Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I just want the ability to change ERS harvesting on the fly so I can do hot laps from stoplight to stoplight

Pretty sure you can do that with most EVs, no clue about hybrids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rinkles posted:

that's what i was more interested in. how much is actually coming out of mercedes' pocket.
This has been talked about by teams before, and effectively it's free money, as it's under the umbrella of their global marketing strategy.
Engine manufacturers in F1 say that a dollar spent developing the engine is a more effective dollar spent than one directly on marketing, so if you're already in a position to be spending 500million on marketing globally, you can funnel that into an F1 program and see a marketing reach equivalent to spending that or more. Then factor in what you re-coup from supply.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Also, Newey and Lewis should both jump ship to Ferrari, can you imagine how in there Lewis would get? They'd clinch the championships for generations to come

Newey doesn't want to live in italy and red bull lets him do whatever he wants so I imagine he stays there until he retires or dies probably due to crashing some old aston racecar at goodwood

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I just want the ability to change ERS harvesting on the fly so I can do hot laps from stoplight to stoplight

I enjoy having the ability to go from 0-60 in 3.7s whilst my car makes hilariously childish exhaust fart noises.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’m a man of my word, and will be paying off the Toxx of $122 as soon as I get paid, which is tomorrow.

What happened, Gunter :negative:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Hey here, Joes Award :wave:

makes effort post from numerous sources and lists them showing a clear trend towards a particular objective

lmao ewow hey Joe's sawrad hey Tony welcmoem back lance owns lance loving owns lmao

:rolleyes:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

makes effort post from numerous sources and lists them showing a clear trend towards a particular objective

lmao ewow hey Joe's sawrad hey Tony welcmoem back lance owns lance loving owns lmao

:rolleyes:

Wow, you take the bait just as easily as Joe. :thunk:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

Wow, you take the bait just as easily as Joe. :thunk:

I'm very sensitive.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Frond Team Rankings;

Mercedes-Benz
Red Bull
Ferrari
McLaren
Toro Rosso
Force India
Alfa-Romeo Sauber
Haas
Renault
Williams

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Frond posted:

Frond Team Rankings;

Mercedes-Benz
Red Bull
Ferrari
McLaren
Toro Rosso
Force India
Alfa-Romeo Sauber
Haas
Renault
Williams

Alfa should be above Force India due to the anchor that was Lance.

Toro Rosso above McLaren.

Haas ahead of Renault but also Renault should be dead last.

Williams coped as well as they could with a stillbirth of a car. What's Haas Ferrari Jr. and Renault's excuses??

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Perez put in some great performances this year so it elevated them. McLaren made huge strides, Toro Rosso was extremely impressive but McLaren was more consistent so it gave them the edge.

I really debated putting Renault last, but the Williams is atrocious and Kubica was really anonymous all year.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

haas sounded like a driver feedback issue since they kept getting conflicting info and having trouble sticking with anything right down to the last race where grosjean was trying out a one off floor of all loving things and destroyed it because of course he did.

and after that happened they had to go all the way back to square one. how has the development been so bad you're at the last race and reverting back to melbourne spec

renault idk I think they're just bad at this can't even cheat effectively

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 1, 2019

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s mind boggling how lovely Renault is. I’m also blaming the drivers - Ricciardo wasn’t always able to get the better of Hulkenberg (who himself looked like he gave up during the second part of the season).

It’s going to sound harsh but I don’t think DR is a championship level talent. Certainly not somebody you can build a team around. He’s not worth his salary.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rickie Dick needs somebody who’s gonna push him I think. It kinda seems like a Dovi in MotoGP situation where unless he has someone breathing down his neck he’s just phoning it in.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
In retrospect, Danny R. moved to Renault for the money.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
renault will gently caress off in 2021, they really arent commited to spend the money to be there.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

renault will gently caress off in 2021, they really arent commited to spend the money to be there.

They really aren't even committed to spend the money right now in the present.

The entire F1 return was Ghosn's pet project.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It's time for the End of Season party...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAHhfhHR8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXbiBdWLoDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97jfl21c4Ek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBrR2J2EZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc7av-OXMyg

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 1, 2019

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Lawrence Stroll needs to fire his son. Lance scored 21 points to Perez's 52. That's 31 fewer points than Perez, and 12 of Stroll's 21 points for the season were from a gifted 4th place. For a small team which finished 7th instead of 5th by 18 points that should be grounds for being replaced.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43HCYSXZ9GI

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tuesday's coming...

Did you bring your coat? (I'll process toxxes then)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

iospace posted:

Tuesday's coming...

Did you bring your coat? (I'll process toxxes then)

That’s a big yikes from me

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

I think I'll forever associate Yas Marina's turquoise run-off paint with that end-of-term feeling.

At least there's FE to keep me occupied for a while.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

And now I can take solace in the fact that I have three months of not taking poo poo from everyone I know every other weekend.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lol it's been so long I can't even remember if I did a toxx this season.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rebus posted:

And now I can take solace in the fact that I have three months of not taking poo poo from everyone I know every other weekend.

You never took poo poo from me, Rebus. You all did with what you were given and it showed. The car was inherently poo poo but it wasn’t some sort of continuous shambles like Haas pit stops or Ferrari strategists.

The only recent Williams oops that I can think of was Kubicas release in front of Max at Brazil but pretty sure that was a plus with the fans.

You guys deserve the break and here’s hoping that fresh faces and minds mend the issues with this car and onward to a positive start and progress with next years car. Russell is a huge catch and motivation too to have in the team.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Rebus gave it everything he had in 2019, using his two good hands and two good legs, (unlike some slackers in the company) and deserves no poo poo from us internet critics. Respect.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wish everyone wasn't so racist about Are Dan in this thread. He's a good boy who means well.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Interview with Ricciardo about why he moved to Renault:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMHt481HsFU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rebus posted:

It's been very clear to me that the gap between Williams and the midfield has narrowed throughout the year. Considering how far back you started it's been impressive.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Nybble posted:

Oh cool, I won the Fantasy league, thanks to the cheap Albon pickup. And also avoided a Toxx thanks to Vettel being a fraud and Leclerc figuring it out. A #blessed first full season for me watching F1.

Congrats. I got third but you blew us out of the water.

So where do I pick up my check...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
On a plane ride I watched The Art of Racing in the Rain, and despite it being an objectively weak movie with Seyfried overacting and everyone else underacting and no obvious motivation to the plot and Kevin Costner doing a Batman voice, I still cried when they gave the dying race car dog a ride in a 250 Testa Rossa.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Mercedes: 10 poles 15 wins
Ferrari: 9 poles 3 wins
Red Bull: 2 poles 3 wins

Sack everyone at Ferrari

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Tsaedje posted:

Mercedes: 10 poles 15 wins
Ferrari: 9 poles 3 wins
Red Bull: 2 poles 3 wins

Sack everyone at Ferrari

ehh then the only comedy would be when someone doesn't get a wheelnut tightened up or verstappen crashes someone trying to get 5th place in the first corner because he flubbed the start

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ferrari is broken in every level: what the gently caress are going to do in 3 months.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Are Dan had a pretty shite season. I want to believe he figured out the car and team was garbage early on and was just phoning it in but maybe he's a secret binman. I can't remember the last time he didn't drop 2-3 places in the first couple of corners of a GP.

Thankyou F1 for giving me 2019's Ferrari tho. Watching those pissbabies waste the tifosi's time and money has been very #blessed.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Finished watching the replay.

:lewis:

And well done McLaren!

Bring on 2020 so Ferrari can continue to entertain me by being a dumpster fire of a team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

masterpine posted:

Are Dan had a pretty shite season. I want to believe he figured out the car and team was garbage early on and was just phoning it in but maybe he's a secret binman. I can't remember the last time he didn't drop 2-3 places in the first couple of corners of a GP.

Thankyou F1 for giving me 2019's Ferrari tho. Watching those pissbabies waste the tifosi's time and money has been very #blessed.

Dan is honestly wasted pretty heavily at Renault and I'd hate to think his peak years are going to go to waste at that garbage fire. Cyril Abiteboul has to go.