Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/RedTRaccoon/status/1200411537078390787

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lol at using the daily mail for a source. That just means it's a coin flip between stolen work and a lie.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The other person is using a fire extinguisher

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Inceltown posted:

lol at using the daily mail for a source. That just means it's a coin flip between stolen work and a lie.

As a source for the "Weird News Headlines, Quotes, & Articles" thread, you mean?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Absurd Alhazred posted:

As a source for the "Weird News Headlines, Quotes, & Articles" thread, you mean?

For anything except maybe a course in places you should never link to under any circumstances. Their whole business model is faking and stealing clickbait so their nazi bosses can get rich and poo poo on the racially impure.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Inceltown posted:

For anything except maybe a course in places you should never link to under any circumstances. Their whole business model is faking and stealing clickbait so their nazi bosses can get rich and poo poo on the racially impure.

I don't remember when you hired me for a job, but if you did you've never sent me a paycheck.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
re: the narwielder

>London Knife Attacker Identified; Public Lauds Narwhal Tusk Takedown

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/30/783850385/london-knife-attacker-identified-public-lauds-narwhal-tusk-takedown

Only time I've seen lauded in print besides that newspaper in back to the future.

Mikezxcv81
Nov 27, 2019
I’ve never seen a tusk used as a defense weapon. That’s Epic.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mikezxcv81 posted:

I’ve never seen a tusk used as a defense weapon. That’s Epic.

Pretty sure he grabbed it and used it offensively. Dude will never have to buy a pint in the pub again.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/nytimesworld/status/1200761441604833280?s=21

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Apostrophe society shuts down because 'ignorance and laziness have won'

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You can't even convince morons to vaccinate their kids. Punctuation didn't have a chance

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

You can't even convince morons to vaccinate their kids. Punctuation didn't have a chance

Anti-vax is a self-correcting problem.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Anti-vax might correct itself, but there'll be a lot of collateral damage. Anyone who can't be vaccinated for health reasons--the very old, the very young, and people with certain autoimmune disorders--is relying on herd immunity in order to avoid getting sick. Take that away and a lot of those people are going to be much worse off.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

HisMajestyBOB posted:

With the added benefit of less kids being on commercial flights!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Given that other forms of child abuse that kill kids aren't, I doubt that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ultrafilter posted:

Anti-vax might correct itself, but there'll be a lot of collateral damage. Anyone who can't be vaccinated for health reasons--the very old, the very young, and people with certain autoimmune disorders--is relying on herd immunity in order to avoid getting sick. Take that away and a lot of those people are going to be much worse off.

There already is a lot of collateral damage.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

1 in 70 people in Samoa have caught measles in the latest outbreak and 48 people have died (~200k people live there) because anti-vax nutters got into the whole country. Rich white women have been sending them vitamins to help the cause.

Thankfully the country is waking the gently caress up and vaccinating but it should never have gotten like this. Anti-vaxxers and their children should be given every disease they don't vaccinate their kids with to see how they feel about it then.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Inceltown posted:

1 in 70 people in Samoa have caught measles in the latest outbreak and 48 people have died (~200k people live there) because anti-vax nutters got into the whole country. Rich white women have been sending them vitamins to help the cause.

Thankfully the country is waking the gently caress up and vaccinating but it should never have gotten like this. Anti-vaxxers and their children should be given every disease they don't vaccinate their kids with to see how they feel about it then.

They did the same thing with the Somali community in Minnesota. I goddamn hate anitvaxxers.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Inceltown posted:

gently caress yeah, let's kill children and weaken herd immunity as punishment for killing children and weakening herd immunity! I like the way you think, you stupid motherfucker!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Azathoth posted:

They did the same thing with the Somali community in Minnesota. I goddamn hate anitvaxxers.

That's hosed. Taking advantage of people with limited medical knowledge, loving disgusting.

I got a buddy from Togo who married a fellow Togolese here and has three children now. After all the disease his extended family went through prior to being granted asylum, you bet your rear end they do everything and anything for their kids' health. The only reason you can't see my guy's smallpox scars is because of the ritual scarring on his face. He said he was the last person in his family to get the 'pox (mid-70's maybe?) and wants to keep it that way.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hell of a way to find out

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I can't believe freddos are overpriced either

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Not sure there's much evidence that the main proponents of Anti Vax stuff are unvaccinated themselves.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

How global warming and mind-eating parasites are creating a global intelligence gap

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

madeintaipei posted:

That's hosed. Taking advantage of people with limited medical knowledge, loving disgusting.

I got a buddy from Togo who married a fellow Togolese here and has three children now. After all the disease his extended family went through prior to being granted asylum, you bet your rear end they do everything and anything for their kids' health. The only reason you can't see my guy's smallpox scars is because of the ritual scarring on his face. He said he was the last person in his family to get the 'pox (mid-70's maybe?) and wants to keep it that way.

Antivaxxers went in hard with the "vaccines cause autism" bullshit, and it hit a nerve because, for reasons not currently known, there is a higher than expected level of autism in children in the Somali American community.

Antivaxxers are predatory scum.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Fixed that for you

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50625558

Amazon pulls Auschwitz-themed Christmas ornaments

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/817898852049154048?s=21

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Randaconda posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50625558

Amazon pulls Auschwitz-themed Christmas ornaments

The supplier was Fcheng; goons should contact him and order Christmas ornaments shaped like a grape, with the word "Nanjing" on it (the Grape of Nanjing, you see), see if he'll make them up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7744061/Amazon-removes-Auschwitz-themed-Christmas-decorations-novelty-bottle-openers.html

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
https://twitter.com/DTmobile/status/1201591119311724547?s=19

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Macron Uses Toddler Reverse Psychology Trick to Fool Trump Into Supporting NATO

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Probably learned that from his wife.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Centuries of inbreeding to blame for ‘Habsburg jaw’ among European royals, study finds

Okay, thanks for finally clearing that up. :shrug:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It seems clearing up the bloodline would be a better call.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There was also some syphillis involved.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/NCA_UK/status/1202618928209498114?s=19

EVIL CORP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

We been knew?

Hey, at least they’re in compliance with truth in advertising laws!

Jesus, the hairstyle. Obviously the least of his crimes, but fuuuuuck.