Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Shadowlyger posted:

All Might managed to stomp all over his own death flags, I'd like to see Endeavor do the same.

:same: I don't want Endeavor to die because the Todoroki family's arc of an abusive parent trying to atone to his victims and where they'll go from now is way more compelling than if he just died to make the situation more grim.

PMush Perfect posted:

He promised Inko he wouldn't die. Who breaks a promise like that?

Yeah! They still need to get married, dammit! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endeavor is definitely 100% going to die within the next 10 Endeavor focused chapters.

But they'll get his heart started again real quick and he won't even be dead for a full minute.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

amigolupus posted:

:same: I don't want Endeavor to die because the Todoroki family's arc of an abusive parent trying to atone to his victims and where they'll go from now is way more compelling than if he just died to make the situation more grim.

Yeah, the Todoroki family situation has been genuinely compelling in a way that just killing Endeavour off wouldn't be, and much more than if he were just instantly forgiven in the typical Weekly Shonen Jump fashion.

But h o o b o y he's been throwing around death flags left and right

Runa fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 3, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endeavor will get maimed and have to replace his leg with more fire.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Endeavor will get an increasing number of scars on his face until it’s just a lump of meat. He will still have the fire beard

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

RareAcumen posted:

Endeavor will get maimed and have to replace his leg with more fire.

He'll end the series looking like Fryguy from Mario 2.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The big attack by the league that's possibly coming in 4 months in-world is one of two things:

1. The final battle of the manga and basically the end.

or

2. The first half of Hori's MHA Infinity War, or specifically- the opening of the third act.

If it's the first then Endeavor and All Might maybe stand a chance. If it's the latter we're gonna see a lot of loving people get clipped. We gotta have an "All is lost!!" thing going on and the second movie is stealing part of it (Deku and Bakugou nearly dead, leading to some genuine combo attack from them) so it has to get punched up somehow.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hasn't Horikoshi said he wants to do all 3 school years if possible?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Volume 25 is out today, it has a colored picture of Burnin in it. Her hair(fire) is green!

Here are some other pages(with translations taken from reddit)

"Burnin (25) Moe Kamiji

Birthday: 1/18 Height: 169 cm Likes: Festivals

THE SIDEKICK Endeavor Agency is filled with ambitious people. Even amongst them, Moe’s ambition and high motivation to improve herself is particularly remarkable and she stood out quickly after joining. She wasn’t originally an Endeavor fan, but working closely with him and seeing the way he works she has come to respect him."

"Kotaro Shimura (32)

THE BUSINESS

Birthday: 7/13 Height: 178 cm Likes: Nao (his wife), Hana, Tenko, Mako (mother-in-law), Chizuo (father-in-law), his mother (Nana)

THE SUPPLEMENT He just wanted his family to be happy.}

"Dabi

Birthday: 1/18 Height: 176 cm Likes: ???

Fire resistant clothes. Detnerat Company made them for him.

THE BEHIND-THE-SCENES The decorations on the cuffs of his sleeves were inspired by a stove burner. I was inspired, not Dabi. When I was making instant ramen."

"Shigaraki ver. 2 Version 2 that totally fell apart in this volume. I really liked this look but it was hard to draw.

Trench coat + A military coat-like coat Big hood"

"I mentioned it in volume 23 too but let me say again there’s going to be a second movie!

But really, if there was a bowl for putting all of the things I’m grateful for in, right now that bowl would be absolutely overflowing and this room would be full of gratefulness. I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I’m really excited to see how it turns out. And this time the movie actually takes place at right around the same place in the timeline as this volume 25. Surprising right. I think it’s made so that even people that haven’t been reading the manga can enjoy it, but if you read this before you see the movie there should be some things that make you think “Ooh” and nod your head. Like Hawks hasn’t even been in the anime yet.

Anyways! Here’s the start of volume 25! Actually it’s already started! This is page 22! Oh well~~~!!"

Here are the rest of the extra pages

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The pacing seems way too slow to be wrapping up any time soon. Deku has a load of undiscovered abilities still to go, and there's a lot of stuff around hero society and the quirk singularity that has really only been ticking over in the background until now. The attack will probably be the beginning of the second half of the series, if anything.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

BURNIN loving RULES

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That's quick turnover for Burnin. I wonder how long he's been waiting to draw her and if he timed it right so he could get her on the cover.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's a really good design.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, but then Nighteye popped up with the whole "you're going to die in the next year or two" prophecy, raising even more death flags.

Plus, we now know that even if All Might does die, he'll just pop back up as one of Deku's quirk ghosts.

Deku proved that Nighteye's predictions aren't infallible.

(God, Nighteye as a character sucked horribly and his quirk was really stupid.)

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Kanos posted:

(God, Nighteye as a character sucked horribly and his quirk was really stupid.)

Maybe, but both of his VAs have been really good in the anime. The sheer emotion behind his screams actually made me care about him.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's a really good design.
Oh absolutely, I would read a whole Burnin manga.

Also is Nighteye already fighting in the anime? I haven't been watching since mid-S3 so I have no reference for where it's at now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Also is Nighteye already fighting in the anime? I haven't been watching since mid-S3 so I have no reference for where it's at now.

it's still in the setup for the yakuza raid

the anime thread's reaction to nighteye's tickle machine was appropriately disconcerted

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

They just started the raid last week. This week will be Amajiki's fight.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

the anime thread's reaction to nighteye's tickle machine was appropriately disconcerted

Yeah, that was a real WTF? moment in the manga.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

it's still in the setup for the yakuza raid

Agronox posted:

Yeah, that was a real WTF? moment in the manga.

Mashima was brought in as a guest storyboarder

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Oxxidation posted:

I mean, it's kind of weird that Nighteye just randomly shoved his subordinate into a tickle fetish machine out of nowhere to teach her a lesson.

It's doubly weird, because he never does any weird poo poo like that ever again for the rest of the story.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I mean, it's kind of weird that Nighteye just randomly shoved his subordinate into a tickle fetish machine out of nowhere to teach her a lesson.

It's doubly weird, because he never does any weird poo poo like that ever again for the rest of the story.

His repeated stamping of the table instead of the paper was a similar kind of eccentric comedy, but yeah then it all disappears.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He also buys a dollhouse.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also he tries to suggest his use of weighted stamps is a funny gag- to no reaction from anyone else.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nighteye follows up the weirdass tickle torture thing with gaslighting Izuku over the job, and then spends most of the work-study telling him that he doesn't deserve his Quirk or his dream.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Nighteye follows up the weirdass tickle torture thing with gaslighting Izuku over the job, and then spends most of the work-study telling him that he doesn't deserve his Quirk or his dream.

He also acknowledged Deku had shown skill and was legitimately impressed with how he performed during his 3 minute trial before going into a fatal one on one fight he almost certainly knew he was going to die in to make sure Deku and everyone else can escape.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
Wait so Burnin is a flaming Moe?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
half remembered weeb lore makes me think that 'Moe' is the 'adorable, cute' but it also puns in japanese with 'fire' or 'burning', which is probably the joke here.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Crasical posted:

half remembered weeb lore makes me think that 'Moe' is the 'adorable, cute' but it also puns in japanese with 'fire' or 'burning', which is probably the joke here.

it's a simpsons reference

pretty good one, too!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Crasical posted:

It's honestly probably a little of both. The kanji is from the former but the reading is the same as the latter.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I feel the tickle machine only looks disturbing to us because of all the weird poo poo we've seen in the internet.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Even if that's true, I don't think there's any circumstances it's okay for your boss to put you into a weird machine against your will. :colbert:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

As another goon pointed out a while ago, Nighteye felt like a filler arc character, in both design, his relationships and his overall place in the story.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

As another goon pointed out a while ago, Nighteye felt like a filler arc character, in both design, his relationships and his overall place in the story.
That might have been me? Or at least I remember the conversation as well. Lemme check.

Edit: Can't find it, might just be misremembering. I do have eighteen pages of posts in this thread over three years, though, so I could've just overlooked it.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 4, 2019

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Nighteye has Bleach Filler Character hair

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

PMush Perfect posted:

That might have been me? Or at least I remember the conversation as well. Lemme check.

Edit: Can't find it, might just be misremembering. I do have eighteen pages of posts in this thread over three years, though, so I could've just overlooked it.

That's a lot of posts itt but fishmech had like 300k+ before he got permabanned

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Not just a filler arc character, but a movie filler character.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I'm sure other people said it but I definitely recalled expressing that exact sentiment and yup:

Shere posted:

It's cool for exactly why you described. Everything involving Deku, Mirio, and Eri has been fairly good. I particularly appreciate Mirio's bit about capes, and Deku refusing to make the same mistake again (putting Eri down).

It's just that Overhaul feels like the villain in one of those Naruto feature films where they have to get through 90 minutes without significantly altering the status quo. I get why people are grumpy about it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i wonder if there's any word that's become as meaningless in anime discourse than filler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

i wonder if there's any word that's become as meaningless in anime discourse than filler
"Cringe" and "generic" are definitely in the running.