Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Finally, some scrutiny https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1201859119898083333

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1201822002476134401?s=20

Chukafukked

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jippa posted:

UKMT is incredibly feisty today.

Good innit.

I slept like poo poo last night so I'm really irritable and it's been cathartic so far

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I look forward to seeing what Umunna brings to the table as a Plaid Cyrmu candidate.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I was about to go WHAT to that Poll, but its for London so of course.

Also I think Brown Moses needs to do what all of us need to do, sit around for a bit and think about ideological blind spots/ things we don't know as much about.

It's one of the reasons I dislike twitter in that it's considered a good idea to just post everything all the time.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Yeah, I really appreciate UKMT not putting up with this nonsense. Watching BM's fall over the last few years has been utterly bizarre.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Lt. Danger posted:

imprison Brown Moses

I’m surprised I haven’t gotten an angry PM yet for the sixer tbh.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
All I want is for Jezza to get his Lithuanian guy to hack and release the Russian interference report. Is that so much to ask?

https://twitter.com/maximiliangapes/status/1201779641280802816

L M F A O, huge if true.

Also that Aussie 'sort your poo poo out melts' cartoon is doing huge numbers on the Graun apparently

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...e-for-him-right

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

gently caress me, Elliot debates like he posts :D

This is genuinely pathetic, and I strongly empathise with the frustration Postol shows. Sometimes someone is so bad at debating that they fail to even understand how badly they are losing. Thank you for the demonstration, Brown Moses.

BM's debating tactics: talk over everybody, refuse to answer any questions and instead spin your own barely related questions that demonstrate your own failure of understanding, go for constant ad hominems, use airquotes to ridicule the word 'science', appeal vaguely to authorities that you try to avoid naming, load your voice with scorn and when you hear "one at a time, please" assume "oh, that must mean me!"

Did I miss anything? I called him a Pissflaps with pretensions and I hadn't even seen him debate. Now I know for sure that's what he is :D

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Josef bugman posted:

Also I think Brown Moses needs to do what all of us need to do, sit around for a bit and think about ideological blind spots/ things we don't know as much about.

His entire career is built on the foundation of not doing just that, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Lightning Knight posted:

Maybe he's trying to get hold of the manager?

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

RockyB posted:

All I want is for Jezza to get his Lithuanian guy to hack and release the Russian interference report. Is that so much to ask?

https://twitter.com/maximiliangapes/status/1201779641280802816

L M F A O, huge if true.

Also that Aussie 'sort your poo poo out melts' cartoon is doing huge numbers on the Graun apparently

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...e-for-him-right

It's a parody account

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Maximillian Gapes pretends to be Miwk Gapes son who still lives with him but hates his dad.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Lightning Knight posted:

He apparently wasn't lying being "about to vote Labour" as he posted a few minutes ago, he *just* sent off his postal ballot. And then you probed him.

Brown Moses posted:

I literally just postal voted for Labour.

Great rush to judgement, though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/rowenamason/status/1201831122029699072

Nexa
Apr 1, 2010
I don't know if you remember me ranting on about getting that fake bill / DWP leaflet letter thing.

Well I found an indie journo type who also thought it was proper shite (that person was AAV - Another Angry Voice, who makes leftie memes on FB to share and flood boomers with .etc), and pictures of that leaflet + talking about how evil it is to scare people who don't have a lot of money, via a fake bill, have now been shared 1.6k times.

Yaay. \o/

Nexa fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 3, 2019

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
A letter came through the door today.

quote:

Better hospitals. Safer streets. Improved schools. Let's unlock Britain's future.

The last few years have been frustrating. I get it. I've been just as frustrated as you.

We've had nearly three years of a hung parliament that agrees on nothing except more arguments.

But we don't have to go on like this. Together we can end the doom and gloom.

This country needs a majority government. And you can secure it with your vote.

The great thing about a majority government is that it can get stuff done. And that's exactly what we'll do.

Passing our Brexit deal - which is agreed and ready to go from day one. It protects jobs and trade. It means we can leave the EU by the end of January. And it means we can get on with the country's priorities.

£33.9 billion extra for the NHS. So your local hospital and local GPs can give you the healthcare you need.

20,000 extra police officers. With the powers they need to keep us safe.

More funding for every pupil in every school. So your child gets a better education.

And a growing economy that creates jobs and pays for our public services.

Let's put the last three years behind us. Let's get on with the country's priorities.

Britain has spent too long going nowhere, spinning round in a hamster wheel of doom. That's why your role in this election is a huge one. Because you can get us out of it.

Your vote can secure a majority government - if you vote Conservative. Last time we were just NINE seats short of a majority. This election will be just as close.

So I'm asking you to use your vote for the Conservatives.

Let's end the delays. Let's get on with the country's priorities. And let's unleash Britain's potential.

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson
Prime Minister

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Vlex posted:

It's a parody account

No sorry, this is 2019. Max Gapes is a legitimate source of news now.

E: I mean loving BuzzFeed is :argh:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

jackhunter64 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 13, 2019

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jackhunter64 posted:

I kept seeing ads for the Amazon Jack Ryan spy show that opens with someone muttering 'The Russians are giving weapons to the Venezuelans' and thought it was way too on the nose to actually be ghostwritten by the CIA but then the main actor said the quiet part loud lmao

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/john-krasinski-praises-cia/

I liked season 1, but season 2 of Jack Ryan might be the worst piece of garbage propaganda I have ever watched. And it just gets worse and worse with every episode.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Rust Martialis posted:

He apparently wasn't lying being "about to vote Labour" as he posted a few minutes ago, he *just* sent off his postal ballot. And then you probed him.

Great rush to judgement, though.

voting for labour makes up for being a war-cheerleading CIA propagandist

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

I look forward to seeing what Umunna brings to the table as a Plaid Cyrmu candidate.

He will turn up wearing full highland regalia.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm very excited for the commentariat's eventual breakdown into IF CHUKA UMUNNA WAS IN CHARGE :byodood: Lib Dem articles

e: Ok who the gently caress got Braggart that avatar and why are they trolling me? :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

VG, please do the needful

It is done.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Vlex posted:

It's a parody account
Yea but Jo; is a parody leader so it sort of cancels out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

It is done.

Not like this

Not like this

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
BM going all in on the NHS stuff but completely ignoring the Russia Report the Tories are sitting on is all you need to know.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Braggart posted:

gently caress me, Elliot debates like he posts :D

This is genuinely pathetic, and I strongly empathise with the frustration Postol shows. Sometimes someone is so bad at debating that they fail to even understand how badly they are losing. Thank you for the demonstration, Brown Moses.

BM's debating tactics: talk over everybody, refuse to answer any questions and instead spin your own barely related questions that demonstrate your own failure of understanding, go for constant ad hominems, use airquotes to ridicule the word 'science', appeal vaguely to authorities that you try to avoid naming, load your voice with scorn and when you hear "one at a time, please" assume "oh, that must mean me!"

Did I miss anything? I called him a Pissflaps with pretensions and I hadn't even seen him debate. Now I know for sure that's what he is :D

He's centrist Sargon of Akkad.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RottenK posted:

Somewhere, Tony Blair feels a slight shiver

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nexa posted:

I don't know if you remember me ranting on about getting that fake bill / DWP leaflet letter thing.

Well I found an indie journo type who also thought it was proper shite (that person was AAV - Another Angry Voice, who makes leftie memes on FB to share and flood boomers with .etc), and pictures of that leaflet + talking about how evil it is to scare people who don't have a lot of money, via a fake bill, have now been shared 1.6k times.

Yaay. \o/

Oh hey I remember your first bit of the story - nice to see it's getting some traction, and yeah AAV owns.

jackhunter64 posted:

My brother had a whinge about being blocked by that guy, something to do with calling him a crank for posting things about 'welsh council workers controlling the media'. He backed Yvette Cooper for leader though so I'm generally sympathetic to whoever he's opposing.

He followed me the other day after I helped signal boost another squirrel meme.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

RottenK posted:

No, no, get it straight: Claiming to vote for Labour makes up for being a war-cheerleading CIA propagandist.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

xtothez posted:

https://twitter.com/JamesCrisp6/status/1201747955298029573

Translation: "Move along, nothing to see here"

hmmm not sure this is on really

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

He's centrist Sargon of Akkad.

I was trying to put my finger on something like this and you nailed it

ThisBunkCannotSwim
Sep 17, 2010

Get in the bin.

jackhunter64 posted:

I kept seeing ads for the Amazon Jack Ryan spy show that opens with someone muttering 'The Russians are giving weapons to the Venezuelans' and thought it was way too on the nose to actually be ghostwritten by the CIA but then the main actor said the quiet part loud lmao

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/john-krasinski-praises-cia/

I kind of love that advert, in the same way I have a soft spot for Rocky IV. It's pure hegemony, they didn't even bother cutting it with 'nothing matters' or 'self depreciation' before putting it out on the street.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

I thought BM was admirable when he started out and was excited for him to investigate the tories and domestic corruption then he went in on the Russians and never stopped

Now I'm like oooooohhh

Spooks and spook propagandists should stick to disinformation about foreign affairs imo because when they wade into domestic politics where it affects the actual lives of their target audience a bunch of lightbulbs start switching on

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I do think that if I was very very wealthy and had a job where everyone is supposed to listen to me I'd also find it hard to think "Maybe the hegemon I serve under is in fact poo poo.

Is there any way to see ourselves from the outside and do self-critique without it becoming masterbatory "I am so sad, wahhh" stuff?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

VideoGames posted:

It is done.

Yay, thank you! :D

Rarity posted:

Not like this

Not like this

And thank you Rarity! :D

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

is holly willoughby a labour voter, she seems really nice and fun i want her to be a labour voter

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Not like this

Not like this

I have rectified my mistake.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

I do think that if I was very very wealthy and had a job where everyone is supposed to listen to me I'd also find it hard to think "Maybe the hegemon I serve under is in fact poo poo.

Is there any way to see ourselves from the outside and do self-critique without it becoming masterbatory "I am so sad, wahhh" stuff?

Listening to other people, mostly. And also a basic willingness to properly introspect, which is a skill the vast majority of people don't have (and would consider it a grave insult that they might be asked to learn it)

So not what BM did lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Nexa posted:

Yaay. \o/

That's great news.

Azza Bamboo posted:

A letter came through the door today.

I've seen "vote of conservatives" ads in front of some youtube videos explaining how they'll "get stuff done" and it's like the last few years of getting nothing done has been a dream.