Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ethan mad because nobody even wants to pirate his stuff.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/11/28/dc-comics-batman-poster-china-controversy/

Lol the complaints were a real stretch but as expected the company caved. Gotta' defend those sweet sweet Chinese box office takes.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Libraries pay for books, and not just a one time fee! Sheesh.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I loving knew that when the Mandalorian introduced a female character, Ethan would flip the gently caress out. I KNEW it.

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1200350370976976897?s=20

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

E the Shaggy posted:

I loving knew that when the Mandalorian introduced a female character, Ethan would flip the gently caress out. I KNEW it.

Those comments...geez.

edit: lol at "episode bad and boring because woman" comments.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Hasn't she been in the advertising since the show started to be promoted?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Yes, it was not a surprise that she was gonna show up. that makes their reaction dumber.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I haven't watched The Mandalorian yet-- although I've heard generally good stuff-- but did it really go four episodes without having a woman in it in any significant capacity? That seems like the wildest part of this.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Archyduchess posted:

I haven't watched The Mandalorian yet-- although I've heard generally good stuff-- but did it really go four episodes without having a woman in it in any significant capacity? That seems like the wildest part of this.

No. There have only been maybe six major characters so far in the show and two are women. There’s Cara in the most recent episode and past episodes have featured a Mandalorian armorsmith who also functions as the de facto leader of a Mando enclave.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Big Mean Jerk posted:

No. There have only been maybe six major characters so far in the show and two are women. There’s Cara in the most recent episode and past episodes have featured a Mandalorian armorsmith who also functions as the de facto leader of a Mando enclave.

Ok cool, I was thinking "that would be nuts" and I'm glad I was overthinking it. I know I should just rip the bandaid off and watch it because it sounds pretty cool but I'm in grading purgatory right now and haven't made it out to visit anyone with Disney+ lately.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Archyduchess posted:

Ok cool, I was thinking "that would be nuts" and I'm glad I was overthinking it. I know I should just rip the bandaid off and watch it because it sounds pretty cool but I'm in grading purgatory right now and haven't made it out to visit anyone with Disney+ lately.

I mean in fairness there really haven’t been any major characters except Mando and the baby because there’s so little dialogue in each episode. Cara is also going to be a larger part of the show going forward and the show itself is still putting all the pieces together. This is the first real episode that’s felt like more than just part of a pilot.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i havent watched ep 4 yet but yeah theres only like 4 characters (including mando) with any dialogue longer than 2 sentences in the first 3 eps so it definitely doesnt feel like a misogyny thing. i think ming-na wen is supposed to be in s1 as a main character somewhere down the line as well

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

She's in like 2 scenes. Yes there are more than zero women in the show, but it's loving disingenuous to pretend it prominently features any women at all. Part of that is the only prominent character is Baby Yoda.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
having just finished ep 4 which has two women as its main characters (cara's in a lot more than 2 scenes??) along with mando im not terribly worried about it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

At some point Ming-Na Wen's gonna show up as well, but I haven't a clue if it's just going to be a walk-on scene. Mainly I'm happy for the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars trifecta.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

having just finished ep 4 which has two women as its main characters (cara's in a lot more than 2 scenes??) along with mando im not terribly worried about it

They're saying the Armorer is only in two scenes which is pretty true.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would pay actual money to watch EVS get his rear end kicked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, haven't seen the new episode yet. The Armorer barely shows up and mostly exists so the Mandalorian can ignore her advice/orders. And that's fine by itself, the main character ignoring the advice/orders of their boss is a staple of movies and tv in general and Star Wars in particular.

But loving do better, have more women in ancillary parts, almost every other prestige show I can think of had more women in it within the first episodes.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Armorer and the two women in this new episode are the only competent people in the show, besides the hermit.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

i havent watched ep 4 yet but yeah theres only like 4 characters (including mando) with any dialogue longer than 2 sentences in the first 3 eps so it definitely doesnt feel like a misogyny thing. i think ming-na wen is supposed to be in s1 as a main character somewhere down the line as well

Yeah, and when Wen joins WATCH OUT. This female character is also AN ASIAN so the infection will be complete I guess.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, haven't seen the new episode yet. The Armorer barely shows up and mostly exists so the Mandalorian can ignore her advice/orders.

That... isn’t true at all though? The only thing that comes close is when she suggests a certain animal for his signet and he declines because it wasn’t a clean kill. Other than that he’s treated her with complete respect and her role in the enclave is treated with reverence.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Imagine a WOMAN FIGHTING IN STAR WARS!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

oh the armorer. whoops

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

E the Shaggy posted:

Posted at 3:46 am.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1200578207331880960

It's almost like Ethan just, say, touring around for some outrage.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
when does he cut the head off a baby yoda doll

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

E the Shaggy posted:

Imagine a WOMAN FIGHTING IN STAR WARS!

Now name a second one in that trilogy.

edit: to clarify this is a dig at Star Wars, not an agreement with CHUDs.

gently caress I forgot about Mon Mothma okay a third onenever mind

ryonguy fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 30, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ryonguy posted:

Now name a second one in that trilogy.

edit: to clarify this is a dig at Star Wars, not an agreement with CHUDs.

gently caress I forgot about Mon Mothma okay a third one

Show a clip of Mon Mothma firing a gun. Or someone saying her name.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Billy Dee Williams uses he and she pronouns does that count?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
r2-d2

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't know how cis or trans apply to robots, but r2d2 and c3p0 are obviously gay male lovers

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Wish these people would take the hint that everything they think is wrong and that they are the bad people.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

hadji murad posted:

Wish these people would take the hint that everything they think is wrong and that they are the bad people.

You can tell some are struggling with it and are confused because they love the new show but youtube man is saying sjw's woman bad so they dunno what the gently caress. And I find it hilarious.

Hopefully a few will have a "are we the baddies?" moment, but it's probably gonna be the mental gymnastics Olympics this whole next month.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ryonguy posted:

gently caress I forgot about Mon Mothma okay a third onenever mind
Does the Twilek that tries to escape from Jabba count?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Imagine misunderstanding and lying about how libraries operate so hard that they have to take time out to calmly explain what an idiot/rear end in a top hat you are.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Retro Futurist posted:

Billy Dee Williams,s is the fuckig best.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Retro Futurist posted:

I didn't know that and now my day is a bit better.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edit: Nah.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/OwlPunker/status/1200731459234992128