Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

redleader posted:

burnsy, cheeks, gibbo, josh & morty

isnt steward of burnsy, cheeks, gibbo, josh & morty the ceremonial position you get when you resign as an mp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

lol @ the optimists who think the ruling lich will ever die without external encouragement.

The Queen has access to the finest adrenochrome on the planet, its true.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Ayn Randi posted:

isnt steward of burnsy, cheeks, gibbo, josh & morty the ceremonial position you get when you resign as an mp

iirc gibbo is black rod and morty is his mace?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What I wanna know is, where's Rick

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

expecting to sell a thousand of these in the next 24h

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Taintrunner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH5Fmapcdhw

Oh my god. Oh my loving god. You have to drop everything and watch this. It's absolutely loving amazing.

When you try to get yet mate from the pub to do a bit of the astroturf but the thick bloke goes full fash.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

expecting to sell a thousand of these in the next 24h

:prepop:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Mom=one
Archy=Archy

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

brugroffil posted:

Lol at Noah Smith being "far left"

Still don't get why American Jews in the whole are pretty progressive but most British Jews are Tories

American Jews are mainly Ashkenazi. That is to say descended from Jews in Germany, Eastern Europe and Russia.

Across Europe Jews were generally prohibited form participating in political life or economic life outside of a few industries and jobs. Generally left-wing parties and parties which favored Republicanism (British meaning not the american one lol) would be the parties which favored giving Jews rights equal to Gentiles or easing restrictions on Jews. This led to Jews generally becoming associated with or leaders in revolutionary movements and left-wing progressive causes for similar reasons to why say Black People or LGBT people or women are likely to be leaders in the left wing.

England was an exception though. The main party advocating for Jewish emancipation was the predecessor to the lib dems. Labour didnt become a major party until the 20th century when Jewish rights had already been achieved so Jewish brits didnt have a historical identification with them like they did lib dems

I should not have to explain why lib dems are inclined to vote Tory when it counts or would rather literally see everyone die than let corbyn be pm.

Hth

BIG FLUFFY DOG has issued a correction as of 04:35 on Dec 2, 2019

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

trust the British state to cancel the monarchy just when there’s the chance of a black queen

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The idea that the news of the queens death which has been planned for decades with an aim for splendor and majesty even in death was broken in the middle of an enormous pedophile scandal by the group text of what I imagine are the british version of the boys in entourage is absolutely ridiculous.

Given the timeline we are in i am therefore forced to conclude it is true

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The idea that the news of the queens death which has been planned for decades with an aim for splendor and majesty even in death was broken in the middle of an enormous pedophile scandal by the group text of what I imagine are the british version of the boys in entourage is absolutely ridiculous.

Given the timeline we are in i am therefore forced to conclude it is true

Don't forget the penis in the group chat display photo.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Don't forget the penis in the group chat display photo.

bonar law

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Gibbo said that it would be announced at 930am so we have a few hours to wait.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Can't wait for the day when british history schoolbooks have to debate whether to blur out the penis in the historically significant whatApp screenshot in the brexit chapter

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1198635962026336257

Lol.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

sometimes dead is better.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I mean we can be pretty sure that Prince Andrew will be the next Royal to die.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I mean we can be pretty sure that Prince Andrew will be the next Royal to die.

He's going to be so irritated on Christmas Day when he finds out the whole family have given him tickets to Paris and a hired Mercedes.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1201199028316205056

these worms are riffing on a conservative new zealand campaign from 2005

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it's interesting that they're being so deliberately horrid - they're banking hard on people's ignorance at this point, given that the explicit wishes of the family of one victim to shut up gives labour an easy rebuttal here which makes them just look ghoulish. they're assuming that either people really just don't give a toss about it or that they won't see the rebuttal, and either is profoundly cynical

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This will be ridiculously unpopular and will make a lot of gammons angry for suffering consequences of their vote

https://twitter.com/DAaronovitch/status/1201419552116150272?s=19

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Did they announce the Queen is dead? I haven't seen the news yet so I'm presuming yes.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I've not seen any evidence the queen isn't dead

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Can't believe Gibbo lied to me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Long Live the Queen

Is a fun game on Steam about an anime queen trying to survive to reach her coronation

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

https://twitter.com/butwhatifitsall/status/1201288614329692161?s=20

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/RichardNorthey/status/1201443968346660866

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
well it's not like the eu is going to have any patience left for the uk

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im the direct understanding that Donald Trump is the United States

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/TheSchoolOfLife/status/1201101204576714752?s=09

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

is he talking to the tweet or the paper

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

must be the tweet, there's no way our media could be nakedly and overtly pro-Tory to the exclusion of all other ethical and journalistic concer

https://twitter.com/liamyoung/status/1201467563806474243?s=19

ns

oh

(yes I know this is because they've been having loads of pro-boris complaints and this is their mechanism for streamlining them)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The royal guard is pulling a Weekend at Bernie's right now for no other reason than to spite Gibbo.

Im joking, its also to spite Charles

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The royal guard is pulling a Weekend at Bernie's right now for no other reason than to spite Gibbo.

Im joking, its also to spite Charles

Brenda's death would mean another 14 days of election so another 14 to 28 points for Labour so they gotta pretend she's alive until Corbyn becomes PM at which point they can use it as excuse for a soft coup

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MStewart0013/status/1201532643713654786

Look out guys, the intellectual heavyweights are all over this.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

britain leads the anglosphere in bad faith political argument. america cannot possibly keep up w the scale of ridiculous horseshit that folks in the uk can say straightfaced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i actually genuinely appreciate british labour embracing farcical shitposting and populism as political strategy. they're doing a lot of good by abandoning the straitjacket of respectability in their communication, i think