Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Blood of Baal preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MODWPGeCBYU

CA2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8E-oNoe44k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Cooked Auto posted:

Not to mention Triumph of Saint Katherine is a proper centerpiece model.

gently caress you gw I'm on board

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Kull wahad, the Ad Mech get a loving ornithopter

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
Any other anouncements coming today or is that "it"

I'm hyped for both of them myself.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Hi bug friends

quote:

Biovores 40 (-10)
Exocrine 155 (-15)
Gargoyles 5 (-1)
Haruspex 150 (-20)
Raveners 18 (-5)
Tervigon 162 (-18)
Toxicrene 125 (-15)
Warriors 18 (-2)
Tyrannocyte 50 (-25)
both Trygons are 10pts cheaper due to talon costs changing

Acid spray 20 (-5)
Impaler cannon 25 (-5)
Rupture cannon 35 (-14)

Malanthrope 120 (-20)
Shrikes 21 (??)

quote:

RELICS

Resonance Barb
Psyker model only. +1 Power casted, +1 power denied and +1 to psychic tests

Xenogenic Acid
Model with toxic sacs only. Each wound roll of 5+ deals a MW on the unit

The Venomthorn Parasite
Model with heavy stranglethorn cannon or heavy venom cannon only. When the model shoots with either weapon, do not roll a D6 for the number of shots: it's considered to always be the maximum

Pathogenesis
+8" to all weapons, reroll 1 hit and 1 wound roll each time this model shoots.

Arachnacyte Gland
Model with adrenal glands only. When charging roll 3D6 and discard lowest, in addition adds +1" to Advance Rolls

STRATAGEMS

Grasping Tendrils 1 CP
Toxicrene does not let a unit within 1" freely Fall Back on a roll of a 3+ (2+ if the unit is Infantry)

Symbiotic Devastation 1 CP
Exocrine counts as stationary even if it moved

Surprise Ambush 1 CP
Lictor entirely on or within a terrain feature and also arriving from deep striking that very turn gets +1" to charge and can't be shot in Overwatch

Feral Instincts 1 CP
Hormagaunts gets -1 additional VP in the fight phase

Feeding the Hunger 1 CP
Haruspex rerolls hit rolls in the fight phase

Unexpected Incursions 1 CP
Mawloc adds +2 to MW rolls from his ability.

Buried Treats 1 CP
When a Ripper swarms enter the battlefield from Deepstrike and whilst remaining stationary from that moment onwards, -1 to be hit by ranged weapons

Savage Distraction 1 CP
After destroying a unit in melee, the Hive Fleet unit that destroyed the enemy one reduces to hit rolls of your enemy ranged weapons by 1 within 6"

Hive Instinct 1 CP
Choose an enemy unit in your charge phase.If a Synaptic unit is within 1" of it, other friendly units roll an additional D6 when charging that unit and discard the lowest.

Unyielding Chiting 1 CP
During your opponent shooting phase or your charge phase, when a WARRIOR or PRIME unit is targeted, -1 Damage (to a minimum of 1) to all weapons targeting that unit.

Encephalitic Defusion 2 CP
Maleceptor reduces the strenght of all weapons used on friendly units within 6" by 1.

Aggressive Adaption 1 CP
Additional -1 VP all melee weapons of models in an unit that destroyed an enemy unit in melee (one use only for each unit).

Synaptic Channeling 1 CP
One psyker knows all the Hive Mind Psychic Powers from models on the battlefield.

Skyswarm Fusillade 1 CP
Gargoyles' weapons become Pistol 1

Psychic Fissure 2 CP
Start of the opponent psychic phase. When an enemy unit fails a Psychic test whilst within 12" of a Synapse Unit, deal D3 MW.

Hunter's Drive 1 CP
Roll an additional D6 (discarding the lowest) when charging an unit that had one or more models killed by a ranged weapon of a unit of the same HIVE FLEET in the turn.

gilljoy posted:

Any other anouncements coming today or is that "it"

I'm hyped for both of them myself.

There's more news coming related to the next steps in Psychic Awakening.

Edit: I just noticed the email thing they sent out has Kill Team and Blackstone Fortress logos on it, so expect something for them too.

xtothez fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 30, 2019

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

xtothez posted:

Hi bug friends

There's more news coming related to the next steps in Psychic Awakening.

Ohh hopefully confirming wolves v orks

Which may tip me into painting my primaris as space wolves rather than white scars / iron hands

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

xtothez posted:

Hi bug friends

There’s some neat options in there. The price changes are not terrible, but maybe not deep enough for some. It’s not a stunning boost like PA2 but it’s not the disappointment of PA1 so I’ll take it. Definitely going to be buying multiple relics now, which certainly isn’t something I’ve ever done before.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
There are some interesting combinations I've found so far. Haruspex can potentially be hitting on 3+ with re-rolls (after their point drop).

Exocrines seem like the real winners. At 15pts cheaper, and with Kronos can get:
Move and fire at full power (retaining Kronos rerolls of 1)
Additional hits when rolling a 6 to hit (psychic power)
A 5++ save and counts as double wounds for damage table purposes (adaptative physiology)

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
I hadn’t seen the AP leaks yet. Is that all units get a 5++ or just MCs?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

PierreTheMime posted:

I hadn’t seen the AP leaks yet. Is that all units get a 5++ or just MCs?

Just MCs, you can get two with a 5++ with the pre-battle stratagem (which is limited to one use, for reasons).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

xtothez posted:

There are some interesting combinations I've found so far. Haruspex can potentially be hitting on 3+ with re-rolls (after their point drop).

Exocrines seem like the real winners. At 15pts cheaper, and with Kronos can get:
Move and fire at full power (retaining Kronos rerolls of 1)
Additional hits when rolling a 6 to hit (psychic power)
A 5++ save and counts as double wounds for damage table purposes (adaptative physiology)

When stationary Exocrines also shoot twice and get a +1 to hit. They're pretty nasty.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Yeah I’ve used them extensively up to now, and that’s certainly not going to change with this update. Don’t forget the +1D strat. Wiping out nine Destroyers in a single volley is still one of the most satisfying 8th Ed. moments.

Man, Nids have just become very CP hungry. With the point reductions maybe I can squeeze in another Battalion, or just cheap out on it and do a <200pt GSC Battalion.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

PierreTheMime posted:

Yeah I’ve used them extensively up to now, and that’s certainly not going to change with this update. Don’t forget the +1D strat. Wiping out nine Destroyers in a single volley is still one of the most satisfying 8th Ed. moments.

Man, Nids have just become very CP hungry. With the point reductions maybe I can squeeze in another Battalion, or just cheap out on it and do a <200pt GSC Battalion.

Yeah they definitely seem like they need all the CP they can get.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoF0m2pvvCw

So the new PA book is going to be DA and GK vs the Sons of a thousand. Also the next two books after that mentioned as well:

Each of those also coming with a new model.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I need these sisters. 16 year old me is yelling at my brain that I wanted this for ages. God drat.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

adamantium|wang posted:

Kull wahad, the Ad Mech get a loving ornithopter

God drat I really like that model.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I'm loling at that mechanicus flyer.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Man i am really torn on ordering the Crimson Spear task force. My BA force is quite old so I could pretty much use the whole set. But I've already had a couple of unexpected recent expenses, and I'm reluctant to drop that much money on my space barbies this close to Xmas.

Do these tend to go quick or can I take a couple of days to think about it?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Deptfordx posted:

Man i am really torn on ordering the Crimson Spear task force. My BA force is quite old so I could pretty much use the whole set. But I've already had a couple of unexpected recent expenses, and I'm reluctant to drop that much money on my space barbies this close to Xmas.

Do these tend to go quick or can I take a couple of days to think about it?

There’s no guarantee but with Blood Angels I’d suspect you’ve got some leeway. They’ve got a loyal fan base but it’s not as large as “normal” marine players so supplies should last longer.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Have any of you guys tried putting one of these Dreamforge Crusaders together yet? Specifically the 15mm one? Because holy poo poo. I am trying to put together what I think is a leg. it is connected with a mix of tiny tiny screws and glue. God help you if you glue the wrong spot. the leg has a ball joint, an elbow, a sliding joint, and another elbow. They all have to come together at once in a way that leaves all the joints free to move. And then you have to take it apart because you glued one bit in backward. Also, the printing on the instructions leave a lot to be desired, as everything just looks like a solid black shape.,

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I got one with my shipment of Soviets and I'm gonna put it together next week and it looks like fun lmao

That being said you can still get that box of 31 dudes for $3.75 and you basically get three guardsmen squads and one character and it's such an amazing deal that I'm going to post the link again because it's probably one of the last times you'll be able to get that box in print

https://dreamforge-games.com/collections/wargames-factory-products/products/wgf-w2003-wwii-russian-infantry-28mm

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

You know, I was hyped for an AdMech flyer but the more I look at this thing the more I dislike it.

I know that they have a retro future atompunk style aesthetic, I love the Onagers and Ironstriders and I even kinda like the Kastelans, but they leaned into the retro a bit too much for the Skorpius tanks and now this is definitely too much. I wasn't gonna get a Skorpius even though the rules were good because I thought the model didn't fit, and this model definitely doesn't fit. It doesn't make sense for the masters of technology to be cranking out Vulture gunships and Stormtalons, but for their own armies they use this janky rear end Da Vinci flappy ornithopter. I can't see why it would be advantageous to have this over an actual gunship, and that's the immersion breaking part for me.

Why does it have wings and a tailfin? Why does it have legs?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

goose willis posted:

I got one with my shipment of Soviets and I'm gonna put it together next week and it looks like fun lmao

That being said you can still get that box of 31 dudes for $3.75 and you basically get three guardsmen squads and one character and it's such an amazing deal that I'm going to post the link again because it's probably one of the last times you'll be able to get that box in print

https://dreamforge-games.com/collections/wargames-factory-products/products/wgf-w2003-wwii-russian-infantry-28mm

I am in luck! I found a TWELVE PART VIDEO on how to assemble it.

Seriously thinking of grabbing this even though I never plan on playing IG

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 30, 2019

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Boing posted:

You know, I was hyped for an AdMech flyer but the more I look at this thing the more I dislike it.

I know that they have a retro future atompunk style aesthetic, I love the Onagers and Ironstriders and I even kinda like the Kastelans, but they leaned into the retro a bit too much for the Skorpius tanks and now this is definitely too much. I wasn't gonna get a Skorpius even though the rules were good because I thought the model didn't fit, and this model definitely doesn't fit. It doesn't make sense for the masters of technology to be cranking out Vulture gunships and Stormtalons, but for their own armies they use this janky rear end Da Vinci flappy ornithopter. I can't see why it would be advantageous to have this over an actual gunship, and that's the immersion breaking part for me.

People are running around attacking gunmen with swords and this is the last straw?

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

People are running around attacking gunmen with swords and this is the last straw?

Yeah but swords are cool and this thing is just clowny as gently caress

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Boing posted:

Agreed this goofy flyer sucks but that last transport tank thing they got was and is cool as hell.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
I’ll have to see exactly how it’s worded but if you can slap the “d3 MW if you kill a model” on a Hive Tyrant a twin Devourers it will just dumpster infantry. It’s essentially a free one or two Smites per turn depending on your target selection which is pretty nice. It also might not be terrible on Exocrines as well to crack some tougher units with invulns if they fail a few.

It’s going to take a bit to figure out what the best new options are. Nids didn’t really get anything broken but I’m liking the variety.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Boing posted:

Nah the birdplane loving rules actually

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

PierreTheMime posted:

You know, I like this as a theme for the Tyranids. The more attention (CP) the Hive Mind pays to a particular engagement, the harder the 'Nids fight. Logical and thematic, and it encourages the kind of force that one expects from the 'Nids, lots of little bugs led by big bugs.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
The subscription tabletoptactics.tv guys have a game up right now using new PA and CA, blood angels vs nids. 1 month is cheap, they're good folks.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Copied from reddit :

quote:

These are the changes i could find for CSM from D6Evolutions CA2019-review (everything relative to the points in the new CSM codex):

Units:

DP with Wings 155 (-15)

Dark Apostle 72 (-28)

Master of Executions 60 (-10)

Master of Possession 80 (-10)

Sorcerer 80 (-10)

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour 100 (-2)

Sorcerer with Jump Pack 108 (-4)

Cultists 4 (-1)

Chaos Space Marines 11 (-2)

Chosen 12 (-2)

Fallen 11 (-3)

Greater Possessed 60 (-10)

Khorn Berserkers 15 (-1)

Noise Marines 13 (-2)

Possessed 17 (-3)

Terminators 23 (-3)

Chaos Spawn 20 (-5)

Warp Talons 9 (-3)

Noctilith Crown 80 (-20)

Chaos Land Raider 180 (-20)

Chaos Predator 85 (-5)

Forgefiend 80 (-20)

Maulerfiend 110 (-10)

Obliterators 95 (-20)

Venomcrawler 115 (-15)

Chaos Rhino 65 (-5)

Khorn Lord of Skulls 315 (-65)

Plaguebearers 8 (+1)

Abaddon 210 (-30)

Fabius Bile 80 (-10)

Haarken 92 (-23)

Weapons:

Balaflamer 20 (-10)

Blastmaster 12 (-8)

Daemongore cannon 50 (-21)

Hades gatling cannon 90 (-94)

Heldrake claws 0 (-17)

Ichor cannon 25 (-33)

Inferno Boltgun 0 (-2)

Magma cutter 6 (-10)

Skullhurler 60 (-38)

Warpflamer 8 (-2)

Helbrutefist 20/30 (-10/-10)

Lightning claws 6/10 (-2/-2)

Power scourge 25 (-10)

Thunder hammer (character) 40 (+19)

Please tell me if i got anything wrong or missed something

edit: Inferno Bolters; Heldrake claws

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

goose willis posted:

But guys guys aren't you all amped about the Baal Super Laserfucker Megatank with forty lascannons and the ability to re-roll charges with superfucker tank treads that deal 3d6 mortal wounds on a 2+ roll because you're a faction Games Workshop cares about so they need to keep providing you with overpowered units to keep you buying things to kill the NPC factions with and you have to paint it red so that people can't confuse you with ultramarines or whatever

honk honk hoooonk

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Boing posted:

I might be totally off here but I think a sufficiently advanced ornithopter would be crazy maneuverable. Just think of what you'd seen birds do on a whim.

The legs are a little over-anthropomorphic for me but it's very Dune.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
You’re overthinking the design. The ship is grav-powered but Cawl dug up old DaVinci scans and wanted to show off. “Heh, guys look what I just thought up. Totally original do not steal. :smug:

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

I might be totally off here but I think a sufficiently advanced ornithopter would be crazy maneuverable. Just think of what you'd seen birds do on a whim.

The legs are a little over-anthropomorphic for me but it's very Dune.

That's exactly what I was thinking as well. Birds are like 10 times better than any other flying technology that's been developed.

Plus the admech also have a weird beastmaster vibe to their vehicles where they all move like creatures from the natural world. Spider tank, ostrich fast attack, etc.

It's extremely cool imo

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I’m super happy the stompa was dropped 50 points because now that makes it completely viable :jerkbag:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1ye8LabGs

So the last news update for Open Day is that we're getting a proper trailer for the Angels of Death for the LVO Warhammer preview next year. Along with a bunch of other animation teasers as well.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If every piece of the flying surfaces is vectorable like that looks than yeah, it would be way more maneuverable than the empires flying bricks.

It also rules. Love the revolver bomb bay.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
Following CA 2019 are Grey knights still rubbish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
They're... better. Could still use with a full rework, as with Necrons, but at least the GK got some hefty points drops.