Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
By GOD woolie will break that wall down with his face if only to make Reggie eat crow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Archenteron posted:

By GOD woolie will break that wall down with his face if only to make Reggie eat crow.

yeah I was fearing the nightmare LP episode of woolie being terrible at a thing for the entire time, but no, this is incredible. woolie being baited by reggie into mashing his face into a ceiling for at least half an hour due to hubris, it's fantastic

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wait oh my god did they really think that was the way, was the entire thing because both woolie and reggie are the blindest motherfuckers on the PLANET where even the game pulling the camera towards the place you're supposed to go whenever you walk by it didn't tip them off, holy poo poo that makes it so much better

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Which episode was this in? I haven't been following Woolie's stuff but this sounds amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Omi no Kami posted:

Which episode was this in? I haven't been following Woolie's stuff but this sounds amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybgfCkQwJZQ&t=977s

that it's absolutely doable and woolie is just bad at it makes it better

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 27, 2019

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybgfCkQwJZQ&t=977s

that it's absolutely doable and woolie is just bad at it makes it better

Thanks! Holy crap, that was absolutely sublime... it's weird how entertaining watching the dude literally slam his head against a wall is.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well, the actual magic is Reggie just constantly prodding him to keep trying and Minh editing out the majority of it, but yes, it's weirdly entertaining

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't believe Pat is playing league, why

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tae posted:

I can't believe Pat is playing league, why

They're making a fighting game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So Pat started off the match with 3 people immediately charging the top enemy turret because one of the chat is taunting him

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

So Pat started off the match with 3 people immediately charging the top enemy turret because one of the chat is taunting him

Lol he's streaming league? Gotta see that poo poo

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh god the podcast is gonna be league chat for the next two months isn't it? :ohdear:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

umalt posted:

Oh god the podcast is gonna be league chat for the next two months isn't it? :ohdear:

I hate League but I'm loving this :unsmigghh:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

umalt posted:

Also KOTOR 2.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm just glad that Koji productions has determined that Pat is the greatest Death Stranding player in this world and the next.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

drop what youre doing right now, matt and liam started sonic adventure 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHoFYVzGbZk

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I would rather Pat try League than Woolie, at least. Pat will probably try out a variety of different champions and roles.

Woolie would just pick Yasuo every game. :argh:

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm just glad that Koji productions has determined that Pat is the greatest Death Stranding player in this world and the next.

They did what now?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

0 rows returned posted:

drop what youre doing right now, matt and liam started sonic adventure 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHoFYVzGbZk

Hell yeah

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

[One of] The best 3D Platformer[s] ever made finally gets the LP it deserves!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Click here to watch Woolie's soul get eaten live on stream, in Skullgirls

Another Otter
May 14, 2012

This clip is a thing of beauty, my only regret is that I had trouble un-muting it for the first loop and I thought Woolie's opponent was playing "SONO CHI NO SADAME" just before the finisher.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

I'm loving dying! This is incredible

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man, skullgirls is so good

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love Woolie has to walk it off, but not because rage.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Big Band rules so hard.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Between Pat getting into LoL and finishing Death Standing with Strong Opinions about the ending, tomorrow's podcast is going to be a trip.

Woolie is going to melt out of his chair from apathy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

At least last week Pat learned that Outer Worlds is not his GOTY. Was kinda ridic to call that in a year with RE2 and DMC V for him.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Tae posted:

At least last week Pat learned that Outer Worlds is not his GOTY. Was kinda ridic to call that in a year with RE2 and DMC V for him.

Outer Worlds or Outer Wilds?
He did mention earler in the year that Outer Wilds might be his GOTY despite RE2 and DMC V. He was really into it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It was definitely outer worlds, after his first week streaming the game.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Admittedly, the first part of Outer Worlds is really good at selling that absolute sci-fi capitalist dystopian hellhole.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Archenteron posted:

Admittedly, the first part of Outer Worlds is really good at selling that absolute sci-fi capitalist dystopian hellhole.

ehh

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Vandar posted:

I would rather Pat try League than Woolie, at least. Pat will probably try out a variety of different champions and roles.

Woolie would just pick Yasuo every game. :argh:

They did what now?

Last week's podcast, Pat got contacted by a Kojima Production employee who was watching his stream and was informed that he, "...was playing the game in the most perfect way that Kojima intended."

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Last week's podcast, Pat got contacted by a Kojima Production employee who was watching his stream and was informed that he, "...was playing the game in the most perfect way that Kojima intended."

damning with faint praise

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is that the same guy who's currently making GBS threads on Woolie's playthrough? He's having really bad luck with getting singled out for being bad at stuff.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://twitter.com/Ludvig_Forssell/status/1201407496021139456

to be fair tho, the video in this tweet sums up the snail stranding

https://twitter.com/El_Hearto/status/1201798382739525634

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
i'm enjoying the auto-erotic asphyxiation cast at Castle Super Choke.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is that the same guy who's currently making GBS threads on Woolie's playthrough? He's having really bad luck with getting singled out for being bad at stuff.

As someone who has watched all of Woolie's Death Stranding videos

it's earned. He is getting better...I think...but it's slow going as per usual. A decent chunk of the issues seem to be caused by him not being able to read the text or prompts, but a lot of it is him misunderstanding other things, like if a contextual button prompt isn't on screen then that contextual thing won't happen or poo poo like making more than one waypoint and maybe going around obstacles instead of pounding his head into a wall for ten minutes cause that's where the line (that he made) is going.

Like yeah, "what did you expect?", but to his credit he hasn't voided out or died yet. Did he spend like 25 minutes doing menu poo poo, a lot of it unnecessary due to misunderstandings, and even wasted a decent chunk looking for a generator to charge his bike while next to a Bridges depot's parking space chargers? Yeah, that's his snaily way, and I find that accepting it and watching it for the oddity it is can be entertaining in its own way.

Anyway, both Woolie and Pat seem to have trouble seeing poo poo, but in different ways, which could be chalked up to LP tax, but I have a theory. I think Woolie's tv might be too small for how far it is from where he sits, he can't read poo poo if it's small, I had this issue with games with text like this, MHW specifically was the catalyst that made me go, "gently caress it, maybe I should get a big tv" (there were many other factors but I digress), went from a 47" to a 65", everything is fine now even with the tv being I think 8~10 feet from my couch. That said, some of the prompts in Death Stranding are still hard to read, well really just the Hold Options Button one, it really looks like hold down on the d-pad at first glance.

Meanwhile Pat seems to be fine with reading things but he misses items and poo poo all the loving time if they're near the edge of the screen, so I think maybe his tv is too big and/or close. This could be LP tax or maybe he develops tunnel vision a bit while playing stuff, I dunno.

Woolie could also just need glasses, like Paige, but I think it's more likely a tv size to distance issue, however I don't know what his setup is like to say for sure.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUxFYkD_u8Y

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hahaha, the latest indivisible episode. Honestly great platforming by woolie, for sure, some of those spots can be a huge hassle. But then he got to the Kala fight and the episode ends literally on him stating "Leilani is awesome, she stays" and keeping her in the party, and saying "yeah, I think this is what we need" *episode ends*

Leilani the meter eater, in the single major fight where your entire goal is only to build meter, woolie does it again :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
also what were the AMVs woolie was talking about in the podcast, I can't remember the names of them

shame on them for not mentioning Pencilhead though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bx0dEYiDYw&hd=1