Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Wiggler's Donut Cave

C04-FW6-WTF

Experience this cave full of wigglers and donut blocks. Be careful not to fall. Or don't be, the choice is yours. Unfortunately for the wigglers, they have no choice. Only anger & suffering await them in this course. Enjoy!

I made most of this level on a plane. I hope it doesn't play that way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Getting back into Mario Making after a long break with Build High for Happiness: KP1-92J-LMF

Some Hammer Bros are building towers high in the sky in direct violation of local zoning plans, put on your helmet and cause some work safety hazards!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST:

1. Squidz Bop
By: May Contain Nuts C2T-9GK-KDF

2. Boo's Terrible Tower
By: Tonberi T34-B76-XKG

3. 100 pits of trails
By: Lookbehindyabruh FCP-969-MQG

4. Can I get a push?
By: May Contain Nuts WG9-27F-K4G

5. Thwomp's Badlands
By: MaCoyTV K74-4CK-LMF

6. Super Mario Baseball
By: Tonberi 3GY-CL8-4TF

7. One Flew Over The Goombrats Nest
By: Dremy77 RNW-WG4-GMG

8. Sew Raw oh Toe Boo
By: Inu MJ2-FKB-DRG

9. Mushroom Chase!
By: Krutus 19M-RS6-4GF

10. Piranha Pinnacle
By: Pakled MQP-32M-WGF

11. Wiggler's Donut Cave
By: Palmtree Panic C04-FW6-WTF

12. Build High for Happiness
By: Forktoss KP1-92J-LMF

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

DalaranJ posted:

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to say that I'm thankful for everyone that contributed to this thread, and helped make it one of the best on the forums!

This is indeed a pretty great thread, and I appreciate you putting it together in the first place :)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Man, I'm really looking forward to literally anything regarding this game being even mentioned by Nintendo.

:negative:

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, I'm really looking forward to literally anything regarding this game being even mentioned by Nintendo.

:negative:

Yeah we're getting into "suspiciously absent" territory.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I have a feeling they weren't planning on adding online multiplayer with friends until the outcry and that pushed everything else back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad they did because it gave this game a whole new life for me, online with homies is a blast.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Annnnnnnd going live with some levels tonight!

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Squeekstravaganza!
Course ID: WBH-DD0-B1H
Difficulty: Expert
Multiplayer Friendly?: No

A set of four challenges involving skipsqueeks. This is easily the longest I've spent on a single course. Trying to get some of the setups I wanted ended up being a huge pain and I had to contend with hitting the entity limit, preventing cheese, and a weird little problem where one skipsqueek would randomly decide to despawn before you got to it. This will probably also end up being among my most difficult levels as well. There are no power ups but there are infinite checkpoints and each room is only about 30 seconds or so. There's some secrets that I doubt anyone will find as well.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Thanks everyone for joining us tonight, we had a pretty good batch of levels!

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/515039941

1. Squidz Bop
By: May Contain Nuts C2T-9GK-KDF

2. Boo's Terrible Tower 00:18:00
By: Tonberi T34-B76-XKG

3. The pit of 100 trials 00:34:00
By: Lookbehindyabruh FCP-969-MQG

4. Can I get a push? 00:51:30
By: May Contain Nuts WG9-27F-K4G

5. Thwomp's Badlands 00:54:30
By: MaCoyTV K74-4CK-LMF

6. Super Mario Baseball 00:58:30
By: Tonberi 3GY-CL8-4TF

7. One Flew Over The Goombrats Nest
By: Dremy77 RNW-WG4-GMG 01:05:45

8. Sew Raw oh Toe Boo 01:26:30
By: Inu MJ2-FKB-DRG

9. Mushroom Chase! 01:31:30
By: Krutus 19M-RS6-4GF

10. Piranha Pinnacle 02:07:15
By: Pakled MQP-32M-WGF

11. Wiggler's Donut Cave 02:11:15
By: Palmtree Panic C04-FW6-WTF

12. Build High for Happiness 02:16:00
By: Forktoss KP1-92J-LMF

=Viewer levels=

THe Vibe Check 20sec 00:15:15
By: Human the Human TFC-K83-6TF

Squeekstravaganza! 00:25:00
By: J-Spot WBH-DD0-B1H

Duck! Tales of Snowy Moon 01:17:00
By: Greenie42 F6B-5BQ-5NF

Centipede level 2
By: ZeemonTrol XFG-1K6-13G

Snakes on a Plane 01:45:00
By: Bchin PMM-YR4-MVF

Night at the Mountain 02:01:45
By: Guirns MRN-H9S-RQG

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

OneMoreTime posted:

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for doing these streams! I can rarely make it during the streams so I just get to watch vods but I enjoy seeing you play my levels.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Pakled posted:

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for doing these streams! I can rarely make it during the streams so I just get to watch vods but I enjoy seeing you play my levels.

Same here. I keep missing the live stream, but I appreciate getting feedback on the levels I make.

New Level:

Moray Towers

1Y1-RFT-VYF

Inu fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 1, 2019

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

OneMoreTime posted:

Thanks as always for playing my level on stream. It's always great to see it played by someone else. Seeing everyone's great levels also keeps me motivated to continue to make new levels. I also appreciate the feedback in the chat!

J-Spot posted:

Squeekstravaganza!
Course ID: WBH-DD0-B1H
Difficulty: Expert
Multiplayer Friendly?: No

This level was very unique. I had no idea you could set up a chase sequence with the skip-squeaks. I loved the chase and even the clear-pipe sequence preceding it. Definitely the highlight of the stage.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm glad to be of some use and all with my feedback!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/NintendoFrance/status/1201410675865575424

Holy poo poo update coming december 5th

Ton of new course parts including enemies, and most importantly you can now play as Link and he has his full moveset with down thrust, swords, arrows and bombs. It's incredible.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
We have to go back.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
That update looks nutso. :eyepop:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s all well and good but please tell me we’re getting bookmarks finally.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

my face rn

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I never expected we’d get Zelda 2 Maker before a Zelda Maker.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Ice blocks! Finally!

...and the spike-ball barfing guys, lol.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Biggest wish for this update is making it so the Master Sword gives you hearts for health instead of being knocked away.

I'd really like to make a big elaborate dungeon and I'm salivating at the idea of using keys and bombs and whatnot, but I'm afraid that if the player gets hit they're going to have to backtrack to recollect a infinite spawning sword. Just make mushrooms transform into half heart pickups and fire flowers into full heart ones. It's either that or I include no enemies at all and just light puzzling and that's just :argh: come on nintendo work with me!!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Probably silly that I'm most excited for Pokey, but it's definitely the most "why didn't we already have this?" addition out of all of that, especially since they added the desert theme. That and Link's bombs are major steps toward being able to make Mario 2-style courses.

Melting ice blocks, yay, I've wanted them since forever, but I kinda want to put stuff in them besides coins.

They barely touched on the snow variants of enemies, and I wonder about the potential there.

P-Blocks are neat, I guess, but I'm not seeing a lot of potential beyond what you could already do with coins. Wish they were invisible instead of showing the outline, for ghost house shenanigans.

Dash blocks make me miss the character mushroom, because stages with them would really benefit from some added Sonic or F-Zero flair.

I think we're going to get sick of seeing SMW courses based on spin-jumping on Spike's balls really quick. Not complaining about his addition, though, because I struggle to think of a more obscure SMB3 enemy they could have added, and I love stuff like that.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

That’s all well and good but please tell me we’re getting bookmarks finally.

I... really don't get why they aren't doing this, considering they already did it and know how much people want it. It makes me worried that it just won't work for some reason.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I was wanting melting ice blocks! Now that I have them, I need inspiration to return to these bones so I can actually make something good!

Agreed on the bookmarks, though. I feel like that is the #1 thing needed to support the community and they already have the Switch Online app. Just bake it into that. Just do it, Nintendo.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

THIS IS SO GOOD!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Excellent looking update, but...

A) Need a bookmarking site, for sure.
2) world linking/chaining.... pleeeeaaaaassssee
D) really want that DPP/SMB2USA game mode

I'm definitely grateful for the update, and it's great to know they're still supporting the game, but c'mon... Take it from great and make it perfect.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I just hit 500 first clears and 500 world records before thanksgiving break, and was wondering what my next goal was going to be. Ninji speed runs looks entirely my jam.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Won't be satisfied until we get my wishlist:

https://i.imgur.com/fvPgbpB.mp4

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

OneMoreTime posted:

And stream complete! Thanks again to everyone who joined me tonight

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/511582511
9. Thunder Thighs Robot Factory 02:22:55
By: Good Sphere CQP-6SH-J7G

Wow, you tore through that level! You’re an amazing player. Everyone has had to play that beginning part withe the switch conveyors over and over. It was definitely one of my harder ones. Thank you so much for playing!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Link addition is baffling but also sick as hell. I'm glad they don't mind throwing curveballs like that into this game, in like 10 years Mario Maker could be at the Mario Kart 8 level where gently caress it you can play as anybody from Nintendo's catalogue

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

In Training posted:

The Link addition is baffling but also sick as hell. I'm glad they don't mind throwing curveballs like that into this game, in like 10 years Mario Maker could be at the Mario Kart 8 level where gently caress it you can play as anybody from Nintendo's catalogue

Super Platform Brothers Ultimate.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i really just don't care about any update that's not a bookmark site or equivalent

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wonder if I could incorporate the speed boosters in auto scrollers as a way of keeping the pace 🤔

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Finally an update! That master sword certainly came out of left field but considering how many Zelda themed levels using the Link costume in MM1 were made it feels like a good idea. It’s kind of a shame that the one new power up appears to be another SMB1 exclusive.

The new enemies look great and it’s nice to finally have stuff that fits in with the desert and snow themes. I had a half completed snow level I may go back to now.

Dash pads aren’t too exciting. I don’t think they’re going to reinvigorate anyone’s enthusiasm for making 3D World levels anyway.

Cool to see event courses returning in a way, although I’d really like to have the record holding ghost be something that can be turned on for all levels.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

J-Spot posted:

Dash pads aren’t too exciting. I don’t think they’re going to reinvigorate anyone’s enthusiasm for making 3D World levels anyway.

You fool! You buffoon!!!

Also I wonder if I could make Link auto scrollers 🤔

Edit: Also I REALLY hope once you get the Link powerup, you STAY Link. That was the biggest issue with the amiibo costumes was that if you got hit, you would lose the costume. And the level is pointless if you're not dressed as the character. This is gonna go double for this one where it comes with actual powers and abilities.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 2, 2019

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

YOU ALL DIDN'T BELIEVE ME! I hope there's more elements that can be used with 3D world though, dash pads will be pretty good for making hell stages in 3D world but it does need more.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
does the bomb/bow come automatically with link mode or are they separate powerups once you're in link mode? like will there be levels where you need to bomb a wall to get the bow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Live Free posted:

does the bomb/bow come automatically with link mode or are they separate powerups once you're in link mode? like will there be levels where you need to bomb a wall to get the bow?
They're all part of the Link powerup, from the looks of things.