Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

there was a (literally) strong female character introduced so naturally it was time to dissect how unrealistic she was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

there was a (literally) strong female character introduced so naturally it was time to dissect how unrealistic she was

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Berke Negri posted:

Do they know who Gina Carano is, in real life?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Furnaceface posted:

Why are you doing this to yourself?

complaining about tviv goons in the chat thread is an old tradition

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Pirate Radar posted:

Do they know who Gina Carano is, in real life?

love reading from people that post about pop culture TV shows all day laying out how the writers are lazy morons and if I was fighting a twenty foot robot this is what I'd do tactically,,

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The HD remaster will include re-worked fight scenes using real life military tactics. Please look forward to Ewok weddings being firebombed or force lightning being used on residential districts for "illumination purposes".

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Berke Negri posted:

love reading from people that post about pop culture TV shows all day laying out how the writers are lazy morons and if I was fighting a twenty foot robot this is what I'd do tactically,,

They showed that Mando could sneak into the camp so he could have just gotten in quietly and tossed a bomb into the mech while it was “asleep”, but then we wouldn’t have had the scene with the palisades and Gina Carano using the pulse rifle so I don’t mind that overall

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i think part of it is a lot of tviv goons do not really internalize that TV isn't real so when anything ever kind of bucks up and wakes them up to that it is very unpleasant to them

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I mean it really shifts around. Sometimes they ignore whatever for the sake of the show, sometimes they search for problems to then talk poo poo on it because of arbitrarily made up principles.

Following the game of thrones thread during the finale was an intense experience.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Goons Are Great posted:

I mean it really shifts around. Sometimes they ignore whatever for the sake of the show, sometimes they search for problems to then talk poo poo on it because of arbitrarily made up principles.

Following the game of thrones thread during the finale was an intense experience.
genuine question, i absolutely have not been able to handle talking about any part of grrm's wretched work with goons ever in my life, did anyone ever at any point bring up the racism

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

The white/non-white ratio was briefly mentioned by some goon in GBS when that thread was still going and for a short period the TVIV thread devolved into rambling about sexism because of the female inability to rule without a strong man by her side, but apart from that it more or less exclusively moved around the terrible writing, idiotic mistakes and questionable lines and developments, plus some fanatic goons defending the show and its quality to the very end.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/legaladvice_txt/status/1201482997574389760?s=21

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Iol at consuming, let alone caring about, star wars

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Isn't that something to be proud of? It inspires people.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Watchmen’s good

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Pirate Radar posted:

Watchmen’s good

nothing, is good.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 3, 2019

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i think i'm going to branch into political lobbying

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

tbf gina carano looks like an unrealistic special effect all the time, whether or not she's in a space western tv show

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/tabletmag/status/1201861422193561600

nailed it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's almost quaint how Tablet Magazine purports to be Jewish mag that covers the important topics but generally goes for headlines that suggest anti-Semitic bigotry is frivolous.

But speaking as someone who isn't Jewish but rather loving hates anti-Semitism, I hate Tablet Magazine for its lack of editorial standards.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

don't let avs see this

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
weed referendum proposes a buy limit of 14g per day. cool.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

i refuse to click the link and find out how criminalising weed helps the jews of france

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exmarx posted:

weed referendum proposes a buy limit of 14g per day. cool.
tbh 14 g is enough to get a lithuanian basketball team stoned, it that is per person per day then who cares - it’s like legally limiting your daily candle budget to 300 dollars

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

tbh 14 g is enough to get a lithuanian basketball team stoned, it that is per person per day then who cares - it’s like legally limiting your daily candle budget to 300 dollars

must not take much to get the team stoned if they’re already lith-uanian

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the rain going through this downspout makes it sound like someone is desperately hammering their fist against the wall. i am not sleeping well this night

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

my 'cool' was unironic !

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fauna posted:

i refuse to click the link and find out how criminalising weed helps the jews of france

a judge basically ruled that if you're stoned you're allowed to kill Jewish people because THAT'S WHAT IT DOES FOLKS

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

cinci zoo sniper posted:

enough to get a lithuanian basketball team stoned

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

a judge basically ruled that if you're stoned you're allowed to kill Jewish people because THAT'S WHAT IT DOES FOLKS
well this is an unexpectedly dark follow-up to the emptyquote

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

i've met enough lithuanians to be afraid of a hunting pack of stoned basketballers with nothing to fear from the law

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the rain going through this downspout makes it sound like someone is desperately hammering their fist against the wall. i am not sleeping well this night
the spirits of the land

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
there is sound to this
https://i.imgur.com/KmAnqYM.mp4

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes