Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Big fan of the election night bingo card by the way from several pages ago https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/743265

Does it not randomise though? We can't all have the same bingo card...

Not now, but yeah it needs it. I'll put that in before the big day.

Chuka's always staying in the middle, he's the free square.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

If it is it's probably only grammatically, so you'd be saying like "I see nothing here" instead, latin grammar is dumb.

IIRC you can pretty much put the verbs and nouns and whatnot in any order in Latin and it's still perfectly cromulent. I guess it can emphasise different things but you won't strictly be wrong. But loving hell 6 noun cases, gimme a break

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Isomermaid posted:

Quick, what's "nothing to see here" in Latin?

I'd say "hic nihil videndum"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's more the bit where it misses out a lot of stuff like "I do this, you do this, we do this" and instead makes those distinctions part of the actual words. I've no training in it but it reminds me alot of irregular verbs in german, just a pain in the arse to remember all the random forms everything takes.

I managed to mangle google into giving me Nihil hie videre as a translation. Latin translation through google is great cos it flat out does not work two way, you have to keep trying combinations of words until it gives you something that translates back into what you want.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 4, 2019

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

No it's just one corgi in a Queen mecha.

Konami are really trying to outdo that Silent Hill 2 ending, huh?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Tories have made a fake Labour site again.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservatives-labour-website-purchase-jeremy-corbyn-margaret-beckett-vote-a9231301.html

quote:

The Conservatives are under fire for more “dirty tricks” after buying up a website address in the name of a Labour candidate – to tell voters to “stop Jeremy Corbyn.”

The domain name margaretbeckett.com – instead of promoting the former Labour foreign secretary, a candidate in Derby South – reads ‘Don’t Vote Labour’ and attacks her voting record.

A video of her Conservative rival, Ed Barker, carries the banner: “As the Labour candidate hasn’t set up her own website, I thought I’d do one for her.”

I thought f*k this and reported it to the web host and linked a copy of this article, and they are escalating it to their "Trust and Security" department. I guess it probably contravenes terms and conditions.

At least they didn't just throw their hands up and say 'sorry nothing we can do'.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's a bit passe, but whenever the Blitz spirit is invoked I always recall this observation by Henning Wehn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqEB_598cU8&t=140s

ironically this appears to be blocked here in the UK

...and on my US proxy. what the heck

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Tories have made a fake Labour site again.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservatives-labour-website-purchase-jeremy-corbyn-margaret-beckett-vote-a9231301.html

I thought f*k this and reported it to the web host and linked a copy of this article, and they are escalating it to their "Trust and Security" department. I guess it probably contravenes terms and conditions.

At least they didn't just throw their hands up and say 'sorry nothing we can do'.

I swear that if I didn't make guillotine jokes the actions of the Tory party would make me do something way more drastic. These loving bastards.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Failed Imagineer posted:

IIRC you can pretty much put the verbs and nouns and whatnot in any order in Latin and it's still perfectly cromulent. I guess it can emphasise different things but you won't strictly be wrong. But loving hell 6 noun cases, gimme a break

o, przesłodkie dziecię lata!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1202014054409285632?s=20

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/08/dread-daughter-poos-smaller-girl-conform

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Grr, Labour membership joinery form doesn't let you input your address manually? (There are apparently these official databases of UK addresses, two or three editions, the older ones don't have the correct address for me)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's not true, she may yet grow up to become a columnist for the guardian, and will then be paid money to be loudly proud of her huge turds.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

gh0stpinballa posted:

one thing i've always found deeply bizarre about chapo trap house is why they're so cavalier about nicknaming their fans "grey wolves" when they would definitely poo poo the bed if say podcast is praxis started calling their listeners the klan.

Firstly I'd seriously doubt the irony poisoned dirtbag left podcast would gets mad about that. As for why they call them Grey Wolves, you have to go back to early episodes. They've always had a thing about Turkey, Erdogan and Gulen. It comes from Felix.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

ironically this appears to be blocked here in the UK
...and on my US proxy. what the heck

A YT thats available in ROI but not in UK/US? How even...

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

RockyB posted:

In other news David Graeber, author of the article "Stop talking about Jews it's dangerous" has a new video out called "Stop loving talking about Jews dick heads you're going to get us all killed by fascists"

https://twitter.com/davidgraeber/status/1201950245804027904

Watch the media ignore it like every other pro-Corbyn Jewish thing.

Good loving video.

On the subject of Graeber, if there's anyone who still hasn't read it yet Debt is a great book. "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggle" but from an anthropologist.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Yeah, its weird. I was watching episodes of Hell's Kitchen on YouTube here in ROI and when I went to the UK to visit my partner they were all blocked. Always assumed that they used the same blockers for both countries because of how most tech companies just don't care about providing services to Ireland.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i thought the tories wanted to implement an aussie style immigration system but apparently they're copying us instead?

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-from-australia

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Jose posted:

i thought the tories wanted to implement an aussie style immigration system but apparently they're copying us instead?

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-from-australia

Deport them to where exactly?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Presumably the concentration camps they keep off-shore.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The most galaxy brained take would be "back to England".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The case is apparently in reference to people born outside the country so presumably back to the places they were born if they can be bothered.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

One of them will be deported to Papua New Guinea & the other to New Zealand.

I mean yeah, it's loving absurd obviously.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It's one of those things where it's technically right but it feels wrong because the natives should be the ones making the rules about access to their land.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

CoolCab posted:

are you THIS accostomed to having people digest your ideas uncritically? this is genuinely pathetic - is your usual audience some sort of seal trained to clap

You know the answer to this.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Catzilla posted:

I just got back from my local CLP meeting. I volunteered to be a counting agent on the night! Has anyone here done that? Do you know what is expected, I was told that I basically just need to turn up and glare at tories, which I can do!

Hello fellow first time counting agent!
You should get a briefing on what to do, particularity as there are important rules like don't touch the ballot papers, but basically there's two things that happen. first phase, the cast ballots are all counted to determine the sum total of cast ballots - this should get done fairly quickly and you may be attempting to sample survey them as they're being counted to try and get a preliminary idea of the outcome for party internal usage. Second phase is the votes are then sorted into containers and counted - at this point you'll be watching the other parties' containers to ensure your party's votes are not being mistakenly placed there. There's other stuff like how to interact with the media if they're present (short answer is: you don't, but you may be in the background of a broadcast so dress accordingly) and what happens with unusual ballots but you should be getting the full rundown from your candidate's agent.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

chestnut santabag posted:

Hello fellow first time counting agent!
You should get a briefing on what to do, particularity as there are important rules like don't touch the ballot papers, but basically there's two things that happen. first phase, the cast ballots are all counted to determine the sum total of cast ballots - this should get done fairly quickly and you may be attempting to sample survey them as they're being counted to try and get a preliminary idea of the outcome for party internal usage. Second phase is the votes are then sorted into containers and counted - at this point you'll be watching the other parties' containers to ensure your party's votes are not being mistakenly placed there. There's other stuff like how to interact with the media if they're present (short answer is: you don't, but you may be in the background of a broadcast so dress accordingly) and what happens with unusual ballots but you should be getting the full rundown from your candidate's agent.

Might want to think about comfy shoes, too. The couple of times I've done it it's been about six straight hours of standing and occasionally walking around on hard floors, after a long day of being up and about already.

e: And if you're currently employed, take the day after off. You'll be there until the wee hours of the morning.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
One for Martin, two for Martin.

One for Bart.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Well that's the weird thing, you absolutely can let players do that because the game more than has the capacity to simulate consequences for playing ahistorically. You absolutely could, if you chose to, simulate the costs of different decisions and make it clear that if you want to have the nazis in charge you have to do the nazi atrocities, the two are not separable. You can make a ludonarrative argument for why nazis are bad, because playing them in the game will make it unwinnable, their ideas fundamentally do not make sense.

Kaiserreich does this, as far as I understand, in that it makes a lot of its historical events unfold narratively due to your choices in dilemmas, but the dilemmas are grounded in an understanding of historical inertia. The US is headed towards civil war because of the rising syndicalist sentiments across the globe and the failure of the US government, despite not collapsing immediately in the loss of the first world war like the UK and France, to handle the great depression and subsequent market crashes. You can't magic the syndicalists away nor can you magic away the fascists under macarthur.

The game absolutely can simulate a much better sense of historicity, it just chooses not to. And kaiserreich is pretty popular so there's clearly a market for a game in the genre with that sense of historical weight to it.

Kaiserreich does a good job of this I think.

I played as communist France, and had an event where I exiled a bunch of anarchists for a temporary stats boost and also because I loving hate anarchists.

It led to a series of spiralling events that tanked my stability (note: this could be because the mod creators are a bunch of syndicalists), which crippled my industrial output for a while till I managed to stablize with making the workers forget about the anarchist scum by improving their working conditions.

It's a good mod.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Anarchists are very good, actually

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Bad form sharing your own tweets but I cant find the original for some reason and I have the screenshot

I made the trump joke before seeing this in the replies

https://twitter.com/KlezmerRouge/status/1202035623869210625?s=19

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

Anarchists are very good, actually

Agree to disagree. But my dream game would be something like Kaiserreich HOI with less war and more political economy.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Anarchists are just liberals dressed in black

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

(KR is very good regardless, agreed)

PawParole posted:

:thunk:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

quote:

However, when she left via the fire escape she found herself outside in a dead end as the school gates were locked. Rather than trudging back through the packed hall to get out, she pondered her predicament for up to 45 minutes before opting to climb over the fence.

Bikson’s great escape would have stayed secret were it not for a 13-year-old girl who saw the incident at Priory school.

The teenager, who did not wish to be named, said: “I left about an hour early and about half an hour after she [Bikson] left the stage. I came outside and I was about to cycle off and she was behind the gate next to our school canteen which was locked and said, ‘excuse me, can you help me?’ She sounded quite desperate. I said the only way back out is through the auditorium and she said she didn’t want to go back through the auditorium because of everyone. She said ‘they all despise me … and they don’t want me to go back in there’.”

The image of her climbing over the fence to escape is funny, but this is actually genuinely sad. How has her life got to this point... It's like the end of a roald dahl story, probably one of the worst days in her life. Dumped into a debate where everyone hates her and she knows it, on a topic she doesn't know anything about, by a party who doesn't give a poo poo about her.

Yet the realisation probably isn't there for her to rethink her politics. Shame.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
It's the damned hateful, intolerant left again. It's like with those young Tories going on about how people call them names, or Tory MPs complaining that they get "scum" shouted at them, or the many articles about how hard it is to "come out" as Conservative, with all the insulting parallels being drawn with actual persecution of minorities. Like, you can just loving stop being a Tory. You know you're poo poo, people tell you on a daily basis you're poo poo, it's clearly causing you pain to be so poo poo. Just stop doing it?

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Amber Rudd debate was 2017 tho

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

No Irish general election :(

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

PawParole posted:

loving nora no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

painted into a coroner posted:

No Irish general election :(

Doesn't matter Ireland is just a dictatorship run by technocrats in Brussels and bankers in Frankfurt.

Honestly Corbyn should've just come out in favor of supporting free movement and nothing else when it came to the EU.