage fodder for every transphobic divorced dad in the state.
There's a good (but fairly long) video detailing the case here. Unsurprisingly, it turns out the conservative outrage machine's version of events is incredibly misleading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pastry of the Year posted:

It's not the meat, it's the tumidity.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it should be standard practice that all teenagers are kept on puberty blockers as long as medically sound, and cis or trans or who cars the kid gets to choose ladyjuice or MAN POTION and develop accordingly. No exceptions, we do it same time we do vaccinations, and failure to vaccinate a child is punishable by death.

if it were possible I'd extend the no-hormone time to like 24 but alas

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

T-man posted:

failure to vaccinate a child is punishable by death

That's disingenuous, it just results in death.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pastry of the Year posted:

It's not the meat, it's the tumidity.

:vince:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Baron von Eevl posted:

That's disingenuous, it just results in death.

There are children with immunodeficiency disorders that mean they can't be vaccinated, why should they die just because someone else's parents are loving idiots?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

There are children with immunodeficiency disorders that mean they can't be vaccinated, why should they die just because someone else's parents are loving idiots?

Yeah, I have a friend who was counterindicated for the MMR when she was a kid due to susceptibility to fevers and now has to weigh that against the risk of getting infected

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

it should be standard practice that all teenagers are kept on puberty blockers as long as medically sound, and cis or trans or who cars the kid gets to choose ladyjuice or MAN POTION and develop accordingly. No exceptions, we do it same time we do vaccinations, and failure to vaccinate a child is punishable by death.

if it were possible I'd extend the no-hormone time to like 24 but alas

This seems like a poor idea.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Skwirl posted:

That post was not an endorsement.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Screaming Idiot posted:

T-man is a gimmick poster at this point in time, just let them do their thing and scroll on by

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
When you're innocent

https://twitter.com/Toepick5/status/1200501086710317056?s=20

https://twitter.com/Toepick5/status/1200547073961218048?s=20

https://twitter.com/Toepick5/status/1200547314189901826?s=20

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Loving how the ratio just keeps going up with every tweet. (As of this post, it's 9:85, 2:10, 5:64.)

Speaking of terrifying ratios:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"Every PA working has been abused by someone..." *looks significantly at Kay*

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
E: removed old post I apparently started a while ago; not worth going over.

Cuntellectual posted:

This is 100% sincere:

What makes it safer to disclose later? Feeling you'd have a better idea of if the person was going to flip out and shank you or not?

I feel like the concern for doing it later is it might make the person feel 'betrayed' and get angry from that, but then I guess if you felt they might do that it'd be easier to just duck out entirely and politely excuse yourself for another reason? (Since if they're murderous enough to want to kill you just for dumping them at all, then there's probably no safe way to navigate that regardless of who you are).

It’s probably less a matter of “later is better” and starting a date with “HI I’M TRANS BTW” is demeaning to yourself (because there’s apparently some sort of purity test for being worth dating).

You know aside from the whole danger of being attacked by a relative stranger thing.

And probably a whole host of other problems, but that one feels simple and direct enough for me.

Ugato has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Nov 30, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

e: I actually don't know who this is so he might not be an idiot, but it felt extremely right for the current discussion

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

wizzardstaff posted:

Loving how the ratio just keeps going up with every tweet. (As of this post, it's 9:85, 2:10, 5:64.)

Speaking of terrifying ratios:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

The numbers don't lie...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
This is not at all the same thing, but not too long ago we had someone apply at my office and she started her cover letter with "as a trans woman of color..." and goddamn that's a bold move. I understand it though, if someone's going to see that and immediately discard your application they'd have never hired you after the interview anyway. On the other hand an office might actually see that and care about the fact that you'd bring a different perspective to the job.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I feel like the trans dating/disclosure discourse has run out of track, as far as the Idiots on Social Media thread is concerned. Those of you with sincere questions, and those of you with honest answers - I appreciate it, but the discussion might have outgrown this thread and maybe even PYF.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

e: I actually don't know who this is so he might not be an idiot, but it felt extremely right for the current discussion

I can't be too mad at someone who admits that he's going to stare at you over his Number 6 dinner platter the way he does at an installation progress bar

If that's your thing, look no further (he seems to say)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
At least he took you out to a nice restaurant for him to contemplate your eventual dismemberment and subsequent coitus at.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Feel the wern

It's telomeres dude

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Do people not remember Lucas Werner and his telomeres? He's the loneliest man in all of Spokane.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Do people not remember Lucas Werner and his telomeres? He's the loneliest man in all of Spokane.

Spokane. Spokane. Oh, man! Spokane.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Baron von Eevl posted:

This is not at all the same thing, but not too long ago we had someone apply at my office and she started her cover letter with "as a trans woman of color..." and goddamn that's a bold move. I understand it though, if someone's going to see that and immediately discard your application they'd have never hired you after the interview anyway. On the other hand an office might actually see that and care about the fact that you'd bring a different perspective to the job.

I do this (well, minus the "of color" part, I pass as white and have a white people name) for the same reason you're thinking. It can be really helpful to put it out there, and I'm weird/loudly queer/cis-failing* enough that it isn't worth my time if I'm getting not-fired for going in the woman's room.

* This is off topicer than usual, but I think this is a better way to dicsuss passing/nonpassing in trans communities.

Screaming Idiot posted:

OK Cissie (iirc and at time of posting)

Memento posted:

T-man is a gimmick poster at this point in time, just let them do their thing and scroll on by

Her, as I try to make clear. And I take offence at this, I mean about 70% of the things I say on this account, usually in hyperbole or irony poisoned internet brains-ese. Radical positions does not a gimmick poster make.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

Her, as I try to make clear. And I take offence at this, I mean about 70% of the things I say on this account, usually in hyperbole or irony poisoned internet brains-ese. Radical positions does not a gimmick poster make.

T-man, your intentions are good and we agree on a lot of things, but you really do go off the deep end a lot. I really like you and I sympathize with a lot of your ideas, but sometimes you really do come off as a gimmick, especially when you say things that are blatantly bad ideas.

From one broke-brained dude to a broke-brained dudette, chillax my lady.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'm always tempted to buy T-Man a rename to E-Woman, that's all, this post is an excuse to admit that

Screaming Idiot posted:

blatantly bad ideas

not terribly practical but very morally defensible. giving human beings a choice about what kind of puberty to have, and when, if ever, but also removing the possibility of going unvaccinated, would probably do much more good than harm

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Y'all a bunch of cuties.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

T-man posted:

Her, as I try to make clear.

I apologise, sincerely, I wasn't a hundred percent sure and didn't want offend.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Memento posted:

I apologise, sincerely, I wasn't a hundred percent sure and didn't want offend.
You can always try checking people's profiles. A lot of people haven't bothered to fill them out, but it works sometimes.

Tiggum has a new favorite as of 11:48 on Nov 30, 2019

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I'm a dolphin

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Continuity RCP posted:

I'm a dolphin

Come on now, you're just trying to push people's buttons on porpoise.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Continuity RCP posted:

I'm Adolphin Hitler

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I’ve heard that name before, isn’t he obsessed with telomeres and how that somehow means that he’s entitled to date women half his age?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bargearse posted:

I’ve heard that name before, isn’t he obsessed with telomeres and how that somehow means that he’s entitled to date women half his age?

He makes 5 bucks a month on Patreon blogging about exactly that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiggum posted:

You can always try checking people's profiles. A lot of people haven't bothered to fill them out, but it works sometimes.

Sorry about all your doorless, collapsed, smoldering public toilets, Europe

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Continuity RCP posted:

I'm a dolphin

Is this a new spin on the attack helicopter meme?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Is this a new spin on the attack helicopter meme?

When you haven't selected a gender on SA it says "porpoise" (see my profile)

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He makes 5 bucks a month on Patreon blogging about exactly that.

Five bucks a month more than he deserves.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

CJacobs posted:

When you haven't selected a gender on SA it says "porpoise" (see my profile)

poo poo i forgot all about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
telomeres like on the tips of chromosomes? Or bug dick holders?

Why be obsessed with either??