Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

OneDeadman posted:

Put Velvet Crowe in smash cowards

I'm sorry, but Smash is for good boys and girls only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mayor Haggar would be dope af

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXasCjUTNpE

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i consider this a 100% accurate depiction of halo fans

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you wanna see VideoGames at his most savage go check out the UKMT thread

VG throws dark whodaknown

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Saint Freak posted:

I'm sorry, but Smash is for good boys and girls only.
It's Eleanor's time to shine!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The next Smash character will be F-16C Fighting Falcon from Ace Combat

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Taintrunner posted:

This is something I want.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Accordion Man posted:

It's Eleanor's time to shine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elqodm-wlGU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

i consider this a 100% accurate depiction of halo fans

It's about right yeah

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

they just announced the 80th destiny 2 expansion and my destiny loving friend is losing her poo poo so it's confirmed, destinyman for smash bros

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Something caused Steam to crash and burn. At least on my end, I can't access the site at all.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Ugh, look at that top 5, how are goon opinions so right?

autumnal oddium posted:

who's the final smash character !! who !!

JJ Macfield. Sorry, they were missing for so long.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Something caused Steam to crash and burn. At least on my end, I can't access the site at all.

sale just ended so they're probably having to put all the telephone wires in the big old timey operator switchboard back in place

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I meant to post something along these lines on actual Thanksgiving because I'm a sentimental sap, but I'm really thankful for SA and this thread. Before I started posting and reading SA again earlier this year I did a lot of Redditing and Twittering and it was really really bad for my mental health. They're both so toxic and so lovely. It's nice to feel welcome to post and not have a lingering thought in the back of my head that some right wing rear end in a top hat is going to dox me for saying people should have health care. It's nice to be part of a community that's full of (mostly) good people. This thread is full of great people. So I guess thanks y'all for being cool?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

they just announced the 80th destiny 2 expansion and my destiny loving friend is losing her poo poo so it's confirmed, destinyman for smash bros

I loving love Destiny 2 but I haven't even bought Shadowkeep yet, there's so much poo poo out and I've played so much Destinymans

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I meant to post something along these lines on actual Thanksgiving because I'm a sentimental sap, but I'm really thankful for SA and this thread. Before I started posting and reading SA again earlier this year I did a lot of Redditing and Twittering and it was really really bad for my mental health. They're both so toxic and so lovely. It's nice to feel welcome to post and not have a lingering thought in the back of my head that some right wing rear end in a top hat is going to dox me for saying people should have health care. It's nice to be part of a community that's full of (mostly) good people. This thread is full of great people. So I guess thanks y'all for being cool?

:kimchi:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

I loving love Destiny 2 but I haven't even bought Shadowkeep yet, there's so much poo poo out and I've played so much Destinymans

i'm at this point with the entire genre of endless treadmill games, so :same:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
She's a party member from Tales of Berseria.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Taintrunner posted:

And maybe you'll learn something along the way

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

people should have health care!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I am excited for the continuing adventures of John Destiny

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Is .Hack//GU Last Recode worth it? It looks like it’ll take me at least 100 hours to get through.

I'm playing through the first volume right now! it's fun so far; the battle system is kinda repetitive but i assume there's more to learn there. I'm a sucker for edgy sasuke assholes learning to be less rude thanks to their dopey friends and haseo is even voiced by sasuke for extra immersion. also you get a ridiculous steam powered death bike early on that you can crash into monsters for a surprise attack

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Halo Reach is live now which means when I click on MCC in the xbox app it boots to the splash screen and sits there frozen instead of telling me the game isn't available yet.,

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When did everyone get so into Halo Reach

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Halo Retch I reply for the millionth time

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

halo reach down my throat and turn me inside out like a looney tunes character

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
also John Halo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
reach is one of the two halos i liked when cooping with my friend in college but i thought odst was cooler

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I actually only ever played 1 and 2 at friends houses I don't care about reach but I use gamepass mostly for the assortment of indies so getting to play this "free" is enticing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

When did everyone get so into Halo Reach

Halo is insanely good, until 4, then it's bad

quote:

reach is one of the two halos i liked when cooping with my friend in college but i thought odst was cooler

If you're not dressing your John Halo up in the odst armor pieces you're a scrub

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Reach is also the Halo that's been unavailable outside its native platform for the longest (ODST was added to MCC some time ago).

RBA Starblade posted:

Halo is insanely good, until 4, then it's bad

This is coincidentally the exact point at which Bungie went independent and the franchise was transferred to a new studio spun up specifically for that purpose.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Looper posted:

people should have health care!

:agreed:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

people act like the bungie halos are impeccable, but half of the poo poo that makes the 343 games bad started in reach. the single player is good, though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

and judging from Destiny, we know that Bungie is pretty much purestrain fuckawesome.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Looper posted:

I'm playing through the first volume right now! it's fun so far; the battle system is kinda repetitive but i assume there's more to learn there. I'm a sucker for edgy sasuke assholes learning to be less rude thanks to their dopey friends and haseo is even voiced by sasuke for extra immersion. also you get a ridiculous steam powered death bike early on that you can crash into monsters for a surprise attack

GU gets significantly better starting in Volume 2. You get the ability to swap weapons on the fly, (compared to Vol 1 forcing you to menu each and every time you want to swap) and the steam bike gets an entire subsystem where you can swap out parts and do stuff like give you a constant invis effect while you're riding it. The steam bike also becomes much, much faster.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you bought one of the last Steam Controllers on clearance double-check that your order is still being processed because they accidentally outsold their remaining supply and are refunding some of them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm sorry for buying 1000 steam controllers everyone

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

people act like the bungie halos are impeccable, but half of the poo poo that makes the 343 games bad started in reach. the single player is good, though

343 actually took over reach halfway through its life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I got one of those controllers and I cannot for the life of me set it up in any way that feels good or even average. :/