Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Bakugo's personality and having an immensely powerful quirk are pretty well intertwined with each other. If bakugo was quirkless, he'd be a very different person as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Bakugo is also about as smart as Deku when things come down to it, just a lot more impulsive.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah bakugo is aggressive and direct but he's also very analytical. It's part of what makes him interesting, he's a jerk and he's very aggressive but he's not at all a meathead. he's very smart but he directs that intelligence differently than deku does.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mirio with OFA would be really hard to write around. Like it would have been a very sensible choice but it wouldn't have done much that was interesting. It'd be really funny the first few times he Harrisburg Smashed some dude in the dick by jumping up from the basement, though.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lunatic Sledge posted:

deku's smart enough that he could have been a vigilante without a quirk (just batman that poo poo), but he had pretty much given up already

In fairness, Deku's also missing a few billion dollars for that route.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

In fairness, Deku's also missing a few billion dollars for that route.

He kidnaps Momo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Quirkless Deku teams up with Mei after she gets kicked out of school for reckless inventing, together they solve crime

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

fool_of_sound posted:

Quirkless Deku teams up with Mei after she gets kicked out of school for reckless inventing, together they solve crime

Yes

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

I'll allow it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My biggest mystery is what Ectoplasm looks like under his costume. Does he have arms? Feet?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The world of MHA already has a Quirkless batman character though. For more information, kids, read My Hero Academia : Vigilantes, on sale today!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I guess Deku would have to take up archery, then

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

The_Doctor posted:

My biggest mystery is what Ectoplasm looks like under his costume. Does he have arms? Feet?

At some point (I think during the Froppy/Tokoyami vs him fight) you can see he has like, peglegs. Dunno if he's an actual amputee or if that's part of the costume tho.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Wahad posted:

At some point (I think during the Froppy/Tokoyami vs him fight) you can see he has like, peglegs. Dunno if he's an actual amputee or if that's part of the costume tho.

According to his character profile, he lost his legs on a mission, but kept doing hero work with prosthetics. He also likes karaoke.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Wahad posted:

Rhonne posted:

According to his character profile, he lost his legs on a mission, but kept doing hero work with prosthetics. He also likes karaoke.

Yeah, I noticed the peglegs during his big episode. Interesting they’re prosthetics. Also that real mouth is nightmare fuel. :stonk:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Rohan Kishibe posted:

The world of MHA already has a Quirkless batman character though. For more information, kids, read My Hero Academia : Vigilantes, on sale today!

when does Vigilantes take place, I've been interested in checking it out but I kind of want to stay show only for the main story and don't want to spoil it for myself

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

when does Vigilantes take place, I've been interested in checking it out but I kind of want to stay show only for the main story and don't want to spoil it for myself

It's set an unspecified number of years before the main series, but it does have characters from the main series show up occasionally(Fatgum is a reoccurring character and Eraserhead had a whole arc going into his backstory in it). It's also the first place where that quirk enhancing drug we saw in the Kirishima episode originated from.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Vigilantes takes place a few years before the main series. All Might is already injured, so less than five years prior.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I noticed the peglegs during his big episode. Interesting they’re prosthetics. Also that real mouth is nightmare fuel. :stonk:

His peglegs are his combat prosthetics apparently, which kind of makes sense. You can make them very solid and reduce unnecessary/complicated parts to avoid getting them damaged in the middle of a fight.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

The extra long hiatus seems to really have killed this show's popularity. Barely any activity after last week's episode in a lot of the places I visit online.

So I pointed this out a few weeks ago, but seriously. Not a peep on the day an episode aired.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It was mostly just setup for the raid with some good bits thrown in(Iida and Todoroki trying to cheer up Deku at lunch, the part with the magical girl toy, and Ryuko showing off her dragon form). Now that the raid has finally started, it's going to be nonstop action for awhile.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 1, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nessus posted:

Mirio with OFA would be really hard to write around. Like it would have been a very sensible choice but it wouldn't have done much that was interesting. It'd be really funny the first few times he Harrisburg Smashed some dude in the dick by jumping up from the basement, though.

Specifically, a naked dude showing up to punch a dude in the dick

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is really cute seeing Iida and Todoroki being so eager to try and support Deku.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Adder Moray posted:

So I pointed this out a few weeks ago, but seriously. Not a peep on the day an episode aired.

shockingly enough a show can do well without nerds babbling about it every week? if we're doing the personal anecdote thing, people in my friend circle who don't even like anime in the slightest are hyped as hell for the show and having more material for them to catch up with is never bad. until we hit the One Piece 'watch 900 episodes to be current' level.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It was a good episode but no big twist or action, so I'm not surprised. Feels like all the lead up to the Forest Lodge attack.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Adder Moray posted:

In this thread sometimes it's for the better.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

ijyt posted:

In this thread sometimes it's for the better.

It's what I'm giving thanks for.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah as a Manga reader I'm absolutely petrified of posting in here so I don't.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
No fear, no regrets, just good promotional images

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku's tie is properly tied, not canon!

Uraraka looks great though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Uraraka probably tied his for him

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

Clearly had help from his mom.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

No fear, no regrets, just good promotional images

Reservoir Dogs is a weird crossover.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ijyt posted:

Reservoir Dogs is a weird crossover.

We already saw the Reservoir Dogs gang. They ran into Overhaul at the end of last season.

It didn't end well for them.

Alfredo Jones
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Rhonne posted:

We already saw the Reservoir Dogs gang. They ran into Overhaul at the end of last season.

It didn't end well for them.

Actually we found out earlier this season that Chisaki actually fixed the gang members back up before leaving with Twice. It's even noted that some of the members don't remember what happened but realized that some long standing aches and pains they were having from before were gone now.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Does that mean Magnet Sunglasses can be put back together, and Masked Magician get his arm back?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Does that mean Magnet Sunglasses can be put back together, and Masked Magician get his arm back?

Magne's corpse could be put back together, but it would not bring her back to life.

And if he had components he could probably repair Compress' arm.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
in case no one else has said it yet

overhaul's power is bullshit

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I do like how Overhaul's power is basically just a more powerful version of Scar's arm from Fullmetal Alchemist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Think of all the good Overhaul could do with a power like his if he were a hero instead of a crazy rear end in a top hat.