Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

This is the most adorable goddamn strip in the whole comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I wonder who V is Sending to.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
d'awwwwww :3:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I wonder who V is Sending to.

That's incredibly obvious

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Nice strip, cute that they remembered the Sphinx Pox.

As for KoDT, it's kinda surreal to hear that a strip about some dorks playing D&D morphed into a 30 year epic.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
IIRC they once announced that they were hiring a real artist to draw KODT and were immediately inundated with angry letters demanding they do no such thing.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ikanreed posted:

Their ex or O-Chul?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ZearothK posted:

Their ex or O-Chul?

V’s master is also a fairly plausible suggestion, considering that they’ve learned not to be too proud to ask for help... Or just to give their master a courtesy “things are about to go down, you might not want to be here when it does” call.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

ikanreed posted:

Blackwing is making a booty call

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drat it now nobody can speculate about Sphinx pox anymore

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pope Guilty posted:

IIRC they once announced that they were hiring a real artist to draw KODT and were immediately inundated with angry letters demanding they do no such thing.
grognards.txt

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I can't believe there's any speculation at all.

1. V very clearly learned that durkon prepares sending daily to talk to his family
2. They're asking blackwing for editing advice so it's not some strategic communication, which v would feel very confident about doing on their own
3. It's not their master, who has never been story relevant.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ikanreed posted:

I can't believe there's any speculation at all.

1. V very clearly learned that durkon prepares sending daily to talk to his family
2. They're asking blackwing for editing advice so it's not some strategic communication, which v would feel very confident about doing on their own
3. It's not their master, who has never been story relevant.
Oh, it's O-Chul!

:j:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The last strip in the book will be posted Monday. Bets on what it'll be? 10 gp says Xykon discovering the final gate.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I love seeing that Roy still has that bag full of critters, and seeing them tuck him into bed was very cute. Elan, Minrah, and Belkar's story time session is also cute. This silly webcomic is the best.

Now i'm ready to see something less wholesome and check in on Team Evil!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's gotta be pretty emotional for Rich, this thing's been going on so long and this is the last book end until it's all over.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Llab posted:

I love seeing that Roy still has that bag full of critters, and seeing them tuck him into bed was very cute. Elan, Minrah, and Belkar's story time session is also cute. This silly webcomic is the best.

Now i'm ready to see something less wholesome and check in on Team Evil!

Oh, I thought they were robbing him :v:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Nenonen posted:

Blackwing is making a booty call

He does like a strong therapod role model.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It could also be Hinjo; we’ve been told the three groups keep in touch via regular sendings. Odds are it’s O-Chul, though, which would allow the last strip to be a stinger about whatever Team Evil is up to.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The last strip in the book will be posted Monday. Bets on what it'll be? 10 gp says Xykon discovering the final gate.

I think that's pretty likely. If not that, then another mysterious thing happening with the rift.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Is the implications that Roy still has the disease, or was that just a cute gag?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

McCloud posted:

Is the implications that Roy still has the disease, or was that just a cute gag?

durkon would not forget to cure the party leader, the comic strip is telling every one of us that we can stop thinking about sphinx pox

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I thought V was sending a message on behalf of Blackwing.

And I thought Roy barfed into the critter bag, and they had to evacuate.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

dmboogie posted:

durkon would not forget to cure the party leader, the comic strip is telling every one of us that we can stop thinking about sphinx pox

Hey now, we only saw that one crew member getting cured. Anything could still happen!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Check in on Xykon and the Paladins, reveal that the gate was inside the Kraagor statue all along.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

McCloud posted:

Roy's drunk.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It could also be Hinjo; we’ve been told the three groups keep in touch via regular sendings. Odds are it’s O-Chul, though, which would allow the last strip to be a stinger about whatever Team Evil is up to.

No, it's v's former partner. This really is extremely clear.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Schwarzwald posted:

I think that's pretty likely. If not that, then another mysterious thing happening with the rift.

Or else Xykon about to go into "the last door with no mark on it".

Which will, for dramatic reasons, actually be the one with the gate in it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Shugojin posted:

Or else Xykon about to go into "the last door with no mark on it".

Which will, for dramatic reasons, actually be the one with the gate in it.

Remember that the monster in the dark has been marking extra doors. It would be kind of a let down if that didn't come to something.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Facebook Aunt posted:

Remember that the monster in the dark has been marking extra doors. It would be kind of a let down if that didn't come to something.

50% :thejoke: 50% I think it's still fine as a measure of the monster's growth as a thinking being with independent desires.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

xiw posted:

I was picking up the PDF collections for a while - they mostly lost me with an incredibly long and boring MMO digression and then bringing in a Lorraine Williams expy to explain how D&D4e was bad because women like it.

this is 2017

so many words

When was the abortion story arc?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Duodecimal posted:

I thought V was sending a message on behalf of Blackwing.

This is what's happening. Blackwing's holding the quill and the pergament and giving V orders. V has finally become B's elven familiar :cool:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cuntellectual posted:

so many words

When was the abortion story arc?

I am not aware of there ever having been one but I haven't read regularly since around 2010

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
it's a joke about :cadfan:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

KoDT is the one thing I haven't seen a loss of. Should be doable, every character has a panel somewhere where their head is down weeping

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Clearly it'd be banjo/blackwing.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

sebmojo posted:

No, it's v's former partner. This really is extremely clear.

I don't disagree with the signs seen in the strip before my eyes here but I thought sometime in the desert arc V swore he would let them go, because the divorce was obviously justified, and he didn't deserve them, and any effort to fix it would have to wait until the quest was over. Or something like that.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

SuperKlaus posted:

I don't disagree with the signs seen in the strip before my eyes here but I thought sometime in the desert arc V swore he would let them go, because the divorce was obviously justified, and he didn't deserve them, and any effort to fix it would have to wait until the quest was over. Or something like that.

They did, but they were also being dramatic and self-flagellating. It's possible that in the time since they've realised that just silently signing divorce papers without actually explaining anything is actually completely in keeping with them not caring, and wants to try to do better than just abandoning them again.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I hope V and her family have a happy ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I hope V's writing a letter that explains and apologized but doesn't use it as an excuse, or ask to be taken back. Also an offer to pay child support. That would show real growth.