Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Shrapnig posted:

It was a fantastic goal and he’s very good but I feel like he’ll end up a player who relishes being a big fish in a small pond like Wilf Zaha and won’t end up seeing his full potential

Seems like a good fit for United

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Seems like a good fit for United

A spine of De Gea, Maguire, Grealish, and Rashford you say?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Shrapnig posted:

It was a fantastic goal and he’s very good but I feel like he’ll end up a player who relishes being a big fish in a small pond like Wilf Zaha and won’t end up seeing his full potential

Serious question - which "big club" would he thrive at better atm vs being the "big fish"/talisman at Villa and getting lots of playing time to allow him to develop?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sticksy posted:

Serious question - which "big club" would he thrive at better atm vs being the "big fish"/talisman at Villa and getting lots of playing time to allow him to develop?

He’s 24, how much “developing” is he going to do?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Grealish should stay at Villa. Most clubs that would buy him would tuck him in a drawer for safekeeping. He should embrace being a talisman

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Shrapnig posted:

He’s 24, how much “developing” is he going to do?

I’m confused - you were the one who previously stated he wouldn’t realize his potential at Villa, implying he could develop further elsewhere?? So, which big club should he go to then to realize his potential?

(Manchester United as a comedy answer doesn’t count.)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Grealish would absolutely be the talisman at Manchester United.

Competing with Lingard, Mata and Pereira ffs.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That would hurt Lingard's development though. In a few years he could be world class.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I hope grealish does a le tissier and never leaves villa

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Grealish kinda looks like Cara Delevingne imo

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Grealish should stay at Villa. Most clubs that would buy him would tuck him in a drawer for safekeeping. He should embrace being a talisman

lol what the gently caress are you on about

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

kcer posted:

lol what the gently caress are you on about

I think he feels that Grealish is good, but not CL-winning or League-winning starter good, so he’d be spending his time at a big club on the bench.

I think the guy has a higher ceiling than that from what I’ve seen.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Brony Car posted:

I think he feels that Grealish is good, but not CL-winning or League-winning starter good, so he’d be spending his time at a big club on the bench.

I think the guy has a higher ceiling than that from what I’ve seen.

I agree with all of this. My question is ultimately WHICH club could A) realistically afford him (and no doubt they'd have to be English because no foreign club would pay the silly money Villa would want) and B) actually utilize him properly to get the best out of him etc.

If I'm looking at the top 6 (well, historically from the last 10 years or so):
  • City - loaded, already have de Bruyne and the Silva's as #10's
  • Liverpool - got rid of a similar player and went on to win the CL, their midfield is about solidity, not creativity now
  • Leicester - Maddison plays in that position, not splashing crazy money for another similar player
  • Chelsea - See Leicester but swap for Mount, also transfer ban lol
  • Spurs - Delli Alli seems to be rejuvenated under Jose, Levy would never spend the money
  • Manchester United - they're a shambles but could be desperate, fits into their style of play technically but they usually play with 2- or 3-Forwards iirc but if Pogba is moved on maybe he plays in midfield? I doubt Woodward would splash cash for a relative unknown like him who wouldn't have loads of associated sponsorship potential
Am I missing something or (very likely) way overthinking what is pre-emptive Silly Season nonsense?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Isn't this Silva's last season? Thought he was retiring.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Isn't this Silva's last season? Thought he was retiring.

There are two Silvas

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sticksy posted:

I agree with all of this. My question is ultimately WHICH club could A) realistically afford him (and no doubt they'd have to be English because no foreign club would pay the silly money Villa would want) and B) actually utilize him properly to get the best out of him etc.

• Liverpool - got rid of a similar player and went on to win the CL, their midfield is about solidity, not creativity now
  • Leicester - Maddison plays in that position, not splashing crazy money for another similar player
  • Spurs - Delli Alli seems to be rejuvenated under Jose, Levy would never spend the money
  • Manchester United - they're a shambles but could be desperate, fits into their style of play technically but they usually play with 2- or 3-Forwards iirc but if Pogba is moved on maybe he plays in midfield? I doubt Woodward would splash cash for a relative unknown like him who wouldn't have loads of associated sponsorship potential
Am I missing something or (very likely) way overthinking what is pre-emptive Silly Season nonsense?

Spurs were in for him before. Why wouldn't they be in for him now? Is his workrate that low? I feel like players can "learn" that with proper coaching and motivation.

If he keeps improving, I don't see why any of those teams wouldn't be in for him. Keep in mind that Silva's getting on in years. And Chelsea's ban is going to be up soon, right?

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

sticksy posted:

lol at leaving out Arsenal, a club in dire need of quality midfielders

Ozil would be his only competition and he hasn't been arsed for two years or more

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

brasstassels posted:

lol at leaving out Arsenal, a club in dire need of quality midfielders

Villa would want like £80m

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Big Huski Boi posted:

Villa would want like £80m

Arsenal seem to be conveniently finding money lately, including 80m for Pepe. Grealish does look unlikely, though.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal seem to be conveniently wasting money lately, including 80m for Pepe.

Grealish would be worth it, so Arsenal won’t do it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lille allowed us to structure Pepe's payments in a very beneficial way, I don't think we'd get the same from Villa.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Amazon UK makes their debut for the Premier League in the UK. They will stream all matches for this matchday and having dedicated studio team for each match.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7750683/Amazon-Prime-Q-Ahead-live-Premier-League-broadcasts-answer-key-questions.html

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

psyer posted:

Amazon UK makes their debut for the Premier League in the UK. They will stream all matches for this matchday and having dedicated studio team for each match.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7750683/Amazon-Prime-Q-Ahead-live-Premier-League-broadcasts-answer-key-questions.html

Easily better than Sky or BT Sport from the point of view of watching on a laptop, that isn’t running Windows.

Also their website is generally competent, streams are top quality, doesn’t log you out every 2 hours etc.

They do need to work on the haircut diversity in their pundit team though.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Grealish seems like a big, massive twat and thus a perfect United signing.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

wooger posted:

Easily better than Sky or BT Sport from the point of view of watching on a laptop, that isn’t running Windows.

Also their website is generally competent, streams are top quality, doesn’t log you out every 2 hours etc.

Looks like there is option for no commentary and just have stadium audio.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at how easily zaha went down there

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao sakho

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Yeah that's a fair red

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What a fuckin morron

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Watching live football on Amazon, cor blimey

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
lol palace defenders dropping like flies

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

wooger posted:

The Sky Go app for Mac is pretty good. As I'm forced into using a MacBook for work I'm glad that it exists.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

quote:

Adam Smith is being booed for being kicked in the knees. If you're watching on a stream that challenge from Mamadou Sakho is probably just about connecting now.

Lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Prime player is pretty nifty

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

phwoar Jesus :eyepop:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Thassa nice goal

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Some interesting challenges goin on here

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I always let Burnley get my hopes up because I’m a sucker.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Can watch replays at my leisure on the Prime player. Lol, Sky have been doing this how long now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Bournemouth are loving useless