Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1197913243173433345?s=20

CR has the extra episodes :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8rqrPn1YQo

first pv of the anime adaptation of the excellent renaissance painter manga arte. doesn't look as good as the manga, but that can't be expected

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it doesnt look as good as the manga but taken on its own, i still like the artstyle. good use of lighting and the characters are pretty expressive.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

man stars align is so good, easily my favorite of the season along with chihayafuru

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm frankly disappointed that the Special 7 writers didn't manage to work in the number 8.5 into the title of next week's clipshow episode.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://youtu.be/-PxH7dIhBy4

Lol cgi

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
looks good. also i had to do a double take when i read
WRITTEN AND PRODUCED BY
SKRILLEX

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Finally, a gritty reboot of Exosquad

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

which PS3 game is this

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Not enough High Score Girl chat in this thread. You know for a thing labeled Popular, you'd think there'd be more discussion. Latest episodes like the previous ones, have been pretty good.

Especially spending a quarter of the episode to a Jeffry Mcwild music video.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It's in netflix jail, so the only way to watch it is :filez:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This week's ep of Stars Align had a surprisingly earnest conversation about transgenderism and other LGBTQ issues with regards to internal confusion, uncertainty, and depression. It's good to see more media acknowledging these real issues people face and talking about it in an open light.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
This new season of Psycho Pass seems to directly contradict a lot of the first two--notably, the fact that Sibyl no longer seems as powerful and all-encompassing as before--but I'm definitely enjoying it for what it is. The new protagonists took a little while to grow on me, but its done a good job of developing them, while also teasing out their connection to Akane and whatever happened to her. I will say that Arata's "empathy" is basically just magic tho.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 1, 2019

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mordja posted:

This new season of Psycho Pass seems to directly contradict a lot of the first two

That's sticking to the trend; the second season contradicts a lot of the first!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/Haikyuu_EN/status/1200373636672217090?s=20

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
get hype for golem dad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9_yJOhyp0

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

next season looks stacked but that's definitely the one i'm most looking forward to

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

How many Dad's are there now? Sword Dad is definetly one.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

doomrider7 posted:

How many Dad's are there now? Sword Dad is definetly one.

sword dad
golem dad
spy dad
peerless dad

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Don't forget Cyborg Dad.

Which this looks strangely similar to, just fantasy instead.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Ranzear posted:

Don't forget Cyborg Dad.

Which this looks strangely similar to, just fantasy instead.

Which one is this?

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

No Guns Life

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dads for days.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Floops for days.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I has a bodybuilding martian robot dad (as in he is the dad of a robot, he's not a robot himself).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I like No Guns Life, but they BADLY need to replace whoever is doing the english subtitles for it.

Last week's ep was pretty great though; Army going in for a cheap kill, just to trigger a self-defence protocol. Oops :allears:. Though that does mean that whatever a Gun Slave Unit operating with a Hand looks like is even worse...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I has a bodybuilding martian robot dad (as in he is the dad of a robot, he's not a robot himself).

can confirm this is a good dad

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I like No Guns Life, but they BADLY need to replace whoever is doing the english subtitles for it.

Last week's ep was pretty great though; Army going in for a cheap kill, just to trigger a self-defence protocol. Oops :allears:. Though that does mean that whatever a Gun Slave Unit operating with a Hand looks like is even worse...
I agree. It's time companies stopped contracting Crunchyroll

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Elephant Parade posted:

I agree. It's time companies stopped contracting Crunchyroll

Watch the first 2-3 episodes again. The quality of dialogue takes a massive hit between episodes around there to fan-sub quality. It also suddenly goes from "Juuzo" to "Juzo".

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i quite like fansubs, often better than the official ones in my opinion

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

:same:

I’ve been praying for UTW to come back and do fate

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Watch the first 2-3 episodes again. The quality of dialogue takes a massive hit between episodes around there to fan-sub quality. It also suddenly goes from "Juuzo" to "Juzo".
Trust me, this problem isn't unique to No Guns Life

Davincie posted:

:yeah:

imo any half-decent fansub is better than the official sub, partially by virtue of being able to sub songs. bad fansubs are bad, but you can always just not watch those

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Davincie posted:

Haven't checked S2 yet, but the S1 fansubs for High Score Girl did a lot of really useful work.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i dropped the show after those four or so eps and would be willing to attribute the issue to the writing just being bad

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
What's especially bad are the HiDive subs on VRV. If there's a sign on screen, they often completely omit several lines of dialogue until the sign goes away.

I had to start :filez:ing Machikado Mazoku just to have something watchable.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Davincie posted:

The people who were in it for the money are just ripping Crunchyroll etc now, so the only fansubs left are by actual fans that want proper subs.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Tamba posted:

The people who were in it for the money are just ripping Crunchyroll etc now, so the only fansubs left are by actual fans that want proper subs.

ppl who say this always be ignoring the huge Netflix-shaped elephant in the room.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I live in SEA which has its own anime streaming stuff (on Youtube for free no less) and their subbing ain't bad outside of not translating the occasional common anime term which sometimes sticks out.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

I live in SEA

Are you a mermaid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bloop bloop bloop

(South East Asia :v: )