Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not unless they revealed they banged when Quentin was time swapped.

Well he swapped back when they were kissing so I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Most of the cast has finished filming for the season and there's been a few hints that someone else leaves at the end of the season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Most of the cast has finished filming for the season and there's been a few hints that someone else leaves at the end of the season.

Your girl and my girl are the only main cast with another job listed after this season.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Yeah. Someone’s instagram story last night made it sound pretty blatant that they’re gone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If anything happens to Margo we(I) riot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A couple of the cast members posted some things on Instagram that they've since deleted that sort of implied that season 5 is the end of the series and I am SHOOK.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

A couple of the cast members posted some things on Instagram that they've since deleted that sort of implied that season 5 is the end of the series and I am SHOOK.

Hardly surprising, Syfy has probably had a hard on for cancelling it for ages.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Hardly surprising, Syfy has probably had a hard on for cancelling it for ages.

It's their best performing show, so that's unlikely.

I suspect Syfy's being shuttered generally, in preparation for NBC's streaming channel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Trevor Einhorn made it sound like he'd done his final wardrobe session and Stella Maeve called it a closed chapter. It doesn't sound great for the show long term.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

and yet here's a cast member saying "we want another season please watch"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did you miss the line where she acknowledges that there is talk of it being over? I've seen a lot of that chatter on the assorted social media posts and clearly she's aware of it.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhyno posted:

Did you miss the line where she acknowledges that there is talk of it being over? I've seen a lot of that chatter on the assorted social media posts and clearly she's aware of it.

She literally says "if you think its over, it's not!" dude

But yeah this is probably the last season imo

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I mean. The fact that some cast members posted about a chapter of their life being over (presumably because they don’t survive the season) throws up a bunch of confusion as to whether it’s over in general or over for them specifically.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Asema posted:

She literally says "if you think its over, it's not!" dude

But yeah this is probably the last season imo

She literally says "we hope to get at least one more season." It sounds like she knows it isn't likely and is trying to rally fan support.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhyno posted:

She literally says "we hope to get at least one more season." It sounds like she knows it isn't likely and is trying to rally fan support.

I'm reading it a different way because "You think it's over but it's not, we want at least one more" is more positive than what you are putting down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm reading negatively because I've seen multiple other posts implying that it's done. I hope it's not and they get to keep going but even if it does it sounds like others are out at the end of season 5.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The Magicians season 6 - The adventures of Todd and Josh.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Five seasons is still a drat good run in this day and age. I want more but wouldn't be surprised if they called it quits. They wrote off a main character and got hella backlash for it, that may well affect season 5 viewership.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That annoyed the shitbout of me, Jason Ralph wanted out, that's why Q died. It just happened to work incredibly well with the story and had the right emotional punch.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's their best performing show, so that's unlikely.

I suspect Syfy's being shuttered generally, in preparation for NBC's streaming channel.

I'd buy that as a theory more than Magician's being canceled for any reason aside from the people making it wanting to end the story this season.

Even in that case it's quite possible for the show to find another home, though that's relatively rare. Still, I never count out a show that has a comic-con panel from possibly pulling something off if it's canceled or there's a network upheaval.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
I think one more season would be a good thing. Too many shows on TV get run into the ground and persist long after no one gave a gently caress about them because the quality dropped (I'm looking at you, HIMYM; yes I'm STILL pissed about that).

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Amazon should pick up the show like The Expanse

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I'm not gonna speculate about the show wrapping. I love these characters, but every story needs a conclusion. But that said; why not go the route of the new comic series and do a new Brakebills class. Or a period piece? Magicians is well positioned for a "Next Generation" style sequel to tell more stories with similar themes and settings.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
I don't want it to end, but after last season I'm confident that they can write an ending that I'd be happy with.

That said I could watch a dozen seasons of it and I'd watch all these

ZorajitZorajit posted:

But that said; why not go the route of the new comic series and do a new Brakebills class. Or a period piece? Magicians is well positioned for a "Next Generation" style sequel to tell more stories with similar themes and settings.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

mycomancy posted:

I think one more season would be a good thing. Too many shows on TV get run into the ground and persist long after no one gave a gently caress about them because the quality dropped (I'm looking at you, HIMYM; yes I'm STILL pissed about that).

You’re not wrong, but himym was garbage from episode one with the possible exception of NPH. Shame they only gave him a couple of jokes and made him repeat them over and over and over.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Loucks posted:

You’re not wrong, but himym was garbage from episode one with the possible exception of NPH. Shame they only gave him a couple of jokes and made him repeat them over and over and over.

Season one was a masterpiece loving fight me

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HIMYM seemed like it was made for the just-30 white dude who had numerous thoughts about how his life would have shaped up with each character playing that part and also it wasn't good

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
HIMYM was at its best, cute. I never saw an episode where I laughed, but it certainly had a charming cast.

BBT was actually dumb. I don't understand how it last so long. Someone else put it far better than I did, but it wasn't a show about nerds that would use nerd culture to make jokes. It made nerd culture the joke.

Blonde Neighbor: What's your favorite movie? Mine is Dirty Dancing.

Nerdy Neighbor: Star Wars

AUDIENCE LAUGHTER

Blonde Neighbor: I work in sales. What's your job?

Nerdy Neighbor: Nuclear Engineer

UPROARIOUS AUDIENCE LAUGHTER

I think all the worries about The Magicians being canceled are premature. SyFy renewed the show for this upcoming fifth season just days before season 4 premiered. It's SyFy's highest rated show, and while its budget has gone up, it's still not super expensive. I'd be surprised if they canceled it, unless season 5 was just really bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm just worried about Josh. If Josh dies there will be consequences.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I'm just worried about Josh. If Josh dies there will be consequences.

This.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Now it's Todd's chance to shine!

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

BBT was actually dumb. I don't understand how it last so long. Someone else put it far better than I did, but it wasn't a show about nerds that would use nerd culture to make jokes. It made nerd culture the joke.
It was a totally accurate depiction of the kind of nerd who gets jobs in Silicon Valley or Washington DC and anyone who disagrees ain't never lived or worked in one of those places, or has huge blinders on and exists solely on a diet of denial and lack of self reflection.

e: It also sucked and wasn't funny, don't get me wrong, but it was spot on.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Whalley posted:

It was a totally accurate depiction of the kind of nerd who gets jobs in Silicon Valley or Washington DC and anyone who disagrees ain't never lived or worked in one of those places, or has huge blinders on and exists solely on a diet of denial and lack of self reflection.

e: It also sucked and wasn't funny, don't get me wrong, but it was spot on.

Shrug. I'm a nerd who works in Washington, DC. Maybe I have those blinders on.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Jan 15th lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiUMhh4gV1w

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Not available in Canada

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Did they mute-bleep Margo in the trailer?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Did they mute-bleep Margo in the trailer?

And Eliot

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Margo is the best cusser in the history of teevee.

This is the most bullshit.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They're not gonna mute her on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Rhyno posted:

Margo is the best cusser in the history of teevee.

This is the most bullshit.

SyFy had to ditch The Expanse because otherwise there would have been an Avasarala vs Margo cuss-off and the No-Cussing Club would lose its shucks.