Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

CubanMissile posted:

lol at being so boring you’ve never been playfully bitten by your so.

ew he's gross tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hanales posted:

That’s his wife, he’s being playful 🤷🏻‍♂️

LIES!!! WHERE HAS JOE -THE D.C CANNIBAL- BIDEN BURIED ALL THE BONES OF THE PEOPLE HE'S EATEN???

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Strange Poon posted:

is there any context to that biden clip or is his brain just cat food

I'll be honest, if my wife was waving her finger around in front of my face I'd probably do something like that just to gently caress with her. Not all old people have dementia.

Biden isn't my favorite candidate but it's pretty clear he's just having fun with his wife here. He's just a goofy dude.

alpha_destroy posted:

I'm not Jewish, so maybe I'm dumb and wrong, but I've been told that the animosity toward the pharisee is one of the roots of anti-Semitism among Christians. So yeah. Anyway, gently caress Falwell and co.

In the Bible, I am pretty sure that only one of the four books of the Gospel portrays the Pharisees in an adversarial light. IIRC, some scholars believe Matthew was written at a time when the Christian Jews were in conflict with Pharisaic sects. According to several of the books, Nicodemus, a Pharisee, helps to entomb Jesus at great personal risk to himself. Another good example of Christians not understanding their own books.

SchrodingersCat fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 1, 2019

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

CubanMissile posted:

lol at being so boring you’ve never been playfully bitten by your so.

From a guy whose campaign (and, like whole political career) have been partially defined by ‘weird and troubling sense of propriety,’ doing it on-stage while she is speaking doesn’t really help

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can we talk about the other video where Biden tells a story about how kids love to pet his blonde leg hair in the pool and it goes up and down(?)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Agreed.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

tgacon posted:

From a guy whose campaign (and, like whole political career) have been partially defined by ‘weird and troubling sense of propriety,’ doing it on-stage while she is speaking doesn’t really help

I don't think Joe Biden is a sex predator, but I absolutely believe he is a weird dude with no sense of personal space or propriety. Personally, I'd rather have a playful, weird, creepy-Uncle President than President Worms-For-Brains. These are the choices we get to make in Hellworld.

Edit: If you actually listen to the clip, he's on a weird tangent about how his kids used to marvel at how his long leg hairs would float around in the pool. My son sits on the couch and pulls at my leg hair. Kids are loving weird. Whoever transcribed what he says makes him sound retarded, but if you speak English and listen to the clip it makes sense. It's just weird.

SchrodingersCat fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 1, 2019

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
A little late to automatic car chat but one of my main concerns with it is things like hacking. Cyber security (or the lack of it) is fast moving arms race of sorts and I can easily see a scenario where people figure our how to hack and steal these vehicles. Or just disable their functionality entirely.

And I don't remember who said that tellers aren't being phased out but they absolutely are and most banks I see now have eliminated drive up tellers entirely. I think it's weird that fast food places have kiosks when there a cashier RIGHT there too. For some reason, self check out lines don't seem all that popular either.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Is this him admitting to having homosexual encounters?

Because if so that’s a plus

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

SchrodingersCat posted:

Personally, I'd rather have a playful, weird, creepy-Uncle President than President Worms-For-Brains. These are the choices we get to make in Hellworld.

I don't think it's really an either/or choice in the case of Biden.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

SchrodingersCat posted:

I'll be honest, if my wife was waving her finger around in front of my face I'd probably do something like that just to gently caress with her. Not all old people have dementia.

Biden isn't my favorite candidate but it's pretty clear he's just having fun with his wife here. He's just a goofy dude.

In the Bible, I am pretty sure that only one of the four books of the Gospel portrays the Pharisees in an adversarial light. IIRC, some scholars believe Matthew was written at a time when the Christian Jews were in conflict with Pharisaic sects. According to several of the books, Nicodemus, a Pharisee, helps to entomb Jesus at great personal risk to himself. Another good example of Christians not understanding their own books.

it's not that he's doing it that's weird it's that he's doing it at a campaign rally. anyway, im talking about the other clip, where he appears to be going on some weird anecdote.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
This kind of poo poo is why so many people don't vote in America. Biden is weird as hell but just because he has a D next to his name, people will come to defend him. For outsiders it's easy for them to go "both sides are the same, why bother to vote?"

It's just like how Trump once told a story about how he got a yacht with models at the Boy Scouts. It's just an anecdote.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Strange Poon posted:

it's not that he's doing it that's weird it's that he's doing it at a campaign rally. anyway, im talking about the other clip, where he appears to be going on some weird anecdote.

You guys realize that second clip is yet another part of the recycled clip from 2017 where he also talked about the whole "Corn Pop" rumble story right? That's not new.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Luckyellow posted:

This kind of poo poo is why so many people don't vote in America. Biden is weird as hell but just because he has a D next to his name, people will come to defend him. For outsiders it's easy for them to go "both sides are the same, why bother to vote?"

It's just like how Trump once told a story about how he got a yacht with models at the Boy Scouts. It's just an anecdote.

People don’t vote in America because they’re loving morons. I could go into depth about how almost every single election is decided by less than a few thousand votes but we know all of this already. The American does not and it is because they are, again, loving morons.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Luckyellow posted:

This kind of poo poo is why so many people don't vote in America. Biden is weird as hell but just because he has a D next to his name, people will come to defend him. For outsiders it's easy for them to go "both sides are the same, why bother to vote?".

I guess, for me, it's easier to identify with a candidate that has some personality instead of someone just trying to check progressive boxes but will just wallow around if they are elected. There is a difference between Biden telling a random weird anecdote about his kids and Trump telling a completely inappropriate self-aggrandizing story in front of a bunch of Boy Scouts.

It's why my main guy is Bernie. You can tell he believes in his platform from the bottom of his heart. That's also why I voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012.

It's also why I voted for Bush instead of Kerry in 2004. Kerry was fake as hell and 20 year old me didn't know how evil the Republicans were yet.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

i am harry posted:

People don’t vote in America because they’re loving morons. I could go into depth about how almost every single election is decided by less than a few thousand votes but we know all of this already. The American does not and it is because they are, again, loving morons.

OK. Voter suppression isn't a thing. Roger.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i am harry posted:

It's more a combination of voter suppression and giving people the choice between evil and lesser evil.

The most reliable voters are some of the dumbest hogs alive.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

i am harry posted:

There are a few other reasons underpinning lower voter turnout in the United States as well! Tentative solutions such as automatic voter registration through DMV's, making election day a national holiday (and strengthening labor laws so there was a bit more of an incentive for employers to give their employees time off on said days), and addressing gerrymandering have been floated about in this thread alone, and they don't even comprise a complete spectrum of all the things we could do to increase voter turnout. I, admittedly, don't have all the answers, but I can promise that the idiocy you perceive in the American electorate isn't the reason so few people vote.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

VH4Ever posted:

OK. Voter suppression isn't a thing. Roger.

Well of course it is but the participation numbers on off-presidential-election years hover around the 30%s.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i am harry posted:

Well of course it is but the participation numbers on off-presidential-election years hover around the 30%s.

"The United States has the lowest voter turnout of any industrialized nation on Earth. And listening to this debate here tonight the only question that comes to my mind is why 40 percent of the people bothered to vote? The previous speaker talked about 'two sides of the aisle'. I suggest that he was implying that there are basic differences of opinion. I think most Americans don't perceive that - they see one big aisle."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

^^^ well yeah the democrats sprinting right for the last 30 years hasn't helped anything

i am harry posted:

and there are several systemic factors which impact this that the GOP are strangely against addressing hmm wonder what it is oh well back to eating glue

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Is this a deep fake or something? Like what in the gently caress is this

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Groovelord Neato posted:

"The United States has the lowest voter turnout of any industrialized nation on Earth. And listening to this debate here tonight the only question that comes to my mind is why 40 percent of the people bothered to vote? The previous speaker talked about 'two sides of the aisle'. I suggest that he was implying that there are basic differences of opinion. I think most Americans don't perceive that - they see one big aisle."

I think what it's coming down to is a growing awareness that ours isn't a partisan struggle, but a class struggle. It's going to be a heck of a fight, no class has more solidarity than that occupied by billionaires!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

i am harry posted:

OK. Voter suppression is a thing every four years but magically vanishes every other time. Roger.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It looked pretty fuckin weird, idk wtf you guys watched.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Dammerung posted:

I think what it's coming down to is a growing awareness that ours isn't a partisan struggle, but a class struggle. It's going to be a heck of a fight, no class has more solidarity than that occupied by billionaires!

The billionaire class has done a good job of buying the government and dividing the citizenry. I personally think the fight is already over. I've been trying to get my wife to move to Canada or Europe for about three years now but she isn't buying it.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

SchrodingersCat posted:

The billionaire class has done a good job of buying the government and dividing the citizenry. I personally think the fight is already over. I've been trying to get my wife to move to Canada or Europe for about three years now but she isn't buying it.

Right. The billionaire class won't be in either of those places, good plan. :rolleyes:

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

SchrodingersCat posted:

I think that I agree with your wife on this one! Their reach is global and looking to become extraterrestrial. As hard and scary as it's gonna be to traverse it, the only path to a future for all is going to go right through them.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

Can we talk about the other video where Biden tells a story about how kids love to pet his blonde leg hair in the pool and it goes up and down(?)

I thought this was another goon fever dream post.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

VH4Ever posted:

Right. The billionaire class won't be in either of those places, good plan. :rolleyes:

You have looked at how things work in the US of late, yes? There are billionaires in other countries but other countries but the US is the center of corruption.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1201156235820752897

quote:

Controversial comedian Roseanne Barr — whose rebooted “Roseanne” TV series was cancelled after a racist attack on Twitter — is joining the lineup at an upcoming Trumpettes USA fete at Mar-a-Lago, The Palm Beach Post reported.

Barr will be a featured speaker at Donald Trump’s golf resort for the gala, which begins Feb. 1 and is organized by the president’s female supporters. The event is already sold out, the group noted on its Facebook page with a link to the newspaper story announcing Barr’s appearance. Donald Trump Jr. is also scheduled to attend. (Everyone attendee will receive a copy of his book.)

Trumpettes founder Toni Holt Kramer told The Palm Beach Post she was “thrilled” to have Barr. The Trumpettes are also expecting the president to be at his club that weekend.

“Roseanne is a really loyal Trump supporter. If there was ever anybody who really put their mouth on the line and said how much she loves the president, she is one of them,” Holt Kramer told the newspaper.

Holt Kramer told the Post: “I know Roseanne, and if I know somebody who is not racist, it’s certainly Roseanne.”

She said Barr was unjustly attacked after her tweet because “Hollywood is a very left, Democratic community. They want everybody to be on the left — and if you aren’t, you’re not going to work very often,” she added.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Noted celeb psycho to attend event with psychos to support a psycho where psycho junior will hand out copies of his psychotic book

i am harry posted:

I'm pretty sure the morons are the ones that do vote because every year there are millions that line up to vote R despite it being against their better interest. At least those that don't vote have reasons that do make sense like neither candidate appealing to them whereas Republicans vote "Anything but a dem"

SchrodingersCat posted:

You have looked at how things work in the US of late, yes? There are billionaires in other countries but other countries but the US is the center of corruption.

Oh you sweet summer child

Billionaires everywhere are lovely on pretty equal terms, my son

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 1, 2019

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

SchrodingersCat posted:

You.....need to read more non-American news sources.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BiggerBoat posted:

A little late to automatic car chat but one of my main concerns with it is things like hacking. Cyber security (or the lack of it) is fast moving arms race of sorts and I can easily see a scenario where people figure our how to hack and steal these vehicles. Or just disable their functionality entirely.

This already happened a few years ago as seen in the documentary The Fate of the Furious.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

VH4Ever posted:

OK. Voter suppression is a thing every four years but magically vanishes every other time. Roger.

In a world where voter suppression disappears we claw that 30% participation up to 32%.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

SchrodingersCat posted:

The US invading Canada to try and distract an angry populace due to climate change happens less if we win here.

If we don’t fight and beat them here, nowhere is safe.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Fallom posted:

In a world where voter suppression disappears we claw that 30% participation up to 32%.

Disenfranchised minorities and POC don't exist. Check.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Republicans will never stop being salty about not having any cool celebrities.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

SchrodingersCat posted:

Don’t expect any sympathy for posting thinly veiled “nothing matters” defeatism and or cowardice in here.

Though I get it, my wife and I are wanting kids and I’ve thought about what it would take to move to a country that had rational child care and paid leave policies if only for a few years.

But it’s a grass is greener on the other side perspective problem. The billionaires are just as bad over there as they are here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Holt Kramer told the Post: “I know Roseanne, and if I know somebody who is not racist, it’s certainly Roseanne.”
"If" doing a lot of heavy lifting there.