Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Ian Riccaboni makes his Between The Sheets debut as we tackle 1991, including Survivor Series, This Tuesday in Texas, the cobra bite angle, and a LOT more...like the USWA's amazing bootleg Ultimate Warrior and Undertaker gimmicks:

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1201388790499233792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
really enjoyed Big Labor Dave basically ordering wrestlers to unionize on WOR

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I did the same until the first time Dave and Bryan started demonstrating that they haven't the slightest clue what marginalized people go through and then I unsubscribed.

It's only gotten worse since.

Being "woke" isn't a marketing thing. I don't want people to performatively be good people. I want them to actually be good people. Because I'm giving them my money.

I used to go to Bryan's house every year for Summerslam, and he's a nice guy. Craig and Vinny super aren't, but Bryan is. But he doesn't get it. And for a long time, I thought that sucked, sure, but it wasn't a deal breaker, because he lives in a bubble.

But I haven't gone back lately because I don't feel safe around him or Vinny or Craig or Granny or the other people that go, because nothing that has ever happened over there has led me to believe that they'd be cool about queer people. Trans folks in particular.

And now that I'm out of the closet and living as me, and I can't show up in stealth mode, I wonder why I was ever okay with their bubble. Because it shouldn't be on me to forgive them for not understanding. It should be on them for not knowing. Why should I feel bad for being me? Why shouldn't they face concequences for being them?

It's 2019. Queerfolx are normal as gently caress. If you don't know how to act, that's on you.

Dave and Bryan are carrying water for their racist friend.

Knowing what would happen, you would most likely get deadnamed over and over and then be used as a token.

I wish they would know better, but it sounds like they are either too far in the bubble, or just haven't figured out the empathy yet.

I think Bryan is just gonna protect the rear end in a top hat friend out of benefit for the "scoops", but I'm glad there is an ounce of decency there.

I guess we will have our own Super China Buffet Day.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

I first subscribed doing the Black Friday sale a few years back, let it run out after the month and thought,"Well that was enjoyable but I'm not paying full price" and I lasted like two days without access before I realized,"loving hell I want more" and forked out full price :sweatdrop:

I'm sure he's a nice guy but 12 dollars for a freaking podcast? Are you kidding me?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's apparently at least three podcasts a week, which given that people will pay $5 monthly for just one bonus episode per week of Street Fight/Chapo/most other podcasts that use Patreon, seems like a decent deal for $12 if you're really big on Observer content, plus the newsletter and the Board.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I Before E posted:

It's apparently at least three podcasts a week, which given that people will pay $5 monthly for just one bonus episode per week of Street Fight/Chapo/most other podcasts that use Patreon, seems like a decent deal for $12 if you're really big on Observer content, plus the newsletter and the Board.

It's reliably 6 not counting the ad-free versions of Observer Live. 3 Observer Radios and 3 Bryan and Vinny's. Then the occasional Pacific Rim, additional Observer Radio if there's events going on etc. It's like 7+ hours of stuff a week.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MJeff posted:

J-Ru, is posting an old B&V that's been uploaded on Youtube :filez:?

I ask because I'm listening to a B&V on a 2006 TNA PPV and they're talking like Kurt's already got two feet in the grave. I know the dude was basically immobile and had a massive swollen neck when he came back to WWE and just didn't look good at all, but was it really that bad for him back then, that it seemed like his death was an absolute inevitability and TNA were just complete scumbags for even hiring him?

Direct download links and the like aren't allowed, but if it is just a single show on youtube that is on the copyright holders to chase up, post away.

Of course if it's like a channel stockpiling all their paid content then that's a different matter, that's what is called in legal terms "a dick move".

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Direct download links and the like aren't allowed, but if it is just a single show on youtube that is on the copyright holders to chase up, post away.

Of course if it's like a channel stockpiling all their paid content then that's a different matter, that's what is called in legal terms "a dick move".

Well, uh, it's definitely that latter thing, so I won't post it, then.

It's not unlisted anything so if anybody wants to find it it's pretty easy to just search Youtube for it.

Lid posted:

Post it it's been far enough anyway, and yes Kurt back then was just terrible. His arms especially were just nothing.

Oh, I'm sure it wasn't that ba--

Lid posted:

This is Kurt Angle in TNA

Holy poo poo. :stare:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He legit looks great

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo the Dark Order's directives to Producer Rob on the B&V Show :xd:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
David Melter.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I'm sure he's a nice guy but 12 dollars for a freaking podcast? Are you kidding me?

It's incredibly worth it to me as I listen to B&V (which got me to sign up in the first place) and WOR daily while I'm getting ready and driving to work. I often throw on WOL while doing meal prep at night too.

e: and I forgot to include F4D!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Low Desert Punk posted:

really enjoyed Big Labor Dave basically ordering wrestlers to unionize on WOR

Dave realising how long ago 60+ years is was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

Oh, I'm sure it wasn't that ba--

Holy poo poo. :stare:

I think he had a bunch of DUIs during this period too? I remember it prompted me to draw this at one point because things were getting so weird:

I'm really glad he seems to be in a lot better (comparatively) shape mentally and physically now.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lid posted:

Look at his arms and what he was doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLV4WN1lhL4

more wrestlers should do the drugs kurt was on so that they too can do badass maneuvers like this. braun getting yacked out off of a few rails, then running out and firing off a corkscrew plancha into 3 dudes sounds cool as hell

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If Dave ever goes to the Christmas show it’ll get more ratings than Smackdown Live

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Get him drunk and steal a tooth and #joindarkorder

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jerusalem posted:

I think he had a bunch of DUIs during this period too? I remember it prompted me to draw this at one point because things were getting so weird:

I'm really glad he seems to be in a lot better (comparatively) shape mentally and physically now.

For several years he was on TV every week glassy eyed and it seems like after every bump his hands would pinch and flex like he was losing feeling.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

MJeff posted:

J-Ru, is posting an old B&V that's been uploaded on Youtube :filez:?

I ask because I'm listening to a B&V on a 2006 TNA PPV and they're talking like Kurt's already got two feet in the grave. I know the dude was basically immobile and had a massive swollen neck when he came back to WWE and just didn't look good at all, but was it really that bad for him back then, that it seemed like his death was an absolute inevitability and TNA were just complete scumbags for even hiring him?

Bryan and Vinny covered it at the time and did a retrospective, but here's the quick version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmZp8pR1uc

They asked him to stop wrestling and go to rehab because he was living such a dangerous lifestyle they feared he might die. Turns out Kurt having the reduced schedule of TNA may have kept him alive. They didn't stop his drug and alcohol habits, though.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Also stalking Rhaka Khan

And an evil clown before The Fiend

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everyone should subscribe for moments like "Spooks, the Ghost Lad"

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I jumped in on the Black Friday deal. Is there an easy way to download the podcasts straight to an iPhone? I have only ever used the Podcasts app before and am hoping to avoid downloading to my computer and syncing because I am lazy.

I use Overcast - let’s me add password protected feeds without issue, and it has some good “smart speed” and “smart volume” options which help with listening overall.

Free app, only IAP is to turn off the really, frankly nice ads.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave's Santa Wishlist:

1) Peace on Earth

2) Goodwill

3) HOOD JUSTICE

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blast0rama posted:

I use Overcast - let’s me add password protected feeds without issue, and it has some good “smart speed” and “smart volume” options which help with listening overall.

Free app, only IAP is to turn off the really, frankly nice ads.

If you pay you can also upload your own files.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I saw kurt angle at the airport here in Vegas once, he wasnt carrying any of his own bags and he walked like he had all the range of movement that a WWF Hasbro toy would have

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lid posted:

Also stalking Rhaka Khan

And an evil clown before The Fiend

and losing his wife. to Jeff Jarrett.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Everyone should subscribe for moments like "Spooks, the Ghost Lad"

TALL BASTARD

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

and losing his wife. to Jeff Jarrett.

And then feuding with them, in a feud where Karen and Jeff spent 95% of their time bickering at each other to the point that people thought "Boy, Kurt is lucky to be free from her".

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

And then feuding with them, in a feud where Karen and Jeff spent 95% of their time bickering at each other to the point that people thought "Boy, Kurt is lucky to be free from her".

TNA was and will still always be the place where people with messy personal lives can still wrestle, even if it requires defying common sense. Basically everything about Karen was a big ol YIKES.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dave's Santa Wishlist:

1) Peace on Earth

2) Goodwill

3) HOOD JUSTICE

no

No

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 2, 2019

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

davidbix posted:

Ian Riccaboni makes his Between The Sheets debut as we tackle 1991, including Survivor Series, This Tuesday in Texas, the cobra bite angle, and a LOT more...like the USWA's amazing bootleg Ultimate Warrior and Undertaker gimmicks:

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1201388790499233792

The WARRIOR!!!:

Promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzk7ER8esBo

Match (against "The Scorpion"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Yal2iIFHw

Gravedigger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmKaInadbnY

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was hoping it'd be the monster truck gravedigger but nope. just some mook.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

New Day posted a podcast and it really just covered what they talked about on their table of 3 episode. Still very enjoyable.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TV Zombie posted:

New Day posted a podcast and it really just covered what they talked about on their table of 3 episode. Still very enjoyable.

The three of them have such great chemistry that its definitely going into my rotation, just a shame there's tons of points where they are extremely careful about their words.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

JT Smiley posted:

The three of them have such great chemistry that its definitely going into my rotation, just a shame there's tons of points where they are extremely careful about their words.

superstar
sports entertainment
medical facility
wweuniverse

or is it because pg podcast?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You can just subscribe to password protected podcasts in Overcast. They have instructions on the site for that and other apps.

I agree with the argument that you get a comparable or more compared to patreons or premium podcasts memberships. Lots of audio content, the newsletter and video episodes if you want them. However if you aren't someone inclined to that sort of thing you probably won't dig it. I don't have the energy to consume endless wrestling content all year long so I usually hop out after Wrestlemania until something sparks my interest, or, hop in with the Black Friday deal since it usually covers the Christmas show which I love.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Has Tom always had that lisp or is that recent?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

always. a show a few weeks ago had him on the phone and it was extremely distracting

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh yeah seeing Tom's name reminded me - absolutely listen to the first 10-15 minutes for Bryan's rant on the town of Bothel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It was a good rant as was the confusion over Tom’s idea for the F4W championship