Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

pwn posted:

Marbelize whichever Janet of whose Void she’s currently inside

After everything’s sorted out, she’ll be freed when the Janets get un-marbelized, and the Janet Hivemind controls all

The Judge seems to be able to travel between dimensions freely, considering she could step to Earth and back at wish as well as in to any Janet's void, so there's no real reason to assume she would be trapped if the Janet was marbelized. Just because it takes a Janet out of commission, doesn't mean the Judge would be helpless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

tarlibone posted:

Did you see the one where they went to that science place, and they were able to film the actual speed of light? (Or was that a different slow-mo channel?)

I wish there was a cheap camera that was affordable enough for me to play around with.

Can't remember what channel but did see it and crazy poo poo.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

This is art

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/vellanteviews/status/1199392939304198144

Well now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ishamael posted:

I wish we had gotten some hints about what is next before the mid-season break

Wait wait what? I thought Episode 10 was going to be the last episode so I just got all caught up on the season... I'm gonna have to wait for more like some kind of jerk? :gonk:

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Also I know guessing at what the "new system" will be (or even if there will be one) is kinda pointless with how often this show swerves, but the focus on Eleanor and Chidi's relationship really makes me think that it's going to end up being based on love. You don't need to worry about every possible long-term consequence of your actions--if you put more love into the world than hatred during your lifetime, you get into the Good Place. It doesn't even need to be love for humans either, it can be animals, or nature, or whatever you like, as long as it's real love.

I can even see a future exchange with the accountant who spent all that time in the obelisk this season. Someone (probably Chidi) starts asking "but how can you possibly quantify love" and the accountant just gives him a look and says, "What? That's easy, we do it all the time up here. We got this."

That doesn’t solve the central flaw they uncovered at the trial though- People who get love and interventions from others turn out better than those who don’t, so it’s hard to judge the latter.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The final four episode titles are:

Putting Cruelty First

Mondays, Am I Right?

Patty

When You’re Ready

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

While I always thought the Chidi/Eleanor romance was one of the weakest parts of the show, this last episode did a great job of making it a lot more powerful somehow.

Also Chidi waking up all confident was extremely :stwoon:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Chidi and Eleanor have known each other for hundreds of years, but haven't really shown it until now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

To be fair wasn't it only this most recent iteration of The Good Place where Michael let Eleanor (and now Chidi) remember ALL of their past runs/interactions, so every time they fell for each other was basically the first time all over again?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair wasn't it only this most recent iteration of The Good Place where Michael let Eleanor (and now Chidi) remember ALL of their past runs/interactions, so every time they fell for each other was basically the first time all over again?

Yeah their relationship has been perpetually trapped in its infancy

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

But they've consistently fallen for each others several times, so they really are soul mates

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Krowley posted:

But they've consistently fallen for each others several times, so they really are soul mates

That doesn't really prove they're soul mates. You're probably going to be attracted to the same things about that person every time you meet them for the first time, even if that relationship was ultimately doomed.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Phenotype posted:

That doesn't really prove they're soul mates. You're probably going to be attracted to the same things about that person every time you meet them for the first time, even if that relationship was ultimately doomed.

Very Eternal Sunshine.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

MaxieSatan posted:

Very Eternal Sunshine.

gently caress, that movie gave me nightmares.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

The final four episode titles are:

Putting Cruelty First

Mondays, Am I Right?

Patty

When You’re Ready
troubling lack of Time Knife

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Something that I have wondered about the Soul Squad. While it's implied, has it ever actually been confirmed that the fake Good Place neighborhood was their first experience waking up in the afterlife or could some of them have had real Bad Place experiences beforehand that have been erased?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Ooh, I like that.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Wouldn’t they remember that when Michael restored their memories?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Edmund Lava posted:

Wouldn’t they remember that when Michael restored their memories?

Seems like the type of thing he would think they are better off not knowing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Senor Tron posted:

Something that I have wondered about the Soul Squad. While it's implied, has it ever actually been confirmed that the fake Good Place neighborhood was their first experience waking up in the afterlife or could some of them have had real Bad Place experiences beforehand that have been erased?

I think that the way it worked was Michael was given a pack of new humans for his first role as an architect, so he was designing the first time they would be tortured.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Senor Tron posted:

That's an interesting idea. Semi-related, it's always bugged me that Michael kicked Shaun through the portal right before he was going to reveal why no one was getting to the Good Place. He was right, but Michael didn't know that and just brushed it off as "Why let the guy keep saying mean stuff?" which has made me think Michael still knows something the cockroaches don't.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

1glitch0 posted:

That's an interesting idea. Semi-related, it's always bugged me that Michael kicked Shaun through the portal right before he was going to reveal why no one was getting to the Good Place. He was right, but Michael didn't know that and just brushed it off as "Why let the guy keep saying mean stuff?" which has made me think Michael still knows something the cockroaches don't.

Maybe he's playing Undercover Boss?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

emgeejay posted:

troubling lack of Time Knife

We've all seen the Time Knife.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

I think that the way it worked was Michael was given a pack of new humans for his first role as an architect, so he was designing the first time they would be tortured.

That's kinda how it seems, but then it's also suggested that they were picked because they seemed perfect to torture each other.

Suppose there's a bunch of stuff we don't know about this universe if indeed the writers have ever decided them. Like what Bad Place architects actually do, are there little Bad Place neighbourhoods?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Senor Tron posted:

That's kinda how it seems, but then it's also suggested that they were picked because they seemed perfect to torture each other.

Suppose there's a bunch of stuff we don't know about this universe if indeed the writers have ever decided them. Like what Bad Place architects actually do, are there little Bad Place neighbourhoods?

Thousands of people die every day. Even if he only looked at people who died from an accident on a specific date, I imagine Michael had enough fresh options to choose from to create a pair of odd couples.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Senor Tron posted:

Well it's likely Michael was assigned a larger group but when he came up with his idea he got permission to reduce it down to the four.

Obviously total speculation but it makes more sense to me than him being allowed to pick four that were already being tortured elsewhere.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He mentioned he specifically picked out Tahani because her pride made her ideal for the experiment. There's probably a pool of arrivals floating in suspension that architects divvy up.

We know architects don't normally go to the neighborhoods, Michael was complaining about that when he came up with the idea for the experiment. They take files, draw up tortures to match them, and send them along.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 29, 2019

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I don't want to be in the wasped nostril or butt spider neighborhood.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

1glitch0 posted:

I don't want to be in the wasped nostril or butt spider neighborhood.

The butt spiders do get bored, so it's probably not so bad after that point. I did love that line though. "The people get used to it, and the worst part, the butt spiders get bored..."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

He mentioned he specifically picked out Tahani because her pride made her ideal for the experiment. There's probably a pool of arrivals floating in suspension that architects divvy up.

We know architects don't normally go to the neighborhoods, Michael was complaining about that when he came up with the idea for the experiment. They take files, draw up tortures to match them, and send them along.

Jeremy Bearimy probably gives them all the time they need to set things up.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

The butt spiders do get bored, so it's probably not so bad after that point. I did love that line though. "The people get used to it, and the worst part, the butt spiders get bored..."

It was all the "he makes a fair point" nodding that sent me

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BioEnchanted posted:

Yeah that was great. Even the butt spiders are stuck in the Bad Place.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Jeremy Bearimy probably gives them all the time they need to set things up.

In another timeline, it would have been kind of neat for the cockroaches to have come from different eras.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Get your best " This is the bad place!" reaction gifs ready: https://www.cbr.com/the-good-places-first-funko-pops-frozen-yogurt/

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

boo_radley posted:

Get your best " This is the bad place!" reaction gifs ready: https://www.cbr.com/the-good-places-first-funko-pops-frozen-yogurt/

i can't believe this show has been out 4 seasons and it doesn't already have a line of funkopops

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I wanna get a Disco Janet Funkopop SO bad!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The creator of Funko Pops is definitely in the Bad Place.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

The creator of Funko Pops is definitely in the Bad Place.

I think you mean from the Bad Place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

boo_radley posted: