Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hitting $250M is going to bring them under a lot more scrutiny. It is sort of a magic number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hitting $250M is going to bring them under a lot more scrutiny. It is sort of a magic number.

you'd imagine that 249 million would be enough for scrutiny

marumaru
May 20, 2013

star citizen is the least unfinished and least bugged game

e:

please invest

e:

how do these people not see that this is a problem

e:

e:

the bugginess of this game cannot be overstated

elevator in the ship bugged and trapped me inside it

marumaru fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 1, 2019

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Beet Wagon posted:

This ship 110% only exists because someone showed Chris the "procedural" shops tech for the R&R station that they were talking about a while ago and he thought it was the most amazing thing he had ever seen.

Just loving :laffo: if you're giving CIG money for this half-baked piece of poo poo

How many of these limited edition "mallrat" carriers were up for sale this time?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Inacio posted:

the bugginess of this game cannot be overstated

They should just embrace it, not fix the bugs, and make it like a Dead Space horror game.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

A red siren is going off somewhere in a basement, alerting Joe Blobbers.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Agony Aunt posted:

The citizens have really let me down. They should have funded more.

Can we let Derek back in for a few days? We need some powerful spite pledges for me to win the contest.

We could, like, limit him to only one doxx per hour.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

Mind you, since 2012, videogames have developed some incredible wet body physics.

God bless DOAX.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bofast posted:

I don't even get why there would be two marketplaces. One is weird enough on a ship, but a private marketplace, as well? Are the shop owner NPCs just going to stand around all day in case the owner of the Kraken wants to go shopping without risking contact with whatever plebs may currently be on his ship? :psyduck:

By private marketplace they mean player-shop marketplace. There are 8 npc shops and 2 pc shops in the ship.

The idea is that there are some Germans somewhere whose idea of fun is to tend to a shop in the middle of a ship in the middle of nowhere. Seems like a sure bet.

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

For $250 million CI could have funded a new sports areana to put those goalposts.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

If I was a VP of marketting for CIG and the BBC came knocking, I'd probably go into hiding.

Oh, wait!! :D

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Please tell me they had a reporter at the con.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is the worst one of these they've done yet. You can tell whoever was writing this really didn't give a gently caress anymore, their Jeremy Clarkson impression is just god-awful.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

quote:

#StarCitizen is the dream of every space nerd
Yeah, dream, not reality.

quote:

and is delivering faster and better content every quarter.
Every quarter of what? Century? Billion of dollars?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

By private marketplace they mean player-shop marketplace. There are 8 npc shops and 2 pc shops in the ship.

The idea is that there are some Germans somewhere whose idea of fun is to tend to a shop in the middle of a ship in the middle of nowhere. Seems like a sure bet.

Oh. I see.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Ok so the German I hired to scrub my space toilet is telling me "go gently caress myself" and "talk to his union rep".

Please advise.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this was posted by somebody who's 100k deep and has nobody to play with so they think lying on the internet will draw more interest

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Kerching! Calder dollars working hard right here.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asema posted:

this was posted by somebody who's 100k deep and has nobody to play with so they think lying on the internet will draw more interest

This. No actual human being who only heard of SC a week ago would write a testimonial designed to counter every common criticism with that perfect desperate undertone of PTSD gained from defending this shitpile for years.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Hahaha, comparing someone to Peter Molyneux. Yeah, great sign.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I'm not sure which post-mortem event I'm looking forward to more. The Crobbler slinking into eternal obscurity, or the backers dissolving into a mass of self-loathing, loss, and denial. It's all well-earned and richly deserved, but this slow torture leading in is probably tougher on the people laughing than on the people that think something will come of it.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk7_wiO5wp8

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
The space toilet minigame has been improved a ton these last few weeks.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Last November 4, Star Citizen was on Wikipedia's list of most expensive video games.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop&oldid=924523587
But now it's gone again. Even though with funding tracker + Calder investment, it would take top spot.
Beating Grand Theft Auto V. As Chris said it would.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

"But this is not the place to discuss missed deadlines or offering up new ideas before previous ones are anywhere near completion..."

Bene, ma se non ora, quando?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jonny Shiloh posted:

"But this is not the place to discuss missed deadlines or offering up new ideas before previous ones are anywhere near completion..."

Bene, ma se non ora, quando?

Yeah after he said that I pretty much tuned out.

The video was kinda poo poo TBH they are deluded because they are willing to wait even though nothing is really getting done. New poo poo gets added and worked on while the old poo poo is pushed aside.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beexoffel posted:

Last November 4, Star Citizen was on Wikipedia's list of most expensive video games.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop&oldid=924523587
But now it's gone again. Even though with funding tracker + Calder investment, it would take top spot.

Well, haven't we been saying all along that it is not a game?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

trucutru posted:

Well, haven't we been saying all along that it is not a game?

Darn, I forgot again!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beexoffel posted:

Darn, I forgot again!

Unfortunately it seems there is no "most profitable scams" list in wikipedia

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NOBODY IS DOING WHAT SC IS DOING!

Ummm... actually, its already been done.

NOBODY!

Well, actually...

NOBODY!!!! Oh, and cartoon graphics, so it doesn't count!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beexoffel posted:

Revision comments explains its removal.

4th November, someone tried to add it back onto the list.

Same day, removed with the comment "Per the many past reverts and talk page discussions. Funding raises is not development budget."

Of course, we all know that 100% of funding goes towards the development of SC, and not anything else at all. And since every dollar raised for SC is worth 5 times as much as with a traditional model, it should actually be added as the first billion plus computer game.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beexoffel posted:

Looks like one of those guys trying to spread the Chris Roberts virus beyond its normal quarantine zone. The only edits this guy has on Wikipedia are adding Star Citizen to the most expensive list, and making sure Gary Oldman's home page includes Squadron 42.

What an empty loving life these people lead.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1201045586041958400
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1201157778951139328
https://twitter.com/montoya_test/status/1201218537307590656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Has someone pointed out to these poor souls that the whole point of procedural generation is that it isn't random?

Sabreseven posted:

If I was a VP of marketting for CIG and the BBC came knocking, I'd probably go into hiding.

Oh, wait!! :D

Weeell… there is some nasty history of UK game companies being shut down in the middle of recording a TV reportage:ohdear:

Tippis fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 1, 2019