Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Chuka Umana posted:

The queen is never going to die.

Another post that reeks with lib dem cowardice.

Find some steel for your spine!

The queen is as mortal as any other lizard or reptile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
This is all just a ruse to see how many people they can surprise with an erect penis isn't it? Overnight it has probably become the most viewed picture of a penis in the history of the internet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I will say I never noticed the penis when I saw the image. Its a newsworthy penis now though so Twitter won't delete it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I bet its thats wiley corbyns cock

His chat name would be BiGJam

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

I only watch this thread just to see if anyone important and British has snuffed it recently. That and to distract myself from the bloated oompa loompa hogging half our damned news cycles.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Corbyn's canceled because the magpie is way overrated, go to trencher's instead.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Marmaduke! posted:

That's almost right, it basically transfers a grand of the lower earner's tax allowance to the higher, so there's a thousand quid less that they'll pay tax on which ends up being the saving of around £250. But the effect is as you stated. It's not game changing but it certainly helps people in my situation where I work full time but my wife's health isn't great so she works part time and earns maybe £9000 a year. But this isn't anything that would change the way I'd vote. £20 a month for Labour would be a great deal! Just a shame they leave themselves open to the easy attack by getting rid of it.

Yeah my wife and I are in the same boat, but even if I was making a selfish bastard calculation there are enough things to balance it out that we'd come out way ahead. Starting the 30 hours free childcare a year earlier will save us £6000 for example.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
:psyduck: What the gently caress happened while I was sleeping? :D

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Queen's dead, so says gibbo, ricey, and cheeks.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Awesome! :D

:thermidor:

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Cheeks here

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Wait, Bozza foreshadowed this! :stare:

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

If you think Bojo is going to save people from an erect cock, you haven’t been paying attention.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

My cheeks say the queen is dead too :marc:

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Continuity RCP posted:

Oh god what the hell is that

Gibbo.

Woke up, 500,000 tweets and still no denial in the mainstream media, I'm getting worried now guys

Also I forgot that Sturgeon literally called Trump the devil yesterday. "When you sup with the devil, use a long spoon".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
All couples who have the equivalent of a civil partnership from outside the UK are now in a recognized legal relationship in England and Wales. :toot:

Scotland follow soon plz.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Bobby Deluxe posted:

In a weird, roundabout way most people are going to be too poor to really benefit from it anyway - It only kicks in if you're in a marriage where one of you makes less than 10k a year. Everyone is entitled to their first 10k of earnings tax free. The Married Person's Allowance lets you transfer any of your leftover allowance to your partner. HMRC applies that 10k (or however much is left) tax free to your partner's income, and you get about £250 a year if the entire £10k allowance is transferred, i.e. if one of you makes zero income.

So to get the allowance, you'd have to be in a marriage where one person doesn't work or makes less than 10k a year, and the other person can afford for them not to work. And if that's the case, £250 a year is chump change. If you work part time it'll be even less.

Sorta, you can transfer £1250 of your personal allowance to your partner, saving them up to £250 (the 20% tax they don't have to pay on it) depending on whether their income maxes out that new allowance or not

I dunno, my parents are retired and I'm pretty sure they use it, because my mum's pension income is a lot lower than my dad's - that's probably not an unusual situation

And even for people who are working, they don't necessarily have low incomes or less work by choice, and that £250 or whatever might be space they can't make in their budget - or at least don't feel they can give it up comfortably, £250 could mean missing a payment that creates a debt spiral, or being unable to afford a dentist appointment, or not being able to fix a car that's been playing up...

The higher (or sole) earner in the family only needs to be on £14000 a year to see that full benefit, and losing it could really make a big difference at that income level - that's why it feels like bad optics when your big message is "everything is fully costed and only the wealthiest will pay more and we're on your side". And it's an easy target for Tories to say "oh no we won't take money from you like that", it's a lie but it appeals directly to people's skills wallets. It feels really weird

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Loving all the squealing hogs on twitter whingeing about how corbyn's gonna cause more rail strikes by... mandating multiple crew on all trains thus ending the strikes?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The take I've seen is that he'll cause more strikes everywhere by relaxing the rules on when you can strike and giving the green light for every "Snowflake" who can't hack "honest hard work" to take the day off striking.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also did twitter forcibly delete the queen off the trending section lol

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Going to be true galaxy brain poo poo when the queen's death is announced in a couple of hours and nae oval office believes it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
The Queen isn't dead you dunguses

There isn't even a blood moon or a plague of corgis

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Azza Bamboo posted:

The take I've seen is that he'll cause more strikes everywhere by relaxing the rules on when you can strike and giving the green light for every "Snowflake" who can't hack "honest hard work" to take the day off striking.

Ah yes, because striking sure is a paid holiday and not a day you spend doing stuff you'd rather not have to do :D

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Barry Foster posted:

The Queen isn't dead you dunguses

There isn't even a blood moon or a plague of corgis

That's because they're still feasting on her corpse.

They'll be coming for the rest of us soon enough.

:unsmigghh:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ms Adequate posted:

Going to be true galaxy brain poo poo when the queen's death is announced in a couple of hours and nae oval office believes it

If Gibbo is right (and who are you to doubt El Dandy Gibbo?) we'll get confirmation in 15 minutes. If we don't get it then obviously the BBC have decided to keep it from us because the election being extended by weeks would benefit Labour.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I know it's nothing new but I really wish people like Marr would call out the Tories spinning austerity as simultaneously good and also a thing that needs to be reversed through massive investment. If the effects of the cuts are bad then it wasn't smart and prudent economics was it?!

Johnson's even doing it with brexit now. Smart tory government fixed economy so we can invest. Also economy is dragging and we need brexit to fix it before we can invest. Just call it out one time that's all I need :sludgepal:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I can't wait for the channel dash in full number 1s at 0800. I assume this is when the army all line up at Dover and piss into the sea in unison to stick it to the French

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/02/14million-voters-live-areas-held-same-party-since-second-world-war?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

So, the takeaway is definitely problems with the electoral system and not massive inequality meaning those places keep wanting to vote for the same people in huge margins...

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

RockyB posted:

Gibbo.

Woke up, 500,000 tweets and still no denial in the mainstream media, I'm getting worried now guys

BBC Breaking News: Gibbo is full of shite mate remember that time he said dogs can't look up total loving bellend

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Angepain posted:

I can't wait for the channel dash in full number 1s at 0800. I assume this is when the army all line up at Dover and piss into the sea in unison to stick it to the French

The Channel Slash.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

kustomkarkommando posted:

BBC Breaking News: Gibbo is full of shite mate remember that time he said dogs can't look up total loving bellend

https://twitter.com/dylcollett/status/1201261720825675777?s=20

Aww, she changed her name away from BBC breaking news and had her blue tick revoked.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/train-fat-cats-receive-12-18827417

quote:

Firms who provide trains for the country’s crumbling rail network have paid out a staggering £1.2billion to shareholders, an investigation has revealed.

The little known companies have links to a tax haven and make a fortune from leasing the rolling stock to train operators across the UK.

The huge payments come as millions of passengers are suffering delays, overcrowding and rocketing rail fares.

Union leaders and passenger groups have blasted the windfall payouts and called for the trains to be taken back into public ownership with the savings then going back into providing a better service.

:ntlised: the fuckers already. Labour are proposing £2billion to cut fares by a third.

quote:

Labour’s shadow transport secretary Andy McDonald has been talking to BBC Radio 5 Live this morning, after the party announced plans to cut rail fares.

Asked to justify plans to use funds from vehicle excise duty which had formerly been earmarked for road building to subsidise cheaper rail fares, McDonald said: “You cannot road-build your way out of a climate crisis.”

RockyB fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 2, 2019

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Gibbo said it was 9.30 it was being announced, we have a while to wait.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I am officially cold this morning.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Gibbogate is the kind of thing Twitter was made for, don't think I've laughed out loud at my tl this much since DCFADP. Working a nightshift with this thing bubbling away in the background has been totally surreal

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Shitposting is treason.

We're all hosed :ohdear:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

quote:

Facebook has banned a Conservative party campaign advert that used footage of the BBC’s political editor Laura Kuenssberg and News at 10 host Huw Edwards, saying it violated the corporation’s intellectual property rights.

The clips, which were used without permission from the BBC, featured Kuenssberg saying the words “pointless delay to Brexit”, though she in fact appears to have been quoting Boris Johnson. Edwards is then shown talking about “another Brexit delay” followed by shaky footage of opposition leaders set to threatening music.

quote:

On Thursday the BBC demanded that the paid-for advert, which targets older male voters, be taken down. “ This is a completely unacceptable use of BBC content which distorts our output and which could damage perceptions of our impartiality,” they said.

However, the Tories rejected the BBC’s request, saying it was “clear the footage was not edited in a manner that misleads or changes the reporting”.

:hmmyes:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I've got my No 4 cocks at the ready waiting for orders from Monty and Tubbo.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Buzzin for the queen being dead lads won't lie.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
She'd better hang on for another 10 days so we can get this election over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Trump weighs in:

Stupid queen, that's what she gets for taking too much exercise :trumpsmug: