Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
finally, after being the victim of it for so long at the hands of the narrator, tohru gets to play the role of "destroy a person's entire argument with each single-sentence response"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
He's murdering again... But with words :D

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
Brutal :neet: with logic and facts.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The narrator voice must have been coming from a part of NEET's brain somehow and now he's become able to turn it outwards.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Get him, neet.

Except don't get him too hard because you still have to live next to him.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Oh poo poo, T, what have you done?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

He's fixing every aspect of that old guy's life, you'll see.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

"ok boomer"

John Dounce
Jan 17, 2012

I love weird neighbor guy. Tohru should tell him his life story so he'll turn it into a manga.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mondo Gatto posted:

I love weird neighbor guy. Tohru should tell him his life story so he'll turn it into a manga.

Hmm

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
weird neighbor guy is the artist's self-insert oh mah gawd

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Huh, I thought the manga man would make NEET a manga, man.

NEET instead sets out to destroy manga man's career, the one thing he had left.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Donnerberg posted:

Huh, I thought the manga man would make NEET a manga, man.

NEET instead sets out to destroy manga man's career, the one thing he had left.

actually it seems NEET had this little conversation a little too late to have much of an effect on his career one way or another. NEET appears to have entered mangaman's life immediately after he made a terrible mistake, but just in time to make it clear to him that he has done so. Now he will get to see the fallout with him, as well.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
So now the neighbor has to figure out a way to employ social engineering to ensure his manga will cause an international dispute, and prove this, before print time. Seems easy enough.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"That would be difficult" is Japanese for "gently caress no."

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
The NEET is being out NEETed by this weirdo.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
Yeah that is definitely going to work. Flawless plan grandpa manga man.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Easy solution: don't actually sell the bras, issue an apology next strip

Better start writing neighbour dude, don't wanna miss that publication deadline

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

a manga inside a manga??

whoa

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Is this a very long setup for a 'used bra' sales thing?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

What a grand gesture

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Manga neighbor will bury the bras instead and that will be the next issue

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I'm glad Tohru found a bigger gently caress up than himself

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
Hm I foresee tohru convincing this old man that his life is a complete waste when his wife doesn't come back to him and cue old man killing himself in front of tohru.
(you got this OP, we believe in you! get us to that next choice point!!)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok I really hate saying this, but I'm at a point where I may sacrifice my morals and accept some kind of monetary donation for this, which people have talked about in the past but I was (and still am) uncomfortable with it. I just can't keep pretending to be perfectly fine, financially. A couple weeks ago I got fired from my full-time job entirely without warning and 0 compensation, which has really sucked. So... yes, due to necessity I've come back around to the donation discussions here. What I will NEVER do, is threaten to stop posting, or post less than I otherwise would for free... basically I don't want to be a scumbag. But some kind of tiny "supplementary" income would be nice while I get my affairs in order.

I'm not sure how I would want to do this, because a vague "donate to keep NEET running" feels disingenuous. I've been posting NEET perfectly fine these past couple weeks and I was unemployed the whole time. I was unemployed when I started this thread, actually. So no, the continued existence of NEET comic is **not** threatened at the moment. Only my personal comfort, heh.

One idea I might like, is to actually keep track of billable time and say like, donate $15 for me to "officially" work on NEET for an hour uninterrupted, like a real job, and then post it all. What I don't like about this option though, is the lack of accountability on my part. You really wouldn't have a way to tell if I worked for a whole hour. Also, I wouldn't want this to interrupt my normal "free" posting either, which I fear it might because if I'm exhausted after working on a "paid" update, I may not post as many "free" updates as I would have otherwise.... (also now that there's a banner ad, soliciting y'all is surely against the rules?)

To be honest, I don't even know why any of you even feel the need to compensate me, since I don't honestly think I'm doing anything all that special or important here. I guess, just let me know what you'd be comfortable with? And I'll think about it way more than I did last time, since this time I need money....

I still feel astronomically guilty by making this post, like I'm taking advantage of my popularity or something. But maybe that's flawed... maybe I should put more value in my work. Idk man. It's probably just impostor syndrome.

(alternately, you can pay me to translate something entirely un-neet-related at this post in sa-mart, and i won't feel guilty at all)

also wow this post was way too serious, so here's more neet!!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

You have become NEET. NEET has become you.

Start drawing manga about your wife's underwear.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

I wouldn't mind a pay-per-hour system. I guess accountability isn't really my concern since you did so much for free already and I wouldn't consider it payment-for-work, but more like a donation with perks.

Take care of yourself. Thanks for the work OP. Sorry about your situation.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Ask mods if it's ok, then if so do it and see if people want to donate, no need to overthink it. If they do, it's worth it to them.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Im not sure if any real patreon or donation or whatever requires you to gets into that much detail. If people like NEET they give you money, if they don’t they won’t or they will stop giving money...I wouldn’t complicate it too much or feel to guilty about it

Also your ability to take our continued abuse in the thread and it’s obvious effect on you is accountability enough

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 2, 2019

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Patreon allows you to set up billing per thing you publish on there, rather than per month. So you could publish a batch there and get paid for that, I guess.

A "buy me a coffee" thing is a bit easier to set up and completely optional rather than a subscription thing, if that would suit you better.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Take my god damb money OP!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm gonna commission Mr. Steak to translate the weirdest hentai I can find.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll pay you to translate my assignments into 100% grades.

If the mods allow it I'm happy to pay and I dont give a poo poo about accountability really. I can't help you out this side of christmas though unfortunately. Good luck finding yourself a job my neet friend!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I would totally throw some money at you. Clearly a lot of work has gone into this thread, it's really fun to read, and I've been reading your translation of Souboutei too, so...just seems right!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i made a coffee thing. i think i might be comfortable with this.
https://www.ko-fi.com/neetneetneetneetneet
and uh... lets see what happens i guess.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Ok, I'll send you 15 bucks. But if the next panel is no good, it's sayonara~

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"Then it's 'sayonara' " ?

OP completely forgot to translate that word. This is shoddy workmanship!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Surely it was グッドバイ in the original, wasn't it