Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tunicate posted:

A big name celebrity!

I almost believe that one. Cops aren't very smart and are celebrity whores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Not to be a complete 35 year-old here, but who the living gently caress is Shawn Mendes

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

life is killing me posted:

Not to be a complete 35 year-old here, but who the living gently caress is Shawn Mendes

Singer.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

He’s got that one song from a few years back, something like “credo in unum deum patrem omnipotentem factorem coeli et terrae” or whatever

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I did a quick BingTM Image Search and he's a guy from a stock photo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I thought it was bad when people exaggerated about "something something 2 minutes," demonstrating they have zero understanding of concept or time.

This dude just takes it to a whole new level.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Great Value Justin Bieber.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

the gently caress kind of zinger is that

e: realized a full day later it looks like I'm replying to AlbieQuirky, I meant the Harry Potter in Braille thing

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 18:14 on Oct 3, 2019

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It's a compliment imo. Popular with girls, generic cute boy but he's not a trashbag of a human being.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

the gently caress kind of zinger is that

No, Shawn mendes is a singer

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Hey! No accent shaming!

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Am I missing something? I don't see what Harry Potter has to do with anything. He just means bumps on the hand like Braille, right?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

jjack229 posted:

Am I missing something? I don't see what Harry Potter has to do with anything. He just means bumps on the hand like Braille, right?

I think he was casting around for a book he thought was so long and incomprehensible noone could possibly read it all

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

jjack229 posted:

Pretty sure this is it.

"Doing stuff causes calluses and I've never read any other book"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

jjack229 posted:

yeah this is what I was trying to make my "zinger" comment about

turns out I can't zing either

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

yeah this is what I was trying to make my "zinger" comment about

turns out I can't zing either

YOU CAN COULD WITH ZINGR

quote:

Zingr is a Firefox plug-in that taps into users' social networks and allows them to leave comments on various Web pages across the Internet. After downloading the plug-in and verifying their Facebook information, users can append comments up to 160 characters on Web pages. The comments appear as small, expandable Zingr dialog boxes that can be dragged and dropped anywhere on the page.

The "Zings" are then broadcast to users' networks on Facebook and Twitter, if those features are enabled. Clicking on the link brings up the Web page showing Zings accumulated from within a visitor's network. They will not see Zings left by others. The Zings do not include the Miracle Whip logo.

The app is part of an effort by Miracle Whip to appeal to a younger audience with its "We will not tone it down" ad campaign. On its site, Miracle Whip bills Zingr as "the newest way to add your own flavor to the Web." The messages are meant to be short and snappy.

just imagine all those primo unarchived Zings lost to time~

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Duh, just take a picture of the screen with your camera. Boom. Saved for posterity.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Len posted:

Pretty sure this is it.

"Doing stuff causes calluses and I've never read any other book"

Yeah, "book in Braille" would have been passable, but the "Harry Potter" bit is so unnecessary that it makes the whole joke worse.

Edit: Maybe it’s supposed to be a confusing non sequitur to explain why the guy is still trying to figure it out ten minutes later?

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

YOU CAN COULD WITH ZINGR

just imagine all those primo unarchived Zings lost to time~

this is just that Genius plugin that people used to annotate news articles

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Apparently this teen rescued an unsupervised child who was drowning in a pool, only to be confronted by the child's mother:

E: VV They're usually called "scuba masks" or "diving masks." VV

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 01:30 on Oct 6, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Is calling goggles "scuba glasses" a thing, anywhere?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I like to imagine they went to the swimming pool with some poo poo like this on:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

What a loving STROKE

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So she pushed them in the water, then tried to push them again... from the side of the pool?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

NtotheTC posted:

So she pushed them in the water, then tried to push them again... from the side of the pool?

She was fat so obviously she had to go for the double dip

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

He’s got that one song from a few years back, something like “credo in unum deum patrem omnipotentem factorem coeli et terrae” or whatever

No you're thinking of the monk song from Monty Python

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
(I have just ticked over the twelve-month mark as a store manager for a nationwide video game retailer. My predecessor was quite spineless and let customers walk all over our staff, including encouraging them to break policy for refunds and the like. To help rebuild staff morale, I have given every full-time staff member one “f*** off” a year. If a customer is being difficult or belligerent, the staff member can tell the customer to f*** off and ban them from the store. I will back my team all the way to corporate if they use this, because I know they have the store’s best interest at heart. I am the first one to use this, in the last month. A man approaches my register with a new release game, marked at full price.)

Customer: “I want to do a deal with you guys. [Competitor #1] across the mall have this game for $79.” *$20 cheaper than us* “But, if you promise to sell it to me for $59, I’ll buy another two game from you that are worth $50. What do you say?”

Me: “I’m sorry, if you can find the game cheaper elsewhere then I recommend you go for it as I can’t reduce the price beyond a price match.”

Customer: “Okay, then. Okay, then. I know that [Competitor #2] is selling this game at $59. Will you beat that?”

Me: “No, because according to their website they’re selling the game at $85.”

Customer: “Oh, it’s one of those special ‘in-store only’ sales! It’s not online!”

Me: “Odd. When were you there?”

Customer: “About ten minutes ago.”

Me: “Hmm, well, I was there around half an hour ago on my break. I didn’t see that sticker. Either they did it in the last 20 minutes, or you misread the sign.”

Customer: “Listen. I am a very rich man and I shop here all the time. The owner of this store would be pissed if he knew what you were doing to me. I. Want. This. Game. For. $59. Got. It.?”

Me: “I will sell the game to you at $85 for a price match. No less.”

Customer: “I’m going to call your boss and see what he says.” *pulls out his phone*

Me: *picks up store phone before he has finished dialing* “You’re talking to the boss. F*** off.”

Customer: *shocked* “I… uh… What did you say to me?”

Me: “Sorry, sir, I didn’t recognise you. Can I have your loyalty card, please?”

(The customer hands over his card and I scan it.)

Me: “Okay, thanks for that, Mr. [Customer]. As manager of this store, I inform you that you are no longer welcome on-site for displaying threatening behaviour. Now, f*** off before I call security.”

(My staff stood there with jaws open as he turned and left the store. I updated his loyalty account with details of his banning. One of my team used his “f*** off” the next week on a group of teenagers who were trying to jimmy our shelving racks. We have one staff member with one left; he reckons he’s saving his for Christmas.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Like, just, tell them "no, I can't match prices I can't find online."

Edit: I think the one "gently caress off your banned for life" policy would be a good morale builder, but it would never be used over haggling over prices. Which stores don't actually let anyone do, unless they're nation wide chain is in a Turkish market in an Indiana Jones film.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 10:40 on Dec 2, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Like, just, tell them "no, I can't match prices I can't find online."

Edit: I think the one "gently caress off your banned for life" policy would be a good morale builder, but it would never be used over haggling over prices. Which stores don't actually let anyone do, unless they're nation wide chain is in a Turkish market in an Indiana Jones film.

I'd be hesitant to ever use it, because I doubt your managers "backing" will protect you much if someone from corporate found out/witnessed it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I am a rich man

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'd be hesitant to ever use it, because I doubt your managers "backing" will protect you much if someone from corporate found out/witnessed it.

Yeah, the "corporate" part should trigger a bullshit alarm before the story even starts. There's not a single corporation in the world that will allow its cashiers (at one location) to freely tell customers to gently caress off and ban them for life over being an rear end in a top hat.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Me: Odd, hmm, well, I am not sure that people in real life talk like this at all

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, the "corporate" part should trigger a bullshit alarm before the story even starts. There's not a single corporation in the world that will allow its cashiers (at one location) to freely tell customers to gently caress off and ban them for life over being an rear end in a top hat.

“A nationwide video game retailer.” Just say Game Stop.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jurgan posted:

“A nationwide video game retailer.” Just say Game Stop.

They may have in the original story. Everything posted in that site is edited to be standardized and uniform. So how much of it is the original writer and how much is the rewrite making it all stilted and bad is a mystery

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I come from restaurants not retail and haven't worked at anything that could be called a "nation wide chain," but have actually banned people.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I come from restaurants not retail and haven't worked at anything that could be called a "nation wide chain," but have actually banned people.

well, there's banning people, and then there's actually telling them to "gently caress off". They mean the same thing in the end, but I think people are far more likely to make a big stink about it to your bosses if you curse at them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

haven't worked at anything that could be called a "nation wide chain,"

and there you go

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

well, there's banning people, and then there's actually telling them to "gently caress off". They mean the same thing in the end, but I think people are far more likely to make a big stink about it to your bosses if you curse at them.

I meant it as a metaphor, once per year you can ban someone from the premises and, no questions asked, management would have your back. Actually saying gently caress off to a customer is no where near as satisfying as it seems (I've done that too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perpetual
Sep 7, 2007
I mean, those have to be Australian prices right? Maybe EB Games Australia management really doesn't give a poo poo. :shrug:

Or more likely, it just didn't happen I guess.