Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

Oh boy, actually paying attention to Nezha's skills and NP, she looks like an amazing farmer. NP charge, Buster boost and NP strength up, what's the catch?

The catch is that Santa Lily is much, much better at farming.

Even if Nezha's NP5 Santa Lily still does more damage.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nezha can do many things but is best at none

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
W-who were you trying to summon, Da Vinci?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Also random question as I'm coming back after a few months, I know that the EoR singularities aren't mandatory to access part 2, but is there an expectation of any kind of bonus for clearing them all before part 2 lands, like how having Babylon finished before Solomon meant you got 30 quartz? Because I really don't want to deal with agartha but am willing to just smash that skip button if having it done means some free tickets or whatever.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Also random question as I'm coming back after a few months, I know that the EoR singularities aren't mandatory to access part 2, but is there an expectation of any kind of bonus for clearing them all before part 2 lands, like how having Babylon finished before Solomon meant you got 30 quartz? Because I really don't want to deal with agartha but am willing to just smash that skip button if having it done means some free tickets or whatever.

there will eventually be master missions that give 10 sq per EoR cleared but they're never required for any other sort of bonus

the 30 sq we get at the end of this year are only tied to completing the Part 2 Prologue before Jan 1, and you only need to complete Solomon to unlock the prologue.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Agartha isn't that bad save for a handful of cringey moments and the ending making GBS threads the bed. It's worth it for more Astolfo bantz, a pretty cool faux-Drake Alter character, and a great heel turn by a certain character towards the end.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it seems like caster team may not be so bad after all

Sanzo effortlessly one-shotted Jeanne through class advantage :boom:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Finally got off my butt and finished Shimousa. Real proud of getting Billy on the backline to fight Empireo blind... and having equipped him with Kayneth's CE. :getin:

Now, what's this about Salem. Ah, witches, superstition, Randolph Carter and Lavinia Whateley. Even if I weren't spoiled about Salem earlier, the namedrops were like "oh, that kind of story, huh."

EDIT: oh hey, a ticket got me Caster of Okeanos! First time I've gotten a servant pre-True Name reveal.

Traveller fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 3, 2019

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I cleared the 'real-world' Ghoul missions using Mash, Herc and a support Waver.

Let me tell you, nothing is more satisfying than seeing

'EFFECTIVE!!'
'0'

Through an entire match. Since the power-down doesnt affect skills, with a K-scope on Mash you can go 3 turns on Mash's buff, 3 turns on Waver, 3 on Camelot, then repeat. 15 turns where you just laugh at everything. I've yet to go over that limit and the most damage anything has done to me was, I think, 82.

Actually, now that I think about it, you could put the scope on Herc and just alternate the buffs, since at max they are both 6-turn cooldown.

Kouhai continues to deliver.

EDIT: Since I was stocking up, I gave a 10-pull to the Gacha Gods. Upped a Before Awakening with just one more for MLB, then fed the 3-star servants to my Mecha-Eli to boost her EXP a bit.

Waiting until I can roll the obvious new servants Sheba and Abigail.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 3, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If you’re dragging your feet on agartha, I’m sure there’ll be another 1/2 ap for EOR mainline event eventually. Just skip it all and think of it as quartz, farming locations, and a grail at the end.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Are Rank Up quests ever 1/2 AP? I know Interlude quests are occasionally, but I don't remember if Rank Up quests are included in those events.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, they kinda spoiled who Tituba is in the very first play, huh?

Also, huge thanks to Wrinkle and Celeste for their Chaldea Lunch Waver teams. 3655 bond points per fight.

If anything, the play makes it even better. Now you're asking how the gently caress the Queen of Sheba got dragged into this mess and turned into a slave for Randolph Carter.

Gilg posted:

Are Rank Up quests ever 1/2 AP? I know Interlude quests are occasionally, but I don't remember if Rank Up quests are included in those events.

They occasionally get 1/2 AP. The Babylonia anime campaign gave half AP to all starring servants, for example.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
When is the Sheba/Abby banner anyway

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Crasical posted:

Probably 2 weeks after Salem 1. That's the normal schedule, iirc.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Crasical posted:

Next week. There were 7 days between the two banners in JP.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They occasionally happen other times too, but Interludes and Rank Ups usually get 1/2 AP during a campaign dropping a bunch of them.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Welp, it begins. And there's a time lock on the cliffhanger. Motherfuckers.

Anyways what was the freaking point on Caster of Okeanos' true name lock? We go from the first on screen appearance to first name basis in 2 minutes top, 3 if you need to put down the tablet for any reason.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Omobono posted:

Anyways what was the freaking point on Caster of Okeanos' true name lock? We go from the first on screen appearance to first name basis in 2 minutes top, 3 if you need to put down the tablet for any reason.

The most insulting thing is she never even uses "Caster of Okeanos", and even before her true name is revealed she has her NP with its true name!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
both of the big EoR-specific gimmicks kinda peter out into complete nothing by the time of Salem. so yeah.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Omobono posted:

She is added to the common pool, so you can obtain her when you are still in Orleans.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Imagine rolling Caster of Okeanos before you play Okeanos and then becoming very confused.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Pureauthor posted:

both of the big EoR-specific gimmicks kinda peter out into complete nothing by the time of Salem. so yeah.

Then for Lostbelt they just completely drop it and go back to new servants giving you their name off the bat.

Hell, I think Circe only gets a small handful of lines that actually change with her name reveal.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
How do you pronounce it? Sur-see? Seer-say?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Crasical posted:

Going by her true name revealed summon line, sounds like keer-kay.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Calling it now: everything in Salem is happening due to dark Jesuit sorcery.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Crasical posted:

Keer-kay or seer-say, both are pretty much equally valid because dialects. Ditto like a dozen pronunciations for Cu and Scath.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kirk :v:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Vengarr posted:

Calling it now: everything in Salem is happening due to dark Jesuit sorcery.

being that it's lovecraftian, it's probably the irish or germans or something

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i say sir-see but she did still let me roll her :shrug:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In french it's Circé.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Crasical posted:

Kírkē in Ancient Greek and Kírki in Modern Greek.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I will call her Kiki then.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Shinjuku is fun

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Nitocris is a godsend in these Weakened fights.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, a bunch of bronze enemies that are humanoid, undewd, or both? Its definitely her time to shine.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

me, pre-salem: bond bonus is stupid and there's no way i do caster team

me, a few chapters through salem: i'll admit i was wrong, caster team is cool and fun

me, encountering a 200k hp rider wyvern: AAAAAAA

e: praise buddha

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 4, 2019

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

just press your caster nero skill 2

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Dr Pepper posted:

What? No. There are three fights in the Singularity that have Riders and they're all weak bronze enemies.

Ah...you meant the part we had access to before today.

Nitocris actually managed to death that 200k hp Wyvern before it killed my party so it worked out.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Wow, Salem loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

just press your caster nero skill 2

i'll return to this thought in a month and a half