Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PawParole posted:

Second Gay president. Buchanan was the first

Lincoln had his boyfriend live in the Whitehouse backyard so they could gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I was gonna post this

Lmao she listens to the worst dumbest people. Just like the pod Jons with the DNA test

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Whether Butt is the first gay president or not is irrelevant. He will be the first CIA-American to hold the office and that is truly groundbreaking.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Deified Data posted:

Probably one of her "relatable" drinking a beer in her kitchen videos? Or am I confusing her for someone else?

I feel like all of these nerds tried to ape AOC being a real human and came off as weird as Liz did.

That is precisely what happened. After AOC did a natural human thing while talking about... I don't know, poo poo that happens when you're elected to congress, every single female candidate tried to orchestrate a "come into my boudoir" moment on the
old webcam.

Warren's was posing in her kitchen with the racist pottery when she uttered the immortal phrase, "I think I'm gonna grab a beer!" MY WORD! A BEER! A WOMAN! My bowtie was spinning, let me tell you. That's what the "grab a beer with Liz" and "Let me just grab a beer with bill gates" is all about, it's a callback to that incredibly successful humanizing moment no one gives a flying gently caress about.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yeah, it's not like anyone who has good insurance has ever lost their job and suddenly found themself with no insurance or anything.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Lansdowne posted:

I feel cheated, he didn't give us a new bernie to enjoy :(

we could always repost our favorite garrison bernies
i like tugboat bernie

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Judakel posted:

Whether Butt is the first gay president or not is irrelevant. He will be the first CIA-American to hold the office and that is truly groundbreaking.

How quickly we forget the reign of Bush the Elder

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Judakel posted:

the MKUltra pres

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Feldegast42 posted:

Don't take away from this moment.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

The only modern President to have one term is easily forgettable

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/JockoPotato/status/1201330530559676416?s=19

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tom Guycot posted:

Its such pointless lying. Every campaign is going to do polling, but she lies about the dumbest things that are easy to disprove because... i don't know if she just gets nervous when asked a question she wasn't expecting and gives what she think is the answer that will make people like her, or if its calculated. I think she just panics and blurts out lies. One things for sure, if she does do polling someone is going to pull up the receipts in a day or two.

I think she's just kinda dumb and people confuse "being a white lady with glasses and credentials" with being smart.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My insurance loving rules (at mitigating the catastrophic effects of an evil healthcare system made evil in most part by the demands of the insurance industry) and I will never, ever forget what it was like to spend most of my life without it. The hammer could fall at any time. Your insurance is not truly "good" if it could disappear overnight because your employer is done with you.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1201564299904376832?s=20

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I like how he cannot go after Sanders.

not even trump goes after bernie. his nickname for bernie is "crazy bernie" which is the lowest energy poo poo possible.

"Sleepy Creepy Joe" is accurate, "Pocahontas" is racist as hell but it at least makes sense due to Warren's huge DNA scandal and will rile up his base, and "Alfred E Neuman" is honestly more clever than i thought trump could be.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

WampaLord posted:

He started the (first) Iraq War and presided over the fall of the berlin wall / soviet union but everybody forgets him still, lol

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

I think she's just kinda dumb and people confuse "being a white lady with glasses and credentials" with being smart.

i really wish "but they went to HARVARD!" would stop becoming some kind of qualification that the person in question is really really smart. lmao as if intelligence has anything to do with getting in harvard.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Being forgettable is a plus for CIA spooks.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Deified Data posted:

Probably one of her "relatable" drinking a beer in her kitchen videos? Or am I confusing her for someone else?

I feel like all of these nerds tried to ape AOC being a real human and came off as weird as Liz did.

yeah there was a 6 week period where they all tried to do that. her and Beto especially went hard on it. they didn't realize that people responded well to those not because AOC was streaming from her phone but because she's a human being

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

WampaLord posted:

How quickly we forget the reign of Jimmy Carter

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao from the replies

https://twitter.com/JockoPotato/status/1201562873803223045

Hirsute posted:

I said modern

Anything from before I was born is pre-modern. Duh.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Rhukatah posted:

Does Risperdal even come in a liquid form?

Yes but not an oral liquid dosage form

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

loquacius posted:

Nothing like a Dem primary to make me unironically appreciate Garrison cartoons

tbh this lets pete off lightly but i appreciate the novelty of the insult

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Judakel posted:

Bush sr was director of the CIA

:goonsay:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

tbh this lets pete off lightly but i appreciate the novelty of the insult

As a tall, and beneficiary of tall supremacy, I can't help but to laugh at Peter "Napoleon" Buttigieg.

Fe: I was about to disclaim that I know Napoleon wasn't short, but apparently 5 foot 2 is still accepted according to Wikipedia.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

lmao from the replies

https://twitter.com/JockoPotato/status/1201562873803223045

I said modern

Anything from before I was born is pre-modern. Duh.

Jesus christ. Imagine being so passionate about better things being impossible that you'd pay the Klob campaign to deface your car with the sentiment.

Is this an idea you even have to campaign for? Isn't it just a self-fulfilling prophecy if you just...stop caring?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

I mean the whole "the tallest candidate always wins the presidential election" is the sort of meaningless stats a color commentator throws out in the lull of a baseball game, but still, lol Butt.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Justus posted:

we could always repost our favorite garrison bernies
i like tugboat bernie

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Deified Data posted:

Jesus christ. Imagine being so passionate about better things being impossible that you'd pay the Klob campaign to deface your car with the sentiment.

Is this an idea you even have to campaign for? Isn't it just a self-fulfilling prophecy if you just...stop caring?

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
I guess this is one of Warrens new platforms

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1201364350436593664?s=20

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Agean90 posted:

Nah, he only has the usual COMMIE poo poo that backfires and just looks cool

I wonder if he has caught on to how that doesn’t work. I also love that he has openly admitted to being horny for AOC.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Hirsute posted:

He's history's greatest monster!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

So far only 6 candidates have qualified for december

Berno
Biden
Bootyjidge
Warren
Harris
Klolbuchar

Harris and klob making the cut is funny aimce they are both beneath yang in most polls

Lot of time left until dec 19th tho

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 20:58 on Dec 2, 2019

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

It's good. It's disingenuous but it's good. I hope this pushes Bernie on the issue.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

spacemang_spliff posted:

Bush sr was director of the CIA

:goonsay:

An administrator, not an agent. Agents aren't afraid to get dirty and do some "economic consulting".

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

joepinetree posted:

Buttgieg's deal is actually pretty easy to understand, and super boring. Guy has political ambitions but knows that Harvard grad McKinsey consultant in NYC/DC are a dime a dozen. So he goes home and runs for mayor in a college town, a meaningless position, but it allows him to paint himself as the democrat that can win in a red state. Now, everyone actually from a red state knows that winning a deep blue college town is completely meaningless, and that it requires no great crossover appeal or political talent, but DC people don't know that. But even as he touts his red state credentials, I guarantee that him and Chasten absolutely despise living in Indiana and yearn for the time when they are successful enough to get Hamilton tickets on short notice and to have dinner with Lena Dunham. So he's smart enough to have figured that if grovels enough and is enough of a conduit for the establishment and for rich people, he'll secure a 6 figure gig at CAP or at HUD, where he will give presentations on "crossing the cultural divide: inclusive politics in red states," despite, again, being quite probably the candidate that would do worse in all actual red states. He's found his lane (candidate that DC thinks is good in red states despite all evidence to the contrary) and he'll stick to it, at least as long as it gets him out of Indiana and to a more "cultured" place. I guarantee that once he's out of South Bend, he's never living in Indiana again.

If his goal was just to live in a big city, wouldn't staying a McKinsey consultant (or something similar) allow him to do that? I get the impression he specifically wants actual political power.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Eh, we should, but it's not something she would have actual control over. It would have to be an amendment, which requires supermajorities in both houses of Congress or a supermajority of state legislatures. Then after proposal, it'd have to be ratified.

The Republicans hold 59% of 66% so they'd be way more likely to be able to get an amendment proposed.

And they lecture us about political reality.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/JoeBeOne/status/1200908502874632192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

it's not a great idea to say this pre-Iowa, imo