Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

They can probably buy their way out of the Citadel if they wanted to badly enough, but they'd need a partner willing to do the same with their own cupcake.

Well maybe not for next year since it's probably too late, but schools do wiggle out of scheduled non-con games now and then.

Isn't the Citadel/Furman/Wofford/Presbyterian stuff mandated by the state?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Isn't the Citadel/Furman/Wofford/Presbyterian stuff mandated by the state?

Oh they might be, I was just picking the lowest school on that list. Replace that with Akron if that's the case.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Adun posted:

Interesting thought exercise though if there were 5 P5 undefeated conference champions this year who would get left out?

Undefeated LSU
Undefeated Ohio State
Undefeated Clemson
Undefeated Oklahoma
Undefeated Utah

Out of those Clemson would have by far the weakest schedule?

That decision would come down to ratings draw rather than strength of schedule, and Utah is left out.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Alabama would have gotten blown out in the playoffs by more than they got blown out by last year and this is honestly a blessing in disguise

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol Dabo is such a baby back bitch just win out your poo poo schedule and they aren’t going to leave you out stop crying about disrespect you’ve won two loving titles in the playoff era go masturbate into your KJV bible some more you prosperity gospel dickhead

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1200937085999419392

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/AUGoldMine/status/1201197353060962305

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spaced God posted:

gently caress LSU

8 years and 56 million dollars to go.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

He passed away right at peak Auburn :911:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

8 years and 56 million dollars to go.

lol. He was a STEAL. They couldn’t afford NOT to hire him!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Let's look at the p5 champion contenders:

Wisconsin vs Ohio State:
tOSU is certainly in, even with a loss.
Wisconsin has no route in.

Clemson vs Virginia:
Clemson is probably in. Win and in, lose and may get dropped for another team.
Virginia has no route in

LSU vs Georgia
LSU is almost certainly in
Georgia is in with a win, lose and gone

Oklahoma vs Baylor
Winner is possibly in, loser stays home

Utah vs Oregon
Utah has a chance if they win
Oregon is an also ran at this point

So we can pretty much safely say LSU and tOSU are in. Clemson is going to be made the fall guy for going 12-1 on a weak schedule after what happened with Alabama last year if they don't beat Virginia.

Utah and the big 12 champ want Clemson to lose and LSU to win.

My take anyway :v:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

iospace posted:

Let's look at the p5 champion contenders:

Wisconsin vs Ohio State:
tOSU is certainly in, even with a loss.
Wisconsin has no route in.

Clemson vs Virginia:
Clemson is probably in. Win and in, lose and may get dropped for another team.
Virginia has no route in

LSU vs Georgia
LSU is almost certainly in
Georgia is in with a win, lose and gone

Oklahoma vs Baylor
Winner is possibly in, loser stays home

Utah vs Oregon
Utah has a chance if they win
Oregon is an also ran at this point

So we can pretty much safely say LSU and tOSU are in. Clemson is going to be made the fall guy for going 12-1 on a weak schedule after what happened with Alabama last year if they don't beat Virginia.

Utah and the big 12 champ want Clemson to lose and LSU to win.

My take anyway :v:

Everything else being equal, OU probably gets in over Utah because of fanbase/ratings? Not so sure in the case of Baylor.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

D.N. Nation posted:

UVA ranked wins since '95 FSU:

1999: #17 BYU, #7 Georgia Tech

So....yeah, easily. Best wins since that FSU upset are keeping Prime Mack Brown UNC out of a big bowl and beating Joe Hamilton, and both of those were a long long time ago.
Joe Hamilton was 20 years ago, my Freshman year there.

:corsair:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Zwabu posted:

Everything else being equal, OU probably gets in over Utah because of fanbase/ratings? Not so sure in the case of Baylor.

The committee has pretty consistently ranked Utah (and Oregon, before their second loss) above the Oklahoma and Baylor, so I don't think Utah gets jumped if they win unless it's really unconvincing and Oklahoma does a murder to Baylor.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

CannonFodder posted:

Joe Hamilton was 20 years ago, my Freshman year there.

:corsair:

God he was so loving good too.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Sugar Bowl selection committee is smacking their lips at the prospect of Bama/OU. Think of the narratives

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zwabu posted:

The committee has been very bullish regarding the pac 12 this year after years of criticism regarding that.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA opens as only a 6 point underdog to LSU which seems really generous. The article I saw on 247 didn’t say what the spread was but either Vegas believes in UGA’s defense or are still highly optimistic on our offense.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Yesterday Kentucky set their single game rushing record, their season total rushing yards record, and Lynn Bowden set the SEC record for most rushing yards by a QB. While Bowden and all the RBs have been amazing, huge credit to the O-line as well. Teams knew they were going to run the ball going into the game, and they still couldn't be stopped.

Also the defense has been amazing after losing Josh Allen and the entire secondary to the NFL. Top 10 passing defense and top 20 overall, and the longest streak in the nation of holding teams under 35 points.

Before the season I would have been happy with 7 wins, though I expected 8. To still get 7 after losing their top 3 QBs is more than enough to call this season a success. And even then they were a missed kick against Florida and one yard against Tennessee from 2 more wins.

Bowden should win the Hornung award and be 1st team All-American all purpose player, Max Duffy should win the Ray Guy award, and the offensive line should at least be considered for the top in the country.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i imagine the final decision regarding utah/ou will come down to who demolishes the competition more thoroughly in the championship game; if georgia wins then they and lsu are both probably in unless lsu gets straight up embarrassed and joe burrow gets hurt but otherwise it’s a pretty simple scenario unless they both blow out their opponents by a wide margin or they both lose

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

actually if they both lose you have 1 loss baylor so they probably get in so really the only problem scenario is if ou and utah look really really good

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Sugar Bowl selection committee is smacking their lips at the prospect of Bama/OU. Think of the narratives

Less so now that Tua won't be Bama's starting QB for the game. Hurts vs. Tua would've been pretty sweet.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Florida being ranked higher than Bama is completely my poo poo

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I don't think Joe Burrow will ever have to pay for a drink in the state of Louisiana

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1200954229453721600

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Franks announced he is leaving UF. Either transferring or to the draft per ESPN

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

vyst posted:

he was always mediocre

like my noles this year

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

vyst posted:

I wish him luck and a full recovery, but the guy's just not cut out to be a QB. I don't know whether he'd be better as a tight end. Maybe if he bulked up a bit more (he's already tall and muscular) and learned to catch he'd make it.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Sucks about Franks, but the offence was just better without him for one reason or another. Hopefully he goes somewhere else and gets paid.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
OU gets in over Utah because of "intangibles" and by that I mean a zillion viewers because this is a business.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't think the seeds are going to line up to make it work because OSU probably gets the 1 but OU/LSU would be a really fun game.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

I don't think the seeds are going to line up to make it work because OSU probably gets the 1 but OU/LSU would be a really fun game.

you could probably justify it as lsu getting a win over the #4 team is a lot more impressive than osu boat racing wisconsin for the second time this season

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I had to look up who Clemson was playing in the ACC Championship game.

If we imagine the ultimate Clemsoning that would be Virginia's biggest win since...1995 over #2 FSU?

It would be the biggest win in school history. The FSU #2 win was huge, but probably meant more for than the ACC as a whole than to UVA.

Hell Friday’s was one of the biggest ever. Finally beat a rival and clinch our first division title.

We are going to lose by 6 TDs on Saturday, and then skull hosed in the Orange Bowl. Couldn’t care less. Everything is just gravy at this point.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Happy Fire Tim Beck Day, everyone.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
disappointed if Franks stops playing college ball because then UGA loses a tackling dummy :smug:

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA opens as only a 6 point underdog to LSU which seems really generous. The article I saw on 247 didn’t say what the spread was but either Vegas believes in UGA’s defense or are still highly optimistic on our offense.

Game opened at LSU -3.5 and is now LSU -7.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

Sucks about Franks, but the offence was just better without him for one reason or another. Hopefully he goes somewhere else and gets paid.

Franks routinely couldn't make the easy throws, and was slow to get through his progressions.

If Jeff Driskel was able to rehab his reputation in the CUSA enough to get an NFL backup job, surely Feleipe Franks can do the same

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Lynn Bowden good

Objectively, in retrospect, I wish UK/UGA wasn't played in a monsoon and both teams acted like they just wanted to get out of there. Though shoot, even in an ignominious passing performance, Bowden still almost ran for 100 yards

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 2, 2019

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Proud Christian Mom posted:

OU gets in over Utah because of "intangibles" and by that I mean a zillion viewers because this is a business.

If the committee wants to take OU over Utah, then why have they consistently ranked Utah above OU? Why save the swerve for the last minute?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Something mentioned in passing on the Solid Verbal recap kinda jogged my memory: isn't there some weird quirk about the service academies having like JV squads or practice teams but like not in the way other schools would do it (maybe they play live games against lower-division schools or something)? What am I trying to remember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

If the committee wants to take OU over Utah, then why have they consistently ranked Utah above OU? Why save the swerve for the last minute?

gotta drive ratings for the Playoff Announcement Special