Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder what kind of monster the Emperor could defeat unaided by machines. When he made the mask that calculated power level, and the power level not taking in consideration any special abilities, he assumed he was very weak but his number showed up as higher than most of the other lower heroes.

At this point it looks like his raw reflexes alone are higher than the three Samurai disciples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
IIRC earlier someone mentions Child Emperor can take on a bear, unarmed, so hes got to be pretty tough

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CharlestonJew posted:

IIRC earlier someone mentions Child Emperor can take on a bear, unarmed, so hes got to be pretty tough

Please even I could beat a beat if it didn’t have arms

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

thetoughestbean posted:

You are the Mumen Rider of comedy. Wholesome, but ineffective.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

thetoughestbean posted:

bears don't have arms :smug:

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Nice piece of fish posted:

Battlestar Galactica

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 16, 2019

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The hero stances, the two page spread. Oh my this chapter is beautiful.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

CharlestonJew posted:

bears don't have arms :smug:

so much for the right to bear arms

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Suspicious Lump posted:

The hero stances, the two page spread. Oh my this chapter is beautiful.
Child Emperor even did a superhero landing. :hellyeah:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
That 2page spread :allears:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1199588075204042752

RIP English releases

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't recognize anyone on the top right except for Metal Bat's sister Zenko.

Are the chicks on the top the Hero Association staff?

EDIT: Also don't recognize the chick between Mizuki and Tatsumaki.

RE-EDIT: Oh that's Tanktop Girl.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 27, 2019

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

There are only 3 chicks that matter

The two esper sisters and the olympian waifu

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
ahaha Mizuki has boltons. that's pretty accurate for an ultra athlete.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ninja woman still wearing the mask is a good gag.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Chapter

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I'm not a fan of these Child Emperor fights. Pretty cool to see people's previous ranks though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

ahaha Mizuki has boltons. that's pretty accurate for an ultra athlete.

What are boltons?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
lol at that announcement page with them getting passive-aggressive at Viz. Y'all are barely competent at this to begin with I don't think you have any room to shittalk an official release.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

lol at that announcement page with them getting passive-aggressive at Viz. Y'all are barely competent at this to begin with I don't think you have any room to shittalk an official release.
Yeah it's funny to have them try and throw shade at the official release with completely inoffensive translations in the same chapter that they have Saitama say he's "tone deaf when it comes to directions" as if that's something anyone has ever said. 方向音痴 does translate directly to "direction + tone deaf" but you don't get to take the translator high ground when you lack that amount of common sense.

Otherwise, pretty decent chapter. Didn't do much for me but it had good art. Seconding the lack of interest in Child Emperor and his fights, they have cute moments but I have no investment. At least last time Phoenixman was amusing, but evil water filled with fish? C'mon.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Don't you dare shittalk my boy Evil Natural Water.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

finally, the most deadly opponent of all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enb0zWbYUik

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

Don't you dare shittalk my boy Evil Natural Water.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Maybe Evil Natural Water is better later on and y'all know due to the webcomic but as it stands now in the manga it's just overpowered water and I won't budge on that til it develops. :colbert:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Can't believe the disrespect being shown toward Normal Water Except Bad.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
The later reveal of evil natural water’s origin being an expired pallet of Fiji water really illustrates the character’s backstory as some water that went bad

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

It's a puddle of water with two floating eyes that has evil fish swimming inside.

It rules.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It's full of fish oil now, does that make it more or less natural water?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Evil Natural Water(TM) By Nestle.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Evil Natural Oil

*Remaining monster association destroyed by US airstrikes*

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Is this the first time a chapter has interrupted the story to provide background info mid-issue? I feel like usually these tangents are standalone bonus chapters.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Bucswabe posted:

Is this the first time a chapter has interrupted the story to provide background info mid-issue? I feel like usually these tangents are standalone bonus chapters.

This was in the webcomic as well. Not sure if it's the first time though.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I guess Saitama isn't the first newbie to come out of nowhere and completely annihilate the strongest monsters in existence

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
It never really occured to me that Genos still thinks that King is legit. It's pretty amusing that Saitama never let him in on the secret!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Also his complete faith in his master. Not even "these monsters might even give Saitama a hard time!" just a "I wonder if sensei has brutally and effortlessly murdered them all yet".

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

What are boltons?
fake boobs.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bolt%20ons

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

Oh bolt-ons

fuckin

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Why do Mizuki's boobs look any faker than any other ridiculously proportioned anime lady

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Nanigans posted:

Why do Mizuki's boobs look any faker than any other ridiculously proportioned anime lady

An assload of projection and prejudice, coupled with a withering sense of decency demanding some justification for intently staring at titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I mean, Tank Top Master and Puri Puri Prisoner are both really sculpted and defined despite clearly both going for pure strength (as opposed to Darkshine's clearly caring about looking as cut as possible), so if men in this universe that achieve superhuman strength can adhere to an ideal of masculine beauty rather than Strongest Man competition barrels on legs, I don't see why Mizuki can't look like a greek goddess, all-natural impressive boobs and all, in turn.

This is a universe where bodies can be extremely malleable based on intent and mindset and psychology and so forth, to the point where people turn into monsters, after all, so it makes perfect sense to me.