Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They could have just waited 2-5 years for those pines to grow the gently caress up and cover the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I'm the Hyundai Volkswagen Toyota Lexus slammed Kia garage

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

That's a really ugly, pointless addition.
I even despise the driveway. Why would you make a wide gravel border - where nothing will grow - beside a brick driveway? Either brick the whole thing, or have a garden area where the ugly gravel is.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I even despise the driveway. Why would you make a wide gravel border - where nothing will grow - beside a brick driveway? Either brick the whole thing, or have a garden area where the ugly gravel is.

Drainage? (Not that I believe that's what that gravel is for but it could be.)

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

In my neighborhood, zoning requires the cement driveway can only be as wide as the garage, but there is no limit on landscaping at the edge of the driveway. So you see a lot of "decorative rock edging" that is really just extra parking space.

This guy already has a parking pad though so I assume this is nothing more than an additional display of horrific taste.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

This picture exemplifies the phrase 'as useless as tits on a bull'.

Slate Slabrock
Sep 12, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Shut up Meg posted:

On the plus side, 10mins with a chainsaw and you've got a perfectly acceptable house and some firewood.

I bet that's all extruded foam.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

What is this supposed to be called? A Roman something-or-other? With the back open would this thing turn into some sort of bird/critter roost?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
They're just saving up their money for walls and then its an addition rather than an ungodly monstrosity.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

wheatpuppy posted:

In my neighborhood, zoning requires the cement driveway can only be as wide as the garage, but there is no limit on landscaping at the edge of the driveway. So you see a lot of "decorative rock edging" that is really just extra parking space.

This guy already has a parking pad though so I assume this is nothing more than an additional display of horrific taste.

That's an interesting point, I had never heard of that practice.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
When I posted that I just kind of assumed it had a nice big balcony/deck on the second floor, but no, pretty sure there's nothing there at all except some tie in beams. It's even less useful than I imagined.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Looks all open to me, with just that arbor gate/arch on the side.

amethystdragon
Sep 14, 2019

wesleywillis posted:

They're just saving up their money for walls and then its an addition rather than an ungodly monstrosity.

If they have that house and yard, they shouldn't need to save for anything...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The power move of all power moves

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
That's clearly someone who got fed up missing parcels whilst on the toilet.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

might

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Must be a political commentator.
*Canned laughter*

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The power movement of all power movements

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The power bowel movement of all power bowel movements

FTFY

Also, what's really needed is a roll-up shade inside the window, photorealistically printed with the view of the empty bathroom. Wait for passersby while taking a dump, and when they approach the window, roll the shade up in a flash. Magic!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

That's kinda what he posted you just added another word to make it very absolutely clear you mean poop out of a butt.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

That's kinda what he posted you just added another word to make it very absolutely clear you mean poop out of a butt.

I would've just gone with power movement, still holds onto the poop out of a butt reference if you ask me.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Anyone have a link to that reddit post/imgur album of the guy who built a shed by just stacking a bunch of 2x4 pieces along with some random windows thrown in?

Searched this thread but didn't see it, I must have missed it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

DrBouvenstein posted:

Anyone have a link to that reddit post/imgur album of the guy who built a shed by just stacking a bunch of 2x4 pieces along with some random windows thrown in?

Was it this? https://cheezburger.com/65285/worst-diy-shed-project-ever

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I wish the original thread/updates were available.

Jows
May 8, 2002

My microwave crapped out. When I pulled it this is what I found. I guess it's a testament to GE's engineering that of the 4 screws they specify in their installation instructions apparently as long as you got one in a stud it will do the job for 10+ years.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The fence goes on for about 50ft and it all looks like this.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Jows posted:

My microwave crapped out. When I pulled it this is what I found. I guess it's a testament to GE's engineering that of the 4 screws they specify in their installation instructions apparently as long as you got one in a stud it will do the job for 10+ years.

The tops of the vertical bars are clamped between the upper cabinet and the drywall, so that keeps the top of the bracket from rotating away from the wall. All the bottom screw needs to do is hold the weight of the portion of the microwave that isn't supported by the top bolts, and that isn't much. It's a pretty good design and makes it possible to install one all by yourself if you are careful and patient.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Jows posted:

"Put at least one of the screws into a stud on the lower bracket and then it's all good" is essentially what my microwave install instructions said.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

there wolf posted:

I thought the Drunken Builders pre-dated the Incas.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DrBouvenstein posted:

I think the other one is it, but I’m giving this an honourable mention:

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Pretty close. That's the shed that was built by just stacking a bunch of windows along with some random 2x4 pieces thrown in.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Platystemon posted:

I think the other one is it, but I’m giving this an honourable mention:

That is almost exactly the first thing I built out of crafted materials in minecraft.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

there wolf posted:

I hope it's your neighbor that's paying for it.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I hope it's your neighbor that's paying for it.

It's at my friends apartment complex separating the parking lot from a different, slightly more elevated cheap apartment complex. I don't know which one owns the mess, but I like to think they've both formally disavowed it but continue to patch it because neither one wants to pay for a new one.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Nevets posted:

The tops of the vertical bars are clamped between the upper cabinet and the drywall, so that keeps the top of the bracket from rotating away from the wall. All the bottom screw needs to do is hold the weight of the portion of the microwave that isn't supported by the top bolts, and that isn't much. It's a pretty good design and makes it possible to install one all by yourself if you are careful and patient.

The top ends were not clamped, they were free-floating, but the picture does make it look that way. I took the bracket down this afternoon. They drilled all the holes for the toggles, but decided to not install them? And what's up with all the other holes in the middle of the bracket area? It wasn't a former installation. This house is only 11 years old and that microwave was original.

I'm not crying about it though. The previous owners cooked a lot with a lot of oil. The cabinets were all super sticky to the touch, the door hardware was CAKED with grease, and the microwave oozed oil out of every seam - inside and out. Once a week I have to clean a large sticky glob of nasty old oil that has seeped out of the microwave and dripped onto the stovetop. The maid we hired to clean the kitchen before we moved in spent a whole day scraping the tops of the cabinets with a putty knife.

Good riddance. Gives us a good opportunity to get a new fridge too since our current one shakes the whole floor when the compressor kicks on.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Ewww.......

I cook with "a lot of oil" but I know that means that I need to clean my kitchen regularly.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Jows posted:

I'm not crying about it though. The previous owners cooked a lot with a lot of oil. The cabinets were all super sticky to the touch, the door hardware was CAKED with grease, and the microwave oozed oil out of every seam - inside and out. Once a week I have to clean a large sticky glob of nasty old oil that has seeped out of the microwave and dripped onto the stovetop. The maid we hired to clean the kitchen before we moved in spent a whole day scraping the tops of the cabinets with a putty knife.

:barf: My parents old house one of the first things they had to do was scoop caked up oil out of the in-stovetop-exhaust-fan thing. The fan barely moved any air when they bought it, didn't even adjust the flame on the stove, and after a while of scooping it all out it basically could extinguish the flame on the stove it pulled so hard. I thankfully never saw it but the description of it was enough to make me want to hurl. Thanks for the reminder of that fun story.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

this instantly reminded me of something but i didn't care enough to do a good job

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
From the OSHA thread, incase you aren't subscribed to that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I love the dude posted up filming knows exactly what's about to happen